Brendan Fevola

Disco Demons

700,000 times NO !!!

Dont need a [censored] around the place with young people around.

Besides :

1: There is too big a gap between when his good and bad (on the field)

2: We do not need him !!!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently the Bulldogs are struggling to find room in their salary cap to meet Brian Lake's demands. If this is the case, there's no way they could they fit Fevola in??

I dont think the Dogs are paying the maximum salary cap though! I think more around the 94-97% mark. I aint sure though. Carlton would have to pay a part of Fev's contract to make it happen I would think. Similiar to what the Dee's did with Shane Woewodin to Collingwood. Or an outside influence might have to inject some money to get the deal done.

Golden opportunity for the Dogs though. The Swans are playing hard ball with Barry. And Fev is alot better than Baz.

Would'nt surprise me if Carlton keep Fev though. They will say we couldnt get a deal done so we had to keep.

IT's ALL A SMOKE SCREEN! Just to make it look like they tried.

If carlton are any shot of winning the flag in the next few years they need fevola its as simple as that, yes he is a

[censored] bloke on the booze but hes a bloke whos kicked 99 & 86 goals respectivly, he is going no where they'll pretend to trade him

not get a deal done and welcome him back with open arms!

Does anyone else think this whole Fevola thing could jeopardize our Mclean trade?

Interesting thought, but I don't really see that it will, unless the navy blue scum wish to use their #11 pick to trade for a key forward. I see this as very unlikely, as I would have thought they would be keen on trading Fev directly for a key forward (Bradshaw perhaps???) Wouldn't it put our former boy Brock in an awkward position though if they did backflip on the trade!

Mclean trade should be all over at 9.15 on the monday morning

Personally i think this whole trading Fevola thing will come to nothing and he will still be running around for them next year. Although no-one really knows what the other Carlton players think of him.

I'm sure a club with the integrity of Carlton wouldn't re-neg on a handshake agreement.

I agreed Fev trade talk is just a smoke screen.

The truth is that Carlton and Judd would love to get rid of Fev for fair value but no other club is interested. Carlton can't make the finals without a fair trade. In other words Fev is worth much more to Carlton then he is to any other club. Thus when the dust settles he will still be a blue. Carlton will be hoping this kick up the arse will work but the truth is Fev could not give a shiit about his club, or those who play for it. He only cares about himself. That’is why he is a poisonous, thorn and untradeable.

Personally I love this.

Carlton can't win a flag with him and can't win a flag without him.

Poor Judd, he is all class and deserves better. I don't care what anyone else has to say on this site. He is quality on every level, and deserves the best. If the Dee's were not riff raf in late 2007 he would be a Dee right now.

Ironically though we are much better off without him as we would have not received the early picks and PP in the last two seasons if he was on our list and thus we would not have a premiership list going forward. MFCs incompetence in getting Judd has created a premiership list.

Edited by Grand New Flag

I agreed Fev trade talk is just a smoke screen.

The truth is that Carlton and Judd would love to get rid of Fev for fair value but no other club is interested. Carlton can't make the finals without a fair trade. In other words Fev is worth much more to Carlton then he is to any other club. Thus when the dust settles he will still be a blue. Carlton will be hoping this kick up the arse will work but the truth is Fev could not give a shiit about his club, or those who play for it. He only cares about himself. That’is why he is a poisonous, thorn and untradeable.

Personally I love this.

Carlton can't win a flag with him and can't win a flag without him.

Poor Judd, he is all class and deserves better. I don't care what anyone else has to say on this site. He is quality on every level, and deserves the best. If the Dee's were not riff raf in late 2007 he would be a Dee right now.

Ironically though we are much better off without him as we would have not received the early picks and PP in the last two seasons if he was on our list and thus we would not have a premiership list going forward. MFCs incompetence in getting Judd has created a premiership list.

I wish to dispute Judd being all class. A good mate of mine is a Carlton supporter and his kids are mad Judd fans (no 5 of their jumpers etc) anyway this mate of mine was at a bar on a Sunday arvo and sees Juddy drinking with some mates. He politely asked Juddy if he could have his photo taken with him, as it would give his kids a real buzz to see their old man with the Juddster. Juddy refused saying that if he posed for a photo with this bloke, then everyone in the bar would be asking for a photo..... What a nob....... no class in that, arrogant [censored] in my opinion.

Been years since we had a big idiot for a FF. Remember Jacko. :lol:

Ha Jacko was all class Hey, But he could take a contested mark when he felt like it.

I would be suprised if Fev leaves Carlton. That Evil Side has Dug its own Latrine & Nobody wants to go near them/

If the Dogs lose Brian Lake they certainly will not make top 4 next year. Both Clubs are Stuffed :lol:

Edited by why you little

I reckon this is going to the wake up call he needs.

He is the type of footballer we desperately need up forward.

Why not recruit him?

Carlton backloaded his contract so they could get a lot of his salary on the veterans list in 2011, so they will have to pay a large chunk of his salary wherever he goes.

He would fill a massive spot left by Robbo (wink wink).

But seriously, we should have faith in our systems that we can turn his off-field behaviour around.

I know he is a major tool, but he is a great footballer and a great forward who i reckon has a good 4 - 5 years left in him, which means he would fit our window of circa 2013.

For the right price and draft picks, i would be prepared to take the risk.

At some point in time you have got to back yourself in and have a crack.

And i think this is what the MFC needs to do in this instance.

Martin Pike, Gardiner, Cousins, Hall, Lockett all had behavioural issues and were seen as potential risks before they moved clubs.

