I HATE THE CATS!!!!!

The township of Geelong and the Geelong football club itself have become the most arrogant, most self centred, self aggrandisement

team in the League.

Melbourne supporters going to the game on Saturday can expect a earful of abuse and heaps of niggling for most of the day.

The Geelong Advertiser in Geelong has a picture of Scully and Trengove with a Large White flag in the Background and the Headlines are Demons run up the White Flag because we are resting Scully and Trengove.

What the F...

All anyone in Geelong talks about, is not how they will win, but by how much they will win!

With lots of Geelong supporters excited about creating new AFL records.

It seems that even though Melbourne is gaining respect within the AFL no one in Geelong even cares to acknowledge their improvement

The Geelong Advertiser is the worst look at the Front page and the article on Jack Watts http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/article/2010/05/28/177121_geelong_sports.html

Look carefully at this article

Basically to me at least it reads Melbourne is a basket case as the last paragraph says

"Melbourne fans have been extremely patient while they wait for this re-build to take shape.

They might need every ounce of that patience waiting for Watts to hit his straps."

Why because he basically doesnt have the Likes of Cameron Mooney, Nathan Ablett (gone), Tom Lonergan and James Podsiadly

To guide and Mentor him

Grrrrr what a load of Cat crap

Fancy having to look up to Cam Mooney or Tom lonergan let alone Nathan Ablett, James maybe, but not the other three

Add to that the likes of Mathew stokes, Tom Hawkins to name a few

For the last 3 years it has been Unbearable except when (Hawthorn drop kicked them) but even that gave me no pleasure cause it was Hawthorn that did it.

The worst part about it is though they are right, unfortunately they dont have the grace to go with the privledge.

Sorry for the rant folks

Go Dees! Do the best you can that is all I ask

I live down here in Geelong and find the opposite. I talk to lots of people in my job on a daily basis and most Geelong people are very gracious about their footy club. Ok the Addy can be over the top but don't forget it's owned by murdoch so there's nothing surprising there. I had the pleasure of meeting Mark Thompson a couple of times as well and unlike someone like Kevin Sheedy he's a complete gentleman. Not an ounce of arrogance.

If I ever do meet any Geelong supporters that have a poke at the Demons I remind them how many flags we've won. And I congratulate them for catching up to Fitzroy in premierships. That shuts them up straight away.

Edited by kerrydixon

Hey, Stalwart! Just think how it will feel if we actually pull off a famous victory, tomorrow?!! Would love to be in your shoes then!

Go Dees!!

I live down here in Geelong and find the opposite. I talk to lots of people in my job on a daily basis and most Geelong people are very gracious about their footy club. Ok the Addy can be over the top but don't forget it's owned by murdoch so there's nothing surprising there. I had the pleasure of meeting Mark Thompson a couple of times as well and unlike someone like Kevin Sheedy he's a complete gentleman. Not an ounce of arrogance.

If I ever do meet any Geelong supporters that have a poke at the Demons I remind them how many flags we've won. And I congratulate them for catching up to Fitzroy in premierships. That shuts them up straight away.

You don't work for the Geelong Addy do you ?? I've to meet Bomber and I couldn't disagree more. Just ask Kent Kingsley.

The township of Geelong and the Geelong football club itself have become the most arrogant, most self centred, self aggrandisement

team in the League.

Melbourne supporters going to the game on Saturday can expect a earful of abuse and heaps of niggling for most of the day.

The Geelong Advertiser in Geelong has a picture of Scully and Trengove with a Large White flag in the Background and the Headlines are Demons run up the White Flag because we are resting Scully and Trengove.

What the F...

All anyone in Geelong talks about, is not how they will win, but by how much they will win!

With lots of Geelong supporters excited about creating new AFL records.

It seems that even though Melbourne is gaining respect within the AFL no one in Geelong even cares to acknowledge their improvement

The Geelong Advertiser is the worst look at the Front page and the article on Jack Watts http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/article/2010/05/28/177121_geelong_sports.html

Look carefully at this article

Basically to me at least it reads Melbourne is a basket case as the last paragraph says

"Melbourne fans have been extremely patient while they wait for this re-build to take shape.

