Interesting Article in Today's Hun....

Sir Why You Little

In the HOT TOPIC section: AFL Barracks for the Wrong Teams.

Talking About the Concessions to the GC17 & Western Sydney Teams

I quote "Just Relocate the Demons to Western Sydney & be done with it. They offer nothing to Victorian Football.

They have no home, no facilities, no money, no members. That's exactly what Team GWS has right now.

The Demons had their chance in'96 when they tried to take over Hawthorn & failed. They've failed at everything since" Matt.

Now i know this is the Hun & any Door [censored] can write in, but i was really [censored] off when i read this. It is wrong & obviously based on no facts, BUT it is a fairly common perception in the footy world out there.

I Hope the Club & all the players read that & just file it away. When we Rise, we are going to Shove it up a lot of people. This Club shall represent this Great city of ours one day.

Last Night Hearing Jimmy Stynes Speech on SEN was the start of it all

Just Relocate the Demons to Western Sydney & be done with it. They offer nothing to Victorian Football.

They have no home, no facilities, no money, no members. That's exactly what Team GWS has right now.

The Demons had their chance in'96 when they tried to take over Hawthorn & failed. They've failed at everything since

They have no home, no facilities: MCG, Casey Fields and Olympic Park precinct.

No money: $3 million dept wiped off in last two years, debt still existent but heavily reduced.

No members: 10,000 members already for next year after record membership numbers in 2009.

I hate the Herald Sun.

:lol:

I'll give you the same advice we give the preps. You know it's not true, so move on and get over it.

I know it aint true-That's why i included the word Perception. But at the same time we certainly do not have years on our side anymore.

We Have to start winning Games next year & beyond otherwise these 2 (could be 4) new teams will kill us off.

I just really hope we can get 40,000 members in 2010, who get to see some really exciting Football.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic
In the HOT TOPIC section: AFL Barracks for the Wrong Teams. etc

You can't educate idiots and the misguided opinions of said idiots are not something I will lose sleep over.

You can't educate idiots and the misguided opinions of said idiots are not something I will lose sleep over.

How True, & Hopefully those said idiots will be paying customers at the MCG in years to come watching their preferred team being Slaughtered by the Ruthless MFC...

If this is a common perception of the average intelligently-below-par AFL supporter,

just imagine how revered Bailey, Stynes and Schwab et al will be revered once we are in top4 contention again and have our off-field 100% in order.

(if our current success is anything to go by)

These 3 men in particular will be lionized.

Edited by Keyser Söze

Probably written by a Collingwood supporter with a peanut as a brain. They quickly forget how they were on their deathbed in the mid 80's and how sh*t they were in the late 90's. What a tool that bloke is anyway with no facts - IGNORE! If he is a Carlton, St Kilda or Hawthorn supporter, he also has a short memory. Richmond and Kangas.....please!

I get that crap, as we all do, from friends and well wishers.

But they all have this look in their eye that they don't quite believe their own nonsense.

By the end of this draft we will have on our list Picks 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 10, 11, 12, 14, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21, plus Jurrah, Wonaeamirri, Petterd, Garland, and Bennell, and they are all 24 or younger. I would wager at least 4/5ths of these players will be around for a long time and if a few turn into stars we will be an excellent footy side.

That is why they have that wavering look in their eye; their subconscious knows the truth - the Melbourne Football Club is very well situated to grab the AFL by the balls.

And remember, if you have got them by the balls - their hearts and minds will follow.

But they all have this look in their eye that they don't quite believe their own nonsense.

By the end of this draft we will have on our list Picks 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 10, 11, 12, 14, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21, plus Jurrah, Wonaeamirri, Petterd, Garland, and Bennell, and they are all 24 or younger. I would wager at least 4/5ths of these players will be around for a long time and if a few turn into stars we will be an excellent footy side.

That is why they have that wavering look in their eye; their subconscious knows the truth - the Melbourne Football Club is very well situated to grab the AFL by the balls.

And remember, if you have got them by the balls - their hearts and minds will follow.

3 votes.

The perception is one made my tools from the far outer suburbs with little or no education, and NO power in the football world whatsoever.

As luck would have it, the powers that be in the AFL understand the demons are going nowhere. And you'll find that anyone who knows ANYTHING about footy knows MFC is staying here.

Firstly, anyone who wishes for a relocation or merger of another team are the lowest of the low... worse than Collingwood supporters (unless they ARE collingwood supporters)... and Secondly, you'll find the people that want us to move are a VERY small minority.

If we should be [censored] at anyone, it should be the HUN for publishing this rot.

well said mate. i know what ur saying i have alot of essendon supporter mates and im the only Demon in the group and they say the same sh_t

that we are a nothing club and how good there club is and all that bullsh_t but they leave it at that always they never keep having more dips at me.

You talk to them indiviually and when there not in there pack together and you start talking about our players they agree and thats why i reckon they dont get into me that much.

WYL, I have no idea why you'd even bother posting up that misinformed snippet.

In fact, I'm not sure why you read the Herald Sun :P

I only put it on this Forum so those who didn't see it could have a read, as this is a discussion Forum.

Don't Blame me for it-Crap like that does exist out there, personally i would use it as a motivation to turn things around.

I only put it on this Forum so those who didn't see it could have a read, as this is a discussion Forum.

To what end? I could find some misinformed rubbish every day and post it up on here. I don't see that it would spark anything particular interesting 99% of the time (just like this post).

PS. I find the motivation comment bizarre.

To what end? I could find some misinformed rubbish every day and post it up on here. I don't see that it would spark anything particular interesting 99% of the time (just like this post).

PS. I find the motivation comment bizarre.

If i was a player & read that i would be wanting to prove it wrong. To you it wouldn't matter-Fair enough, we are all different..

If i was a player & read that i would be wanting to prove it wrong. To you it wouldn't matter-Fair enough, we are all different..

So it's for the players? Are they following your posts? If they're reliant on external motivation from ignorant people writing misinformed articles in some Herald Sun 'article' we may as well head to Western Sydney.

Unfortunately as unpalatable as this attitude may be it's pretty accurate when you compare us with Adelaide, West Coast or Collingwood.

We're on our last chance to get permanently out of debt, establish a sustainable, profitable business model and wiin a flag with the current group of players.

It's this 10 years that's make or break for MFC.

Unfortunately as unpalatable as this attitude may be it's pretty accurate when you compare us with Adelaide, West Coast or Collingwood.

We're on our last chance to get permanently out of debt, establish a sustainable, profitable business model and wiin a flag with the current group of players.

Right on the money.

We need to get it right this time around.

Right on the Money-As Much as i was [censored] off when i read it, there was an element of truth to it. We Have been a Basket Case, & with all that is going on other Victorian Clubs will not agree to prop up everyone for ever.

Th MFC & its Members & Supporters Have to get it right this time. There is no room for excuses, particulairly when Vlad is starting to talk of 20 teams.