THE KADATJI MAN

Demonland

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest melbman

My two cents worth is that if we are getting quick ball out of the middle then we can pass to a leading forward at a low height, Sylvia is a quick lead and a strong mark. if we were to face a bottle neck/wall like last week then the delivery into the forward line comes in more frequently at a greater height which suits the talls ie newton more so than Sylvia, not that Colin is a shrimp at all

I imagine we'll see Sylvia on a quick lead a few times on Sunday because of greater delivery speed into the forward fifty

Sorry for Newton, I don't think he deserved to be dropped. Victim of the 'getting games into kids' protocol I suspect (and don't disagree with). I wonder if it's indicative of the coach's plans. Surely you wouldn't drop him after a good game if he was part of the planned future forward line... Or maybe they don't feel he played so well?

There's no way we'll line up as stated. Even if the named forward six actually start forward, Sylvia will not be wasted in a pocket, and Petterd will not be at CHF. Bail will play up to the wing irrespective of where he's named.

In any case, it looks like we'll have a vacant forward fifty for most of the game and persistence with the ploy of creating space behind the forwards and requiring them to run back towards goals to gather the ball. It's of concern. I hope it's only until Watts/Martin/Jurrah/Gawn etc are ready to provide the necessary targets.

As an aside; I was speaking with one of the Sandy Dragons coaches who was involved with Gawn, and he stated that Gawn would have been a top 10 pick if he hadn't done his knee. Big call, but he's in a reasonable position to make the claim. I hope he's right.

Future forward line:

F: Gawn Fitzpatrick Jurrah

HF: Green Watts Sylvia

MATCH UP ON THAT!

Future forward line:

F: Gawn Fitzpatrick Jurrah

HF: Green Watts Sylvia

MATCH UP ON THAT!

By the time Gawn and Fitzparick are AFL regulars, Green will be retired.

Try this

HF - Sylvia Watts Davey

F - Pettard Jurrah Woneamirri

This is the forward line I pray is up and running by seasons end.

Gawn would have been a top 10 pick if he hadn't done his knee. Big call, but he's in a reasonable position to make the claim. I hope he's right.

not calling you full of it, at all, I have heard this sentiment before. I don't get it though... surely we are not the only club in the comp who has the foresight to accept we are getting a bloke that is going to take a long time to recover. Similar things were said about Grimes, sliding from possible top 5 to 14. Why would all the other recruiters put a line through a player just because his first year of AFL footy is going to be in recovery mode? Seems extremely short-sighted and just plain dumb. All I know about Gawn is obviosuly that he is HUGE and displays a great amount of mobility for that size. That right there makes him a very promising recruit so I wouldn't be surprised if he was rated top 10. Particularly since there were stuff all other ruckmen in this draft

not calling you full of it, at all, I have heard this sentiment before. I don't get it though... surely we are not the only club in the comp who has the foresight to accept we are getting a bloke that is going to take a long time to recover. Similar things were said about Grimes, sliding from possible top 5 to 14. Why would all the other recruiters put a line through a player just because his first year of AFL footy is going to be in recovery mode? Seems extremely short-sighted and just plain dumb. All I know about Gawn is obviosuly that he is HUGE and displays a great amount of mobility for that size. That right there makes him a very promising recruit so I wouldn't be surprised if he was rated top 10. Particularly since there were stuff all other ruckmen in this draft

Fair enough, but those 'similar things said about Grimes' seem to be coming true... don't they!?

I don't know what people are on about re newton. He is so imobile. he was pretty average last week imo and he is not going to stay in the side purely because of his ruck relief work.

And to all people even suggesting Scully be dropped b/c there were others (like Dunn, Bartram, Newton) who performed better than him last week... YOU PEOPLE ARE CLUELESS!

Dunn, Bartram and Newton are seasoned footballers (4 years now?) who are and should be contributing more than Scully on a week-to-week basis. However Dunn, Bartram and Newton are objectively average footballers who are taking our list nowhere. Scully on the other hand is one of the 3-4 players on our list that has the potential to be an A-grader. He needs to get 50 games into him ASAP! That's 50 AFL games. not 50 vfl games. What the hell is wrong with you guyz!