They might need every ounce of that patience waiting for Watts to hit his straps."

Why because he basically doesnt have the Likes of Cameron Mooney, Nathan Ablett (gone), Tom Lonergan and James Podsiadly

To guide and Mentor him

Grrrrr what a load of Cat crap

Fancy having to look up to Cam Mooney or Tom lonergan let alone Nathan Ablett, James maybe, but not the other three

Add to that the likes of Mathew stokes, Tom Hawkins to name a few

For the last 3 years it has been Unbearable except when (Hawthorn drop kicked them) but even that gave me no pleasure cause it was Hawthorn that did it.

The worst part about it is though they are right, unfortunately they dont have the grace to go with the privledge.

Sorry for the rant folks

Go Dees! Do the best you can that is all I ask

A lot of Geelong's success is based on that little Country Home Ground they were allowed to keep

& a few very Fortunate Father/son Picks.

Re Jack Watts. It shows that none of them including that local rag have watched any of his games over the last 2 weeks-anyway who cares.

i Hate the Handbags & treat them as an interstate club.

Over the years i loved all the Grand Final losses they endured. B)

Edited by why you little

On Big Footy at least, the Cats supporters I've read are incredibly decent and gracious (streaks ahead of the other twits). Mark Thompson strikes me as a seriously decent person and an outstanding coach. The team are just champions that back each other. I look at Geelong as the benchmark and what excites me is that in many respects that's where Melbourne is headed. I can understand them being annoyed at not seeing Scully and Trengrove play (I think we're all a little disappointed). The kids are the talk of the competition. But I still back our coaching panel for resting them. If they'd played, we would have given the game a serious shake.

I can understand them being annoyed at not seeing Scully and Trengrove play (I think we're all a little disappointed). The kids are the talk of the competition. But I still back our coaching panel for resting them. If they'd played, we would have given the game a serious shake.

No we wouldn't. Scully & Trengove are not playing because after 9 weeks they are fatiuged. If they had played, they would have been thrashed & probably injured.

Who cares what the Cats think, we are not there for there enjoyment. We are there to win 4 points just like they are.

I lived in corio for 3 years and they are over the top there.

It is really bad at the main geelong shopping centre.

There is cats stuff all over the shop windows.

Go Dees.

No point in hating the cats, like hating a new car. they play with courage and represent afl at its highest. they have managed to defy the draft to get to the top,,, gary ablett aside. now all they have to look forward to is a lousy premiership and gentle slide into the middle of the ladder as their top players drop off / go to gold coast bears.

No point in hating the cats, like hating a new car. they play with courage and represent afl at its highest. they have managed to defy the draft to get to the top,,, gary ablett aside. now all they have to look forward to is a lousy premiership and gentle slide into the middle of the ladder as their top players drop off / go to gold coast bears.

So the 2010 Flag is already decided is it??? That's what the Handbags thought in 2008. Not even half way through the season yet.

So the 2010 Flag is already decided is it??? That's what the Handbags thought in 2008. Not even half way through the season yet.

essendon

carlton

hawthorn

richmond

carlton

can all stay at/go to the bottom of the ladder. geelong, i don't hate them. this is the shortlist of teams that supplanted the legendary demons of '33-'65. they got all the glory when our boys folded.

collingwood, i don't hate them, i pity them for all the grands they lost in a row. i even barracked for them in the wayne harmes final. ('79)

Edited by bush demon

I live in Geelong and my wife took our 2 yr old in to the Geelong advertiser with her one day. My 2 yr old looked at the pictures of the Geelong players on the wall and turned to the receptionist while pointing at the pictures and said "Go Dee's" at the top of her voice ,got to love that.

But if you think its bad living in Geelong try living in Perth! Apparently the AFL only consists of 2 teams.

Nothing wrong with Geelong IMO, especially when we are there clones. I think teams and supporters will probably respect and hate us in the same manner when we start our dynasty and too be honest i cant' wait as i will be rubbing it in all of my mates especially the collingwood, st kilda, essendon and hawthorn ones as there the ones i love too hate!

