Clash jumper 2011

Guest Redleg_24

Clash Strip 2011  

152 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have no skills in making these jumpers...

But what about our original jumper with the rules of the game in white being written around the entire jumper for our clash? Similar to the new emblem?

Since the rules of the game change so often, we'd have to change our jumper every time we wear it! :rolleyes:

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a big fan of the predominantly white guernsey but I like the one worn at the weekend by the Sydney Roosters which I think would maintain our traditions. It's white with a red V and a blue V in the style of Port Adelaide's new jumper.

Appreciate it if someone technically minded could reproduce it here and perhaps it could be sent to the club.

Guest ThemOldRedlegs

I'm not a big fan of the predominantly white guernsey but I like the one worn at the weekend by the Sydney Roosters which I think would maintain our traditions. It's white with a red V and a blue V in the style of Port Adelaide's new jumper.

Appreciate it if someone technically minded could reproduce it here and perhaps it could be sent to the club.

Here you go. My efforts to create a Roosters style jumper/clash strip. I like it. I reckon it is the look we should go for.

ppere.jpg

ppere2.jpg

Edited by ThemOldRedlegs

Here you go. My efforts to create a Roosters style jumper/clash strip. I like it. I reckon it is the look we should go for.

ppere.jpg

ppere2.jpg

I think you'll find that the AFL (unfortunately) mandates white shorts for away teams.

Just another overkill

I was researching NRL away strips over the weekend via google and found a few things

a. They don't insist on so much white on the jumper as the AFL do

b. No rule on white away shorts. Most clubs seem to use their predominant home colour (eg storm purple)

This makes a HUGE difference to the overall look without detracting on clash issue (IMHO)

c. Many NRL fans are upset over clash strips - many forums discussions

As a first step, I wonder if the AFL might bend a little over white shorts??? (dreaming??)

Guest ThemOldRedlegs

I'm surprised this hasn't been put up:

mfc-jumper-1.jpg

No offence mate, but that is YUCK!

Any jumper that is just all white with a fat logo in the middle is a no no for mine. Look at Hawthorn/Crows designs. Puke!

Sorry. That one is a no from me

No offence mate, but that is YUCK!

Any jumper that is just all white with a fat logo in the middle is a no no for mine. Look at Hawthorn/Crows designs. Puke!

Sorry. That one is a no from me

Agree 100%

What program are people using to make these?

The Essendon fans would be pizzed off with this one. haha

sillyo.png

Yehhhh we won't lower ourselves to the Essendon and Richmond levels. They are doing just wonderful WONDERFUL things for their sash-riddled jumpers.

We need to keep to the 'V' design... :)

With the Suns on the scene all earlier designs put up on this post that are predominently red will have to be scratched.

Also, I reckon designs that have a red/blue V on a white background are too similar to the Bulldogs away strip.

We could do worse than stick with the current design IMO.

Guest ThemOldRedlegs

With the Suns on the scene all earlier designs put up on this post that are predominently red will have to be scratched.

Also, I reckon designs that have a red/blue V on a white background are too similar to the Bulldogs away strip.

We could do worse than stick with the current design IMO.

Well the Bulldogs won't be wearing their clash strip at the same time we are wearing our clash strip. So nothing to worry about there. The current one looks more like a Doggies jumpers than the any one featutring the "V" posted so far. Not sure what you are seeing there!

Guest ThemOldRedlegs

As much as I dislike the predominantly white jumper, if we have to go that way then this is the best and fits in the most with our tradition.

Here is an alternate to the jumper I have already posted WJ. It includes a little more blue.

ppere86.png

This is a jumper I would pay good money for, a slight merge of a number of concepts. It keeps the traditional elements of the melbourne jumper but adds some white, not sure about the socks, happy for them to remain plain red but for me this says Melbourne Football Club.

Melbourne_Away_1.png

This is a jumper I would pay good money for, a slight merge of a number of concepts. It keeps the traditional elements of the melbourne jumper but adds some white, not sure about the socks, happy for them to remain plain red but for me this says Melbourne Football Club.

Melbourne_Away_1.png

I approve!! Simple yet as effective as can be having predominant white.

:)

Note: Hate how it has to look like Bulldogs colours as another poster had mentioned earlier on...

I am not a fan of this topic at all, but something quite distressing has emerged today that I had long held to not be the case and had considerably eased my concerns regarding the clash jumper furore.

St Kilda is being forced to wear their all white clash guernsey in the Grand Final. The reason given is that Collingwood finished higher on the ladder and earns the 'home game' rights, but obviously if the opposite were true we know Collingwood has no real clash guernsey so St Kilda would've been bullied into it anyway.

The 'compromise' is that if St Kilda wins they will all be able to change into their traditional guernsey for the post match celebrations and presentations.

This is not good. As much as I can put up with the Dees playing in a clash guernsey in a H&A clash, I would be furious having to watch them in one on GF Day.

I am not a fan of this topic at all, but something quite distressing has emerged today that I had long held to not be the case and had considerably eased my concerns regarding the clash jumper furore.

St Kilda is being forced to wear their all white clash guernsey in the Grand Final. The reason given is that Collingwood finished higher on the ladder and earns the 'home game' rights, but obviously if the opposite were true we know Collingwood has no real clash guernsey so St Kilda would've been bullied into it anyway.

The 'compromise' is that if St Kilda wins they will all be able to change into their traditional guernsey for the post match celebrations and presentations.

This is not good. As much as I can put up with the Dees playing in a clash guernsey in a H&A clash, I would be furious having to watch them in one on GF Day.

This is exactly why we supporters have to fight this one ID. This will happen to the MFC one day if we supporters of all clubs do not fight.

Thereis no clash between Collingwood & St.kilda. B)

Agree 100%

What program are people using to make these?

Generally it's Paint, but I did a school project designing a GWS jumper in Adobe Illustrator. There's templates on Bigfooty or you can just download an image off here

It's very interesting the way clubs have changed their approach to away or clash strips, in St.Kilda's only 90's grand final they wore their red away strip by choice. Collingwood were one of the first to adopt a pre-season and away strip. The first was horrible and the second had uneven stipes, a magpie on the front and a black back. Now Collingwood wear their "traditional" strip but if we look back to '66 St.Kilda's jumper was black on the back and Collingwoods was mainly white. It's all alot of garbage if you ask me, Collingwood modernised their jumper in the late 90's and now St.Kilda need to wear a meaningless jumper. I would hate to see Melbourne have to wear a clash strip against a side where there is no real clash, Brisbane, St.Kilda, Dogs etc. Regarless of that people need to acknowledge the money that rotating these clash strips every couple of years brings to merchandising and the additional appeal these jumpers have to the younger up and coming supporters.