IMO, Scully, Trengove and Watts should be played every game possible whilst they are fit enough to be out on the park. That is regardless of whether they are contributing less than Lynden Dunn, the most average trier in our team who will be delisted by 2012! We may not be fully rebuilding anymore, but we still need to develop our youngsters by playing them.

Ultimately, if Dunn/Bartram got 25 disposals this week, and Scully got 10, I would still keep choose Scully in the team over Dunn any day of the week. Any one who would pick otherwise is not thinking about our team's development in the right way.

Imagine this--- by start of year 2012----

- Watts, Gysberts, Blease, Strauss, Tapscott, Maric: 30 games

- Scully, Trengove, Jurrah McKenzie, Bail, Jetta, Wonaeamirri: 40 games

- Bennel, Jetta, Grimes, Garland: 60 games

- Frawley, Pettard, Morton: 80 games

That is how we'll be dominating in 2012. Top teams have hardened AFL players and are experienced. Just look at Stkilda, Geelong, Bulldogs if you need proof.

By the time Gawn and Fitzparick are AFL regulars, Green will be retired.

Try this

HF - Sylvia Watts Davey

F - Pettard Jurrah Woneamirri

This is the forward line I pray is up and running by seasons end.

My opinions only - Wonna won't be back. Jurrah should never again be played in a key position. The rest of it I like, particularly if you're talking about the end of the current season.

I just like the idea of two >200cm bohemoths on the full forward line, with Gawn helping out Jamar in the ruck, and the nightmare of all backmen (Jurrah) adding some magic. The half forward line with Watts at CHF taking speckies and breaking packs, and two of our best running goal-kickers feeding off him on the flanks.

Davey just needs to be anywhere near the action, so I'd have him on a wing, but can't argue with him at half forward either.

The future looks bright in any case!

LOL @ all the morons earlier in the thread saying Scully will be dropped.

even though this is the supposed final team there will be a change and if we were playing geelong doggies or saints this week i can gaurantee you scully wouldnt be playing

Newton will be brought back in to help russian

even though this is the supposed final team there will be a change and if we were playing geelong doggies or saints this week i can gaurantee you scully wouldnt be playing

Newton will be brought back in to help russian

Can't help but agree. Trying to deflect the media from Scully get dropped is a possibility. Late change will mean no press to dent the confidence.

Jamar on his own seems very risky.

Edited by Allen Jakovich

Imagine this--- by start of year 2012----

- Watts, Gysberts, Blease, Strauss, Tapscott, Maric: 30 games

- Scully, Trengove, Jurrah McKenzie, Bail, Jetta, Wonaeamirri: 40 games

- Bennel, Jetta, Grimes, Garland: 60 games

- Frawley, Pettard, Morton: 80 games

That is how we'll be dominating in 2012. Top teams have hardened AFL players and are experienced. Just look at Stkilda, Geelong, Bulldogs if you need proof.

sylvinator, I agreed with everything with what you said in your post. Everything regarding the comments on those who thought Scully should be dropped, etc. Until the above quote.

We won't be dominating in 2012.

By god, I hope we are. It would be remarkable. But I very much doubt it.

We might be playing exciting footy and/or embarking on making ground within the eight, but not dominating.

Well, I guess Newton out is the obvious choice. It'll be interesting to see how Jamar goes by himself

He better not twist his ankle during the warm up...

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

Anyway it is finally nice to have more players pressing for a spot than guys that should lose it. I'm look forward to many seasons ahead where we struggle to fit 25, 26 or even 28 into 22.

I see some posters still think Juice will be called in 'to help Jamar'. What, pretend Scully's got the flu so neither he nor the club will have to suffer an embarrassment?

Perhaps the club has actually decided to [censored] Richmond with C-L-A-S-S, no matter what size it is. An absence of Newton means more class - it's intrinsically true, true by definition, call it what you like.

If they are going to perform a stunt on Sunday to bring in support for Jamar, don't forget Spencer is still an emergency; I wonder why. I would call him up ahead of Newton, despite Newton's trying hard last week (within his profound limitations). He's a genuine ruckman by height, would not be completely outclassed by a faded and pretty useless Simmons or another youngster, and would allow Jamar to have a good spell up forward to take a few marks. This makes more sense to me than bringing Juice in at the last minute. Spencer needs games and here's an apparently less challenging one for him.

But I don't think Scully will be pulled.