SCULLY READY FOR FULL TRAINING

Gooner

I think that is based on Tapscott looking physically stronger. We have no idea where his fitness is at.

Interesting Williams named those 3 as possible round 1 starters. Gysberts if he has the tank could be every chance. He is a tall midfielder/utility, and although still a lighter build, should be able to handle himself.

Will be interesting to see these guys up against the real opposition to see how they look.

Still I would expect blokes like Maric in his third year to pushing ahead at this stage for the available spots in our team.

Well surely Scully and Trengrove are (barring injuries and fitness) absolute locks to play round 1. Id put the house on it.

Gysby seems to have been mentioned a lot in various forms, herd some players interviewed after that treck up the mountain saying he was very impressive. Must be more ready than he looks.

All in all id expect a minimum of 3 debutants in round 1. We had 3 plus i think Meesen too debut round 1 this year. So ud think with the 4 high picks this year, plus Strauss from last year, at least 3 will play.

My pick would be Scully, Trengrove, Gysberts and maybe strauss

Blease, Tappscot to work through VFL for form.

Well surely Scully and Trengrove are (barring injuries and fitness) absolute locks to play round 1. Id put the house on it.

Gysby seems to have been mentioned a lot in various forms, herd some players interviewed after that treck up the mountain saying he was very impressive. Must be more ready than he looks.

All in all id expect a minimum of 3 debutants in round 1. We had 3 plus i think Meesen too debut round 1 this year. So ud think with the 4 high picks this year, plus Strauss from last year, at least 3 will play.

My pick would be Scully, Trengrove, Gysberts and maybe strauss

Blease, Tappscot to work through VFL for form.

Tapscott is an unknown, but he looks to have the foot skills at least.

I would think the football dept have Strauss, Maric, Grimes in their sights to play out a full year, and as much at senior level as possible. They should be ahead of the others, despite previous injuries, and with a good pre-seaon will be expecting them to cement a spot (perhaps in the midfield for Grimes).

Blease is an interesting one and would love to know their expectations of him i.e whether they really expect senior footy this year. I would be thinking 2nd half of the year.

Add to that Wonaeamirri and Garland as possible starters for round one, and already we have to squeeze out some newbies.

A good position to be in, if this is the case, hopefully we have most of the list to choose from in round one !!

Went to training on Wednesday, took a few photos but dont know how to download them here.

Of the players I noticed:

Tapscott....... Buggered if I can tell whats his dominant side kicked great with both feet, muscled body: game ready.

Maric............ Was in everything, offered himself in the forward line, quick and nippy.

Millar..............The standout, ran well, offered himself on multiple leads and generally kicked well.

Gawn.............Tall, mainly did forward/backman drills, kicks accurately over 40mtrs[ if a bit high] leads well and fast.

Jurrah............ Didnt train with group, did lap work and 30mtr kicking to trainer, looks nearly ready for main group.

Davey........... The ball carrier, quick and hard to catch through the center.

Bartram......... Trained alot by himself with trainer, just kick to kick.

Blease........... Went swimming with Bruce, Jamah and a few more.

Frawley.......... Solid session will make it hard for not a few forwards.

Green............ Good session, looks very fit and according to him eager to start.

Martin............ Did ruck session with Spencer, spent not a little time in the toilet ?

MacDonald..... Joel, Good size body, wants badly to get at the bears in round 5, mainly Adcock.

Moloney.......... The motivator on the ground, its his voice you here most.

Morton............ Still a stick insect, but he just keeps getting on his own and getting the ball.

Rivers............. Did everything looks good and ready for 2010.

Sylvia............. Great body tone, takes everybody on, I think he finally believes in himself.

Warnock......... Very solid and didnt do anything wrong.

Watts..............Has put on muscle, looks much better, looks taller?

Wona.............. Went flat out all session, hope fore a good year.

Sorry if I forgot anybody, just ask away if you have any questions. Its hard to get near all the players with the construction going on.

Here's a piece of useless gossip, as we were leaving in the car along the Cranboure/Berrick road there were three enginneers inspecting the rail crossing/ railbed/ dont know what it means if anything??????

I think the interesting thing in the article is that the midfield coaches thought they knew the make up of the midfield group this year....

ie. green, Jmac, Moloney, Sylvia....

but the young guys are that good that they have to reconsider the make up and that means Scully, Trengove and Gysberts maybe considered ready and part of the clubs thinking already rather than just learning the game this year

i would love to see Tapscott play in round 1 if he is fit and ready to go.

i dont know if anyone else feels this way but this kid is going to be great for us.

big body, kicks long and kicks accurate going to be a ripper of a player

cant wait for the footy to start and watch the dees i havnt felt this way for a while!

Went to training on Wednesday, took a few photos but dont know how to download them here.

Of the players I noticed:

Tapscott....... Buggered if I can tell whats his dominant side kicked great with both feet, muscled body: game ready.

Maric............ Was in everything, offered himself in the forward line, quick and nippy.

Millar..............The standout, ran well, offered himself on multiple leads and generally kicked well.

Gawn.............Tall, mainly did forward/backman drills, kicks accurately over 40mtrs[ if a bit high] leads well and fast.

Jurrah............ Didnt train with group, did lap work and 30mtr kicking to trainer, looks nearly ready for main group.

Davey........... The ball carrier, quick and hard to catch through the center.

Bartram......... Trained alot by himself with trainer, just kick to kick.

Blease........... Went swimming with Bruce, Jamah and a few more.

Frawley.......... Solid session will make it hard for not a few forwards.

Green............ Good session, looks very fit and according to him eager to start.

Martin............ Did ruck session with Spencer, spent not a little time in the toilet ?

MacDonald..... Joel, Good size body, wants badly to get at the bears in round 5, mainly Adcock.

Moloney.......... The motivator on the ground, its his voice you here most.

Morton............ Still a stick insect, but he just keeps getting on his own and getting the ball.

Rivers............. Did everything looks good and ready for 2010.

Sylvia............. Great body tone, takes everybody on, I think he finally believes in himself.

Warnock......... Very solid and didnt do anything wrong.

Watts..............Has put on muscle, looks much better, looks taller?

Wona.............. Went flat out all session, hope fore a good year.

Sorry if I forgot anybody, just ask away if you have any questions. Its hard to get near all the players with the construction going on.

Here's a piece of useless gossip, as we were leaving in the car along the Cranboure/Berrick road there were three enginneers inspecting the rail crossing/ railbed/ dont know what it means if anything??????

52K, how did Trengove and Gysberts train, if you can remember ?

Sorry I cant add anything about Scully, Trengove or Gysberts they must have been on the other side of the oval. One thing on Tapscott, in a drill involving 30mtr kicking between two players, Morton was paired with Taps, I couldnt tell Taps dominate foot and on several kicks Morton took the ball hard and accurate from Taps and said ' missile like '. I guess he was impressed by the accuracy and power of the flat passes.

And no I havent figured out how to download photos.

Who said you cant teach an old dog new tricks. The photos are now on flickr under 52k2. How do you post them to this site?