Stef Martin

kegs

Look Ive had a few drinks but this is a rubbish thread! Martin shows a lot of promise for a guy who's taken up football late. Seriously mate have you even watched him play?

Agree, this thread is crap! Kegs did you go to a game in 2009?

Martin is a tall, who's been thrown into AFL and has shown something, I'm willing to back his potential.

While your at kegs, why don't you start another crap thread about Watts, and how he hasn't done anything yet?

this has to be a Joke.......

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now this is just my opinion so dont get shitty but is it just me or is Martin a crab. Now dont get me wrong I am a demons man and im not a hater but I dont think the kid can play at all. People keep putting him in as a future star but he can kick at all let alone kick goals as a key foward, he seems very slow across the ground which means his defensive pressure isnt very good and he continually gets shoved out of the way in marking contest. Now I know the strengh issues can be fixed with a few more preseasons but I fail to see how we can fix the other issues before he simply becomes a liability. Again I hope im wrong but any opinions

Martin is being groomed as a Utilty hence the ammount of positions he has been playing

Not sure why you think he is slow as that isnt my observation at all

The kid is still learning and his physical attribrutes are excellent for the Utility role especially filling gaps in a key position

Too much emphasis on players becoming stars is far too unrealist as most great sides were lucky to have 6 of them at once

I would be very happy if Martin could improve his disposal and remain mostly injury free for 200 plus games

Martin IMO is a valuable cog in the side

He was a PSD pick 2 years ago that was considered a project at the time as he had played bugger all football.

I think the footy dept would be considereing Steph WAY ahead of schedule atm. He's played 27 games in 2 years in a variety of positions and roles and done ok. Last year he was equal 3rd at the club in contested marks behind Robbo and Bate which is why he may go forward more next year.

Martin would probably be the most versatile young prospect at our club and on top of that, a seriously intelligent kid. Anybody questioning his worth on our list has rocks in their head.

In some respects S Martin reminds me of Matty Bishop, a tall defender who was undervalued by some at Melbourne but who went on to play with Port Adelaide in a premiership.

Martin is no dummy and should make it as a good utility.

Neither Martin or Cheney are very convincing at the moment. Cheney appears that he could be a ordinary small backman at best. Martin does appear a bit slow, however it could just be his running style. He can take a mark, but the times i saw him forward he looked quite raw. I honestly don't think he will be on our list in a few years time.

bugger I did to, damn picking a team is hard. Im glad i only play country footy not coach lol

Kegs, not sure if this mentioned after you named your team for 3 years time, but you had Tapscott at CHF. You are sitting here saying that Martin is no good, but then you select a 180cm player at CHF. Sorry mate, can't take this thread serious whatsoever.

FWIW, I rate Martin, I think he has the potential to be a very good FF/CHF. Personally, I'd prefer him to fill that spot rather than Garland. If we play Martin in the backline, where does that leave Frawley, Warnock, Rivers and Garland? I feel he (Martin) is more valuable as a FF/CHF with the flexibility to play ruck if need be. More than happy to have Watts and Jurrah in the forwad line (FF/FP), then Martin at CHF. Have Wona in the other FP, Tapscott and Sylvia on the flanks, and all of a sudden we COULD have a potent forward line, with a heap of midfielders kicking goals.

I don't care how silly this comment sounds, but I am happy to see a big forward with Jurrah and Watts. That "big" forward doesn't have to kick a heap of goals, but just gives a different option when our 2 key forwards are being held. I have no doubt Watts will be a big forward when he grows, I have serious doubts that Jurrah, while he will be tall enough, will not have the big body to be classed a "big" forward.

As for thwe amount of games I attended that would be none, as I live in central WA the dees do not come up this way to often.

P.S i looked at an old game and I withdraw my statement that he is slow, his not slow he just has a funky style of running that is deceptive lol

there are some narky paople in here, this is simply my opinion about how good he isnothing more and as i have said I would be more then happy to be proven wrong about him. Sorry if some of you guys dont agree

QUOTE (Trengove @ Dec 11 2009, 02:04 PM)

I'm not sold on Stef - reminds me of a slightly more agile Alistair Nicholson. Just don't see him as a Premiership player.

For what it's worth kegs, I said something similar a few weeks ago in response to to a post on a different topic (see above). Like you, happy to be wrong on this. Also, I thought I was the only Cheney fan on Demonland. I think the kid's got the goods and has a future in the AFL. I wouldn't be happy to be wrong on this one.

As for judging a person on how many posts they have made in Demonland - give me a break. Some people have delusions of granduer! Or should that be dillusions ;)

A rookie draft player who has spent two seasons in a [censored] team. I can't understand why he's not already winning Brownlows.

HANDS OFF THE MAN NAMED LIKE A HAIRDRESSER

Regards,

The Stefan Martin Experience season ticket holder #1 (of 1)

P.S - It's amusing when people talk as if their selected 22 is the whole list. Ever heard of depth?

Edited by Supermercado

A rookie draft player who has spent two seasons in a [censored] team. I can't understand why he's not already winning Brownlows.

Regards,

P.S - It's amusing when people talk as if their selected 22 is the whole list. Ever heard of depth?

Demonland needs a 'like' button!

Regards,

I'm with you on posters having little perspective...or idea, with Martin, but...

Depth is a useless meter people bring up when they want to include the average, the diminishing, and those with unrealised potential into the positives that will lead to the success of their team.

I think the club is giving him the best opportunity to be in our best 22. He won't beat out Warnock, Rivers, or Frawley anytime soom so back-up ruck or forward tall is his best bet. And I like him in the ruck.

I'm with you on posters having little perspective...or idea, with Martin, but...

Depth is a useless meter people bring up when they want to include the average, the diminishing, and those with unrealised potential into the positives that will lead to the success of their team.

Realistically how long is "best 22" going to last even if the planets align and you get them to round one?

This is good there is nothing wrong with a bif of a debate. In my opinion all our depth is very young and very shallow. If we were to loose the likes of green bruce macdonaldx2 and a few other senior players it would spell disaster for us. Although it would be great for the young guys in gaining experience this would result in some nasty scoreboards, lets just hope we can introduce these kids at the righ times and give them the experience that they need while still getting some wins on the board. Depth is good but stability is better

I think the club is giving him the best opportunity to be in our best 22. He won't beat out Warnock, Rivers, or Frawley anytime soom so back-up ruck or forward tall is his best bet. And I like him in the ruck.

Sorry, I must watch the wrong team....when did we last have our best 22 on the field? Players like Martin will have no problems getting a game if fit and playing reasonable footy. As for whether you see him in a few years.... Not many would have had chip in that list either.