New Emblem??

stephen247

Hi All

Long time reader - first time poster...

I had been following discussions over the past few weeks regarding our new emblem with much enthusiasm. And while my heart was breaking yesterday, I noticed the vision on the changeroom walls of what I assume is the new emblem. There were huge banners on the wall of the red V on navy blue (as with our current emblem) but with a lighter blue (I think) MFC interlocking letters on the blue just below the point of the V. I thought it was smart and stylish. Just wondering if anyone else noticed it and if the ones that have been officially shown it - is it the new emblem?

Cheers,

S.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All

I had been following discussions over the past few weeks regarding our new emblem with much enthusiasm. And while my heart was breaking yesterday, I noticed the vision on the changeroom walls of what I assume is the new emblem. There were huge banners on the wall of the red V on navy blue (as with our current emblem) but with a lighter blue (I think) MFC interlocking letters on the blue just below the point of the V. I thought it was smart and stylish. Just wondering if anyone else noticed it and if the ones that have been officially shown it - is it the new emblem?

Cheers,

S.

Someone must have a picture please.

As I usually sit in the Olympic Stand, I'm not sure whether the premiership years and the "masters of the mcg" signage was new this week, or whether it had been there all year. Today I sat in the Southern, so it was the first time I noticed it.

In either case, I liked it.

As I usually sit in the Olympic Stand, I'm not sure whether the premiership years and the "masters of the mcg" signage was new this week, or whether it had been there all year. Today I sat in the Southern, so it was the first time I noticed it.

In either case, I liked it.

I like it too, I think we should do it for all our home games.

As my mate pointed out, the only black and white sign up read 'report anti-social behaviour'

I like it too, I think we should do it for all our home games.

As my mate pointed out, the only black and white sign up read 'report anti-social behaviour'

Yes i pointed those signs out to my dad who told me he was there for 7 of those flags.

love your mates comment-that's gold!

I have been looking for an image of what I saw. In one of the pics of CS tweets (as suggested by Demon3165) I have found what I saw on the TV yesterday. The image is Here. The banner is hanging on the right wall next to the door. Very difficult to make out though. Sorry best I can find at the moment...

Cheers S.

I noticed the banners also and thought it could be the new emblem, but was actually left a bit disappointed at the same time. It just didn't seem as revolutionary as some others on here had describe. However, we'll find out soon enough.

Guest Redleg_24

Hi All

Cheers,

S.

Nothing like the new emblem, sorry.

On a side note, I also saw on the top tier of the Olympic Stand some new banners in place of the sposors signage. They read "The never say Die Demons" and "Mebourne Football Club - Masters of the MCG". I REALLY LIKED IT!!! Yet another sign that we are headed the right direction.

Go Dee's

Whist I haven't sat in my seat in the Southern Stand much this year that was the first time that I'd noticed the signage pointed out in these posts and love them.

The 'Masters of the MCG' is slightly arrogant but I still like it!

Also love the NBA-styled signs for every year we'd won a premiership - they hang their banners in the rafters of the stadia, obviously we can't do this but I thought that was great :) Left one blank at the end for the next one too...!

Guest Redleg_24

Whist I haven't sat in my seat in the Southern Stand much this year that was the first time that I'd noticed the signage pointed out in these posts and love them.

The 'Masters of the MCG' is slightly arrogant but I still like it!

Also love the NBA-styled signs for every year we'd won a premiership - they hang their banners in the rafters of the stadia, obviously we can't do this but I thought that was great :) Left one blank at the end for the next one too...!

I didnt see the flags. I sit on the balcony in the members so I am guessing they were above me. I could juts make it the Masters of the MCG one and clearly could see the The other one in the pocket. Did anyone manage to get any photos of these? Have the club promoted these at all? I haven't seen any talk about it on the official website.

Nothing like the new emblem, sorry.

Thanks for the clarification Redleg_24. I'm almost glad that it isn't. While I like what I saw - it didn't grab me by the throat and make me want to start screaming from the roof tops! Just have to wait to the official unveiling now...

Cheers, S.

I didnt see the flags.

Sorry if there was confusion, they weren't actual flags. Just signs with the Year won in White on a background of the Red V with Blue.

Did you mean 'flags' that wave in the wind literally or 'flags' as in we've won 12 flags?

I was lucky enough to have a great discussion with Cam Schwab and Don McLardy before yesterday's 'walk to the G'. I mentioned that I was really looking forward to the release of the new Emblem, and Cam just happened to have a copy in his pocket. He gave me a 'sneak preview' and talked me through the design. All I can say is that IMO it brilliantly captures the magnificent history of our great club over the journey, while remaining simple and 'un-cluttered' to the eye. I know I'm a bit biased, but I reckon it will be the envy of every other club in the AFL.

Cam added that there is still a bit of fine-tuning to be done (eg. to ensure that the Emblem fits easilg onto various background colours etc.) and it will not be released until late in the year.

I don't know if anyone's mentioned this but it seemed that a lot of people were waving the same red flags yesterday: I assume they were being handed out by the club outside the ground? Great idea if so, our blue and Collingwood's black mesh together so it's our red that we need to have dominating through the crowd.

I don't know if anyone's mentioned this but it seemed that a lot of people were waving the same red flags yesterday: I assume they were being handed out by the club outside the ground? Great idea if so, our blue and Collingwood's black mesh together so it's our red that we need to have dominating through the crowd.

They were handed out to participants in the 'Walk to the G', and you are right, they looked great in the crowd.

For those who have seen it.. is this it--on the beanie? I only ask cause its got a EPL emblem feel to it...

https://www.clubsonline.com.au/shop/index.cfm?fuseaction=Display_Product&ProductID=14600&OrgID=1749

Im itching to see this new emblem...

That's the old 70's "Chinese" Demon. i love it but i doubt it is the emblem for the next 100 years!!!

That's the old 70's "Chinese" Demon. i love it but i doubt it is the emblem for the next 100 years!!!

haha yeah i know its the old one but i thought it might be making a comeback in a more "emblem" feel... :)

Thought i would ask anyway :) I cant wait to see it !!! :(

haha yeah i know its the old one but i thought it might be making a comeback in a more "emblem" feel... :)

Thought i would ask anyway :) I cant wait to see it !!! :(

Yeah i thought that's what you were doing!

I hope it is unfurled to the members next summer going into next year myself.

To show it now may bury it a little.

Patience Mousey....