All proved to be good decisions.

The media will be on our side for giving him another chance, just as they did for Cousins at Richmond.

It's the Australian way.

Backing the underdog.

Giving someone a second chance.

As wooden spooners the media will lap it up.

The tables will turn for Fev.

Guaranteed.

Even if he does come to the MFC and stuffs up from time to time, who cares!

I want a premiership.

I don't want a team of do-gooding angels just making the eight or just making the prelim.

We don't live in a perfect world.

I'm not perfect. Nobody's bl00dy perfect in the AFL.

Fev may be considered high risk, but he is also high return.

And you know what, i don't even consider him to be high risk.

He's more like high maintenance.

And we should have resources to be able to deal with that.

For me there is no risk.

We definately have the room in the cap.

So we should definitely have a crack at getting him.

Try and broker a decent trade and pay him what he is worth.

Time the MFC grew some balls, rolled the dice and had a solid crack at trying to win a flag, coz this bloke is definitely a potential Norm Smith medalist in the waiting.

C'mon Schwabby, let's have a crack.

I reckon this is going to the wake up call he needs.

He is the type of footballer we desperately need up forward.

Why not recruit him?

Carlton backloaded his contract so they could get a lot of his salary on the veterans list in 2011, so they will have to pay a large chunk of his salary wherever he goes.

He would fill a massive spot left by Robbo (wink wink).

But seriously, we should have faith in our systems that we can turn his off-field behaviour around.

I know he is a major tool, but he is a great footballer and a great forward who i reckon has a good 4 - 5 years left in him, which means he would fit our window of circa 2013.

For the right price and draft picks, i would be prepared to take the risk.

At some point in time you have got to back yourself in and have a crack.

And i think this is what the MFC needs to do in this instance.

Martin Pike, Gardiner, Cousins, Hall, Lockett all had behavioural issues and were seen as potential risks before they moved clubs.

All proved to be good decisions.

The media will be on our side for giving him another chance, just as they did for Cousins at Richmond.

It's the Australian way.

Backing the underdog.

Giving someone a second chance.

As wooden spooners the media will lap it up.

The tables will turn for Fev.

Guaranteed.

Even if he does come to the MFC and stuffs up from time to time, who cares!

I want a premiership.

I don't want a team of do-gooding angels just making the eight or just making the prelim.

We don't live in a perfect world.

I'm not perfect. Nobody's bl00dy perfect in the AFL.

Fev may be considered high risk, but he is also high return.

And you know what, i don't even consider him to be high risk.

He's more like high maintenance.

And we should have resources to be able to deal with that.

For me there is no risk.

We definately have the room in the cap.

So we should definitely have a crack at getting him.

Try and broker a decent trade and pay him what he is worth.

Time the MFC grew some balls, rolled the dice and had a solid crack at trying to win a flag, coz this bloke is definitely a potential Norm Smith medalist in the waiting.

C'mon Schwabby, let's have a crack.

Regardless of your reasons, what players do you propose to Trade for this Dodgy Alcoholic??? Carlton will want a Forward.

now that's fuggin' funny! Barney Gumble!

wats difference between cousins and fev...he's had all his issues but is still killing it..

Spot on.

Havent read the thread yet.. wanted to jump in and say:

I WOULD take Fev - But with the a clause in his contract that states:

'Alcohol is now illegal to Brendan Fevola. It is to be treated (by the MFC) in the same way as performance-enhancing drugs would be for anyone else. He will complete a full AA Rehab course. (however long that is)

If Fev is caught drinking again while contracted to the MFC, if he eats a freakin chocolate liquer, he voids his contract with the MFC and has to repay any money paid for his services at the MFC.' (or words to that effect ;) )

Offer a year by year contract, and tell him if he does the above he will not only leave the game with respect, but will be a better person for it.

If MFC can take on and succeed with a project such as LJs, i believe it could be a good enviroment for Fev to properly mature and get his life back on track.

and he's a big boy and could really take the pressure off Watts and LJ - he does turn 29 before the start of next season - but he's one of the best and would have a lot of (dare i say) knowledge, footy knowledge, to offer.

No way, Fev is cancer to a playing group. This is the real reason why Carlton wants to dump him. He undermines the coach, captain and playing group. He sets an appalling example to young players. He has no care for his club or for that matter any of his team mates. He only has care for himself. He is a poisonous, thorn that would work directly against the fabric of the culture MFC is trying to build.

Luckily our FD knows this and will not consider him.

I agree with you haydo, Fev would be good at Melbourne and if we could stay injury free we would sky rocket up the ladder... 98 or 00 anyone....

Fev is a tool on the [censored] but doesn't drink during the season.... Damn for the month after the season (brownlow and B&F) get him a minder and then send him overseas if he wants to hit it...

Fev is a quality fwd who would have 4 good season left in him maybe more......

Melbourne get a superstar that we haven't had in ten years..... We also get our name in the papers like Richmond which would be great for the club....

Fev is a name and that means he will bring us the media attention that our club needs (he gets a lot of positive press), I have never heard he is a cancer during the season only after it....

The fact is he can play and we would get up the ladder a lot quicker (plus garry can look at TFS footage to judge how bad it was)

What would I trade.....

Mclean + Newton (a fwd) and pick 18 (although Carlton would have to pay some of the salary)

It depends where the FD sees the club moving fwd and will pick 11 and 18 be as good as having a AA FF for 4 years when we can develop and pick up other young KPP over the next four years....

Now all we need to do is get Lake into the PSD or Ball so we can add a few more AAs