Port wants Mark Jamar

RedsoxMan

From an article in the Australian today.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story...43-2722,00.html

"The Power has also sounded out the availability of Melbourne ruckman Mark Jamar. "

I cannot see us letting go of our best ruckman!!

In the same article

"After missing out on a late raid aimed at recruiting Melbourne star Aaron Davey, Fremantle has its sights on out-of-contract Essendon speedster Andrew Lovett.

The Dockers who, along with the Bombers, made a lucrative four-year offer for Davey worth more than $2m this week, were edged out when a lethargic Melbourne eventually returned fire and increased its initial term to four years. "

Note the word lethargic, as both Greg Denham, and Patrick Smith wrote an article about Davey Wednesday AM , which was proved to be wrong only a few hours later! They hate to be proven wrong !!!

CS confirmed on Twitter on Wednesday night that Essendon never made an offer to Davey.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

Hmmm. Just starting to come on but then again he can go missing and is injured a lot.

#11 and Jamar for Boak and ....?

Hmmm. Just starting to come on but then again he can go missing and is injured a lot.

#11 and Jamar for Boak and ....?

Boak will not be traded. Salopek a few years older might be. As I posted some time ago, I could see Jamar, Bell and maybe a late pick or another player or the pick received for that player to Port for 9 and Salopek. Alternatively Jamar and Bell for 8 or 9.

lol port wouldnt even take pick 11 and jamar for boak... is boak even wanting to go home or is his name constantly chucked up because he is a melbourne boy... fair to say he's basically their best player nearly and one who actaully still performs when they lose... have to move heaven and earth to get him... pick 2 would probably have to be involved.. and i don't want us doing that...

lol port wouldnt even take pick 11 and jamar for boak... is boak even wanting to go home or is his name constantly chucked up because he is a melbourne boy... fair to say he's basically their best player nearly and one who actaully still performs when they lose... have to move heaven and earth to get him... pick 2 would probably have to be involved.. and i don't want us doing that...

Hey, be nice! I was hoping that if I said it Chocko would get all tizzy and agree. :lol:

Patrick Smith is a bottom feeder, one of the worst journalists going around, and that's a fair comment because there's some stiff competition out there for that title. I don't believe a word he says, I reckon he loves the sound of his own voice and just makes grand statements to get noticed.

Having said that if the deal was right I'd look at it. My preferance is to keep Jamar but losing him wouldn't be a huge loss.

I would give them 2 & Jamar for Boak and pick 9. They get Trengrove and Jamar and Melbourne get Boak (who is proven) and pick 9 and neither club worries about them wanting to return home.

I would give them 2 & Jamar for Boak and pick 9. They get Trengrove and Jamar and Melbourne get Boak (who is proven) and pick 9 and neither club worries about them wanting to return home.

What about Jamar 2 and 11 for Boak 8 and 9? I'm not sure myself. Just throwing it out there.

We would have to have a good think about it if they offered up pick 9.

This time last year I reckon most people on these boards would have jumped at the chance to get a first rounder for Jamar.

12 months on he has played some good games. But he has also been out injured for most of the year too.

It wouldn't be a straight swap though. We would have to give something else up as well. And no, Bell is not going to cut it, just because he is from S.A.

I love Boak, but there is no chance we would get him so lets forget that.

Mark Jamar :huh: He averages 10 games a season. 1 half decent season (7 games) and people are rating him through the roof. How easy some minds can be swayed with a few persuasive posts. We need to really consider whatever they offer, if they do of course.

Ohh and Bell will not be going anywhere because no club will pick up our scraps for no reason.

Edited by Mr Morton

I love Boak, but there is no chance we would get him so lets forget that.

Mark Jamar :huh: He averages 10 games a season. 1 half decent season (7 games) and people are rating him through the roof. How easy some minds can be swayed with a few persuasive posts. We need to really consider whatever they offer, if they do of course.

Ohh and Bell will not be going anywhere because no club will pick up our scraps for no reason.

Jamar wouldn't demand much and that is the problem, his current trade value is lower than his potential as a valuable player (particularly to Melbourne). Sure I would happy to see him go if Port are prepared to pay over the price (9) but I feel that now is his time, and if he left we would be missing out on the best part of his career.

Jamar wouldn't demand much and that is the problem, his current trade value is lower than his potential as a valuable player (particularly to Melbourne). Sure I would happy to see him go if Port are prepared to pay over the price (9) but I feel that now is his time, and if he left we would be missing out on the best part of his career.

Agree to an extent. On the other hand Port are in need of a Ruck very badly I would say if they can't get Hamson then his value will go up. Also port have a few players who want to leave and the club wants to move them on, like Salopek. I would take Salopek for Jamar, would you? We might need to swap a late pick to sweeten the deal.

i think to give jamar to port we demand a player rather than a pick

not sure who but some one that is willing to come to victoria, read an article few weeks ago saying that salopek is a required player and is committed to the club, he was having a knee operation.

few players we could look at for a swap;

westhoff

ebert

pettigrew

maybe, boak or salopek :)