Trengove - Dees first rising star nominee?

Demon3

Thought Trengove's poise and class was great today. Calm, intelligent and deliberate. Playing against the men in the SANFL seems to have helped him settle a little better that Sculls. Love them both, But Jack was great.

** for what its worth, our other Jack is rising up the ranks in the AFL i reckon. I love that i can trust him. He will be an A grader.

What a great feeling to have experianced a win so early in the season against a supposed top 4 side and not have to worry about only trying to win 3 or less for the rest of the season!!

Its a grand old flag!

He was great today without being outstanding imagine these kids with 25 - 30 games into them and more importantly games together. As for the rising star the 2 Essendon boys were pretty good too?

yeah, good points Bastinac was good and the bomber boys did do well. Call me bias.. thats because i am, But i think Jack is the man this week.

Gosh this is a good feeling!

I didn't see the Essendon game, so can't comment, but for what it's worth I thought Trengove was instrumental in helping us win today. He has had 3 good weeks, in tough conditions, and deserves a nomination for consistent effort.

He was good. But I think Bastinac and Melksham had better games this week.

No worries. He'll get a nomination eventually.

Loved his joy when he kicked that goal.

Yes he was very pumped, was great to see. It really spurred him on to finish the game strongly.

Rich - WAFL

Trengove - SAFL

Trengove will get a nomination, but most importantly he will win the rising star... because he is a star. He will be an outstanding player for the Demons this season and beyond.

I didn't see the Essendon game, so can't comment, but for what it's worth I thought Trengove was instrumental in helping us win today. He has had 3 good weeks, in tough conditions, and deserves a nomination for consistent effort.

He will get one when deserved but as yet there are players having more standout games than him. Bastinacs game will be hard to go past this week. I dont think it will take Jack to much longer though he is getting better each week.

It seemed like Jack's first three kicks were all terrible turnovers but he really worked into the game nicely after half time. I think Scully and Trengove's elite fitness levels will hold them in good stead in their first years. Both have huge running capacity as shown in their beep tests at draft camp and at the MFC.

Not sure either deserve rising star noms just yet though, still plently of improvement as you would expect.

Thought Trengove's poise and class was great today. Calm, intelligent and deliberate. Playing against the men in the SANFL seems to have helped him settle a little better that Sculls. Love them both, But Jack was great.

** for what its worth, our other Jack is rising up the ranks in the AFL i reckon. I love that i can trust him. He will be an A grader.

What a great feeling to have experianced a win so early in the season against a supposed top 4 side and not have to worry about only trying to win 3 or less for the rest of the season!!

Its a grand old flag!

Definitely not worthy of a rising star nomination this round.

I will call you biased. Cause that's what you are after that call.

He was okay. The goal was from a soft free kick and he took one great mark.

Other than that, he was serviceable at best.

Was it Trengove who got poked in the eye last week. At half time he came up the race clutching a towel to his right eye. May have played with limited vision in the right eye.

I don't mind if Trengove misses out on a nomination this week. Given his mature decision making I can see more games like this, and better, going forward for him.

He will get a nomination this season at one stage. Todays game might be average compared to what he could do later on this season.

Definitely not worthy of a rising star nomination this round.I will call you biased. Cause that's what you are after that call.He was okay. The goal was from a soft free kick and he took one great mark.Other than that, he was serviceable at best.

Bad comment, was easily a free kick.

Was it Trengove who got poked in the eye last week. At half time he came up the race clutching a towel to his right eye. May have played with limited vision in the right eye.

Thought it was Scully that got the poke in the eye.

It seemed like Jack's first three kicks were all terrible turnovers but he really worked into the game nicely after half time. I think Scully and Trengove's elite fitness levels will hold them in good stead in their first years. Both have huge running capacity as shown in their beep tests at draft camp and at the MFC.

Not sure either deserve rising star noms just yet though, still plently of improvement as you would expect.

While their fitness is amazing, Scully was well and truly spent late in the 2nd quarter. I felt so sorry for him - he just couldn't chase any more!

Servicable at best? i disagree, i think he contributed significantly to the victory.

Your selling his game way short im afraid mate. anyway, it was just an opinion, lighten up your team won,

Bad comment, was easily a free kick.

Maybe you are right. I was sitting MCC and it looked like the umpire just plucked it out of nowhere !

Servicable at best? i disagree, i think he contributed significantly to the victory.

Your selling his game way short im afraid mate. anyway, it was just an opinion, lighten up your team won,

As you said, opinions opinions. I'm happy Melbourne won. I just disagreed with the fact that his game

warranted a rising star nomination.