Hey, Stalwart! Just think how it will feel if we actually pull off a famous victory, tomorrow?!! Would love to be in your shoes then!

Go Dees!!

The Dees beating the handbaggers at the cattery would certainly shut up the non believers.

Go Dees Attack

essendon

carlton

hawthorn

richmond

carlton

can all stay at/go to the bottom of the ladder. geelong, i don't hate them. this is the shortlist of teams that supplanted the legendary demons of '33-'65. they got all the glory when our boys folded.

collingwood, i don't hate them, i pity them for all the grands they lost in a row. i even barracked for them in the wayne harmes final. ('79)

How can you not hate Collingwood? Althought they lost all the gf's in a row, they pipped us of four premierships in a row in the 50's (which they did in the 20's) and their culture is shocking. I don't get how you can side with them. They are all scum who get into trouble with the police (heath shaw and alan didak to name a few) and their supporters are shocking (just look at this youtube video

). Joffa is a massive tool.

You also seem to hate Carlton (which I for one can relate to).

Edited by Road2Recovery

essendon

carlton

hawthorn

richmond

carlton

You have Sympathy for Collingwood so i find it hard to take your arguments seriously...i was at the '79, and i enjoyed it immensely.

Nothing wrong with Geelong IMO, especially when we are there clones.

WHAT THE [censored] ARE YOU ON

They will all crawl back into their hole when Geelong bottom out at the wrong time and spend the next decade finishing outside the 8.

They sure do look good now the cats, but the light at the end of that tunnel is beginning to fade.

They sure do look good now the cats, but the light at the end of that tunnel is beginning to fade.

It might one day, but I don't think it is fading at present, certainly not this year.

They're probably just basing that on their own experience with Tom Hawkins.

Further to my rant

Here are the latest Headlines in the Geelong Advertiser

TOP FLIGHT CATS hell for DEES

Is resting Scully and Trengove the right thing to do?

Ultimately yes as much as Melbourne will love the challenge it has a much better chance of beating Carlton rather then breaking them against the Strong Tough Cats

In a game that is hardly a Headline Attraction seeing the top two draft picks live would have been a treat, even for Geelong Fans

Well I reckon they have got it wrong, this is the headline that they should have run with!

MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB SNUBS GEELONG AND their SUPPORTERS

The Melbourne football club has decided to rest their two top draft picks for the game against Geelong

One club official was quoted as saying, "Unfortunately for them, the Geelong Football club and their supporters

have not earned the right to see the Two top draft picks of the Decade in action

Their unmitigated Bias and views on their own self importance, reflected clearly by their local paper has left us with no option but to ban them and their supporters and deny them the priveledge of seeing these top two players in action.

Now that would be a headline :P

I live in Geelong and my wife took our 2 yr old in to the Geelong advertiser with her one day. My 2 yr old looked at the pictures of the Geelong players on the wall and turned to the receptionist while pointing at the pictures and said "Go Dee's" at the top of her voice ,got to love that.

But if you think its bad living in Geelong try living in Perth! Apparently the AFL only consists of 2 teams.

I know the manager at the front office- she's a Red & Blue Demon and gives heaps to visiting writers like Brownless and Bews.

How can you not hate Collingwood? Althought they lost all the gf's in a row, they pipped us of four premierships in a row in the 50's (which they did in the 20's) and their culture is shocking. I don't get how you can side with them. They are all scum who get into trouble with the police (heath shaw and alan didak to name a few) and their supporters are shocking (just look at this youtube video

). Joffa is a massive tool.

You also seem to hate Carlton (which I for one can relate to).

i don't know why i don't hate collw'd. i like it when they lose. i respect their on the road record, and the fact they can sit two on the ladder without draft concessions. i also love the fact we have a 15 out of 16 (thereabouts) win/loss record against them in finals dating back to the late 30's. i am glad when they run hot in april may june and as cranky franky would say, 'shot down in july', or september as the case may be.