• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Clash jumper 2011

Guest Redleg_24

Clash Strip 2011  

152 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Only if they have a massive front rise and an elastic waist.

I actually heard that police use red and blue lights because the colour scheme attracts the eye quicker than any other colour.

Make the blue a lighter blue and that is all. Can't we just keep our exact same jumper and lighten the shades to an almost pastel?

be careful with your avatar nostradeemus or rpfc will mistake you for a carlton troll :unsure:

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^^

hahha peter crouch.

"peter, what would you be if you werent a footballer (sic)?"

"a virgin"

gold.

dont think the afl would let us wear blue shorts with a white top though...

also i agree that we should be allowed to wear our blue shorts when we are playing away and there is no clash.... seems sensible.

Is someone else using blue man bluth as inspiration for their avatar?

it was a joke. rpfc believes that if we play carlton, each in our home strips, the melbourne players will mistake carlton players for melbourne players. :)

P.s. your shorts pickup gave me a chuckle

That 'Cam Schwab' bloke seems like a good poster.

So we're making the best of a less than desirable situation. One that meets practicality (white), purpose (incorporation of MCC link and no cartoon) and no doubt asthetics if our current direction is anything to go by. On top of that the club has indicated it's preference/rationale for wearing a clash strip as little as possible (if at all). Can't complain with that IMO.

I agree that the Essendon situation is in need of clarification by the AFL.

it was a joke. rpfc believes that if we play carlton, each in our home strips, the melbourne players will mistake carlton players for melbourne players. :)

P.s. your shorts pickup gave me a chuckle

Brad Miller did.

He tackled Matty Whelan at OO a few years ago.

The 'faded' option is still not our jumper. Ther red shorts is still a change from our strip (and we would look silly).

Clashes exist. They are rare, but we need a clash strip. I'm ok with white. That's where I sit.

Brad Miller did.

He tackled Matty Whelan at OO a few years ago.

Brad Miller, Says it all really, probably had his eyes shut

There used to be a CHF at Prahran called Maurie Bartlett, built like a Greek God and a bricklayer by trade. Off the field very quiet and gentle.

On the field Maurie injured more teammates than opposition. When he was near the ball all his team mates attempted to become wide outside receivers very quickly

Anyway back on topic, lets agree to disagree re Carlton/MFC supposed clash.

Schwabby is on record, as I read it that there will be onle ONE Blue to be associated with the Dees. Dark Navy Blue. Non-negotiable :)

Essendon?

This is THE one, agreed. Though, when we played them this year without clash strips (but with white shorts) it went ok, but maybe that was just lucky or maybe they just smelt different?

As I said before, they owe us compensation. So I suggest they defer to us for a decade and always wear their new (unseen) clash jumper whenever they play us. With a bit of luck in a decade they may be history the way they run things at windy hill (or wherever it is they are moving to)

I'll give you that one by a head

This is THE one, agreed. Though, when we played them this year without clash strips (but with white shorts) it went ok, but maybe that was just lucky or maybe they just smelt different?

As I said before, they owe us compensation. So I suggest they defer to us for a decade and always wear their new (unseen) clash jumper whenever they play us. With a bit of luck in a decade they may be history the way they run things at windy hill (or wherever it is they are moving to)

I'll give you that one by a head

Where there is one clash - there is a need for clash guernsey.

Therefore we have to have a clash guernsey.

I'll give you the desire to wear it rarely, and actively lobby to wear it rarely, if you concede we need one.

Edited by rpfc

Where there is one clash - there is a need for clash guernsey.

Therefore we have to have a clash guernsey.

I'll give you the desire to wear it rarely, and actively lobby to wear it rarely, if you concede we need one.

well, if it boiled down to really only essendon then I'd take the small risk and opt for just the white shorts, despite the fact that you would claim every misplaced handball or kick to be a "clash" issue rather than poor execution or off balance or greasy ball or poor skills or any other possibilities. Just like the weather these days, any slightly unusual weather and it must be global warming.

So, no black and white concession. Life is more complex than that.

Here's one for you to ponder rpfc

Do you think a team plays better in their home strip or their away strip?

Professional footballers are very complex creatures psychologically. Clubs go to all sorts of lengths to optimise the mental readiness of players and minimise the effects of any psychological factors. There are many on field examples of proof of mental toughness or weakness. Some say that at the top level more than half (or name some figure) is played above the shoulders

Its not a great step in logic to suspect that an away strip "could" have a negative impact even if very slight

What if it did. Would you trade a small "clash" risk for the "safety" of your home strip

I don't know the answer to this, it may not be provable one way or the other because its usually accompanied by playing on an away ground.

well, if it boiled down to really only essendon then I'd take the small risk and opt for just the white shorts, despite the fact that you would claim every misplaced handball or kick to be a "clash" issue rather than poor execution or off balance or greasy ball or poor skills or any other possibilities. Just like the weather these days, any slightly unusual weather and it must be global warming.

So, no black and white concession. Life is more complex than that.

We're are proud people DC but come on...

Reasonable people can disagree, but can follow Cam's lead and get on with it.

And it isn't just a Miller tackle or Batram handball - it's fans watching on their TV.

The game is quicker than it has ever been.

Here's one for you to ponder rpfc

Do you think a team plays better in their home strip or their away strip?

Professional footballers are very complex creatures psychologically. Clubs go to all sorts of lengths to optimise the mental readiness of players and minimise the effects of any psychological factors. There are many on field examples of proof of mental toughness or weakness. Some say that at the top level more than half (or name some figure) is played above the shoulders

Its not a great step in logic to suspect that an away strip "could" have a negative impact even if very slight

What if it did. Would you trade a small "clash" risk for the "safety" of your home strip

I don't know the answer to this, it may not be provable one way or the other because its usually accompanied by playing on an away ground.

Home ground advantage (the ground itself, weather, fan support, unfamilar rooms, previous record) I believe in but to footy players on the field with the footy in your hands - you are just looking for blokes who have the colour you have on.

Doesn't make a dfference.

Home ground advantage (the ground itself, weather, fan support, unfamilar rooms, previous record) I believe in but to footy players on the field with the footy in your hands - you are just looking for blokes who have the colour you have on.

Doesn't make a dfference.

Hmmm. I thought you might have just a tad of "could be a liitle bit" or uncertainty, remember the other team has a least some of your home team colours.

Yet, you concede an effect of "previous record" on an away ground. Why would you think that?

Edited by daisycutter

I think there is something in a jumper. A pride and honor etc It's splitting hairs for some but if it made NO difference then why are some clubs so keen not to change ? To me this is the essence of developing a clash strip which has at least some of the same aura as our real strip. Not just some "other outfit you have to wear" Symbolism carries a lot more weight than some might think.

And it isn't just a Miller tackle or Batram handball - it's fans watching on their TV.

The game is quicker than it has ever been.

The Clash jumpers on TV i do not abide, that is a load of Boollocks.

16x9 Wide Screen High Definition TV's soon to be available in 3D give the viewer a clearer picture than ever before.

Much clearer than the old Black & white we had as kids when nobody complained.

The AFL have invented a problem to suit their Marketing needs, Collingwood & Essendon at this point in time are more Marketable than the MFC, so they have been able to stand their ground.

In the years to come if the MFC can maintain big crowds and win Silverware the Clash Jumper will become someone else's problem.

Dark Shorts for the Home side & White Shorts for the away side is what we must always work towards, however long it takes B)

I promised myself I was not coming back to this theme for the rest of 2010.

However has anyone seen the preview of the NB range of gear?

Not a DEMON in sight.

I thought we were bringing back the Demon!

Or Have I missed something?