Peter German/our relationship with Casey

jayceebee31

Read rumour on Demonology however, it is my understanding that Leon Cameron will coach Williamstown and become Development Manager at Bulldogs.

Hope I am right as I deem German a brilliant coach for our young list players whom will learn their craft early at Casey.. However, at the end of the season he seemed peeved that some our list players did not play. What do you think?

Edited by jayceebee31

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Casey and Melbourne's relationship was definately strained towards the end of the season.... IMHO it cost Casey a real shot at the flag.... but next year will be a different story and I am sure that PG can see what an exciting list he will have to work with next season.....

Casey and Melbourne's relationship was definately strained towards the end of the season.... IMHO it cost Casey a real shot at the flag.... but next year will be a different story and I am sure that PG can see what an exciting list he will have to work with next season.....

Hope so.

German won VFL coach of the year and makes a massive difference in our lists development.

On SEN he gave an interviws and It was easy to tell

he was [censored] he'd not been given access to MFC players

and that he had to put up an embarrassing effort in the elimination final.

Fair enuf too. Jake Spencer, Kyle Cheney, Jordie McKenzie and Paul Wheatley all should have played (got these names from scorp's web site!); they all played against the saints, and don't remember any injuries.

it is expected that Leon Cameron will take over from Brad Gotch-that is my opinion, therefore German would not be going to Williamstown as rumoured on Demonology.That is what Cameron is part of the topic.Got it?

Fair enuf too. Jake Spencer, Kyle Cheney, Jordie McKenzie and Paul Wheatley all should have played (got these names from scorp's web site!); they all played against the saints, and don't remember any injuries.

Wheatley was definately injured and so was McKenzie from memory.

Wheatley was definately injured and so was McKenzie from memory.

Wheatley seemed fine running around assisting the coaching staff at Eastern Ranges whilst Casey was still playing

Did you watch his last game? He was definately injured.

Fair point- however in rasing topic re German and hopefully retaining him, I just hope for him and us in developing the relationship with Casey, we should be developing a positive/ strong relationship with Casey.I went to the Grand Final-VFL last Friday night and in the North Ballarat side there were 8 quality North Mebourne players & for Bullants-10 listed players.

To me this is not only assisting German whom wants and strives for success, he wants to develop players with a winning culture. Next year, hoping this will happen.

it is expected that Leon Cameron will take over from Brad Gotch-that is my opinion, therefore German would not be going to Williamstown as rumoured on Demonology.That is what Cameron is part of the topic.Got it?

I think you should have established this in your first post in the thread - your post initially came across as quite odd until I guessed that German was rumoured for the Williamstown gig.

I doubt keeping up with the machinations of VFL coaching moves is the highest priority of too many posters.

I doubt keeping up with the machinations of VFL coaching moves is the highest priority of too many posters.

Except:

1/ where the actions of MFC might impact on the VFL coach of the aligned team, such as not supplying sufficient players for finals (which may well not worry Demonland posters)

2/ where the results of 1/ might result in a consequential impact on the future development of MFC players (which should worry the heck out of Demonland posters).

Join the dots!!

Except:

1/ where the actions of MFC might impact on the VFL coach of the aligned team, such as not supplying sufficient players for finals (which may well not worry Demonland posters)

2/ where the results of 1/ might result in a consequential impact on the future development of MFC players (which should worry the heck out of Demonland posters).

Join the dots!!

None of this makes it likely that the majority of Demonland posters are going to have their ear to the ground regarding Williamstown coaching rumours.

For this thread to be coherent it required Demonland posters to be aware of a rumour involving the Williamstown role.

Join the dots! :)

Except:

Join the dots!!

hey caseyscorp, i was wondering if you ever got that list of players who the mfc kept out of the casey side who werent injured? i am still interested to see how many and who we actually held back.

I think you should have established this in your first post in the thread - your post initially came across as quite odd until I guessed that German was rumoured for the Williamstown gig.

your lazy- all you had to do Demonology to read in full.Sorry next time I will put all info in for members like you

Except:

Join the dots!!

Agree totally- that is why I raised the topic as well as German is a great coach & in particular development.

your lazy- all you had to do Demonology to read in full.Sorry next time I will put all info in for members like you

firstly..not everyone reads ology !! so... all things considered dont get too upset if not all get what youre implyiing.. .. when casting 'lazy' apsersions around...think twice ;) ( just a hint ) maybe a link..just an idea.

I will preface this with no disrepsect to German or the Scorps.. but .. Melbourne is Melbourne and whilst we have and surely wish to develope further any links and future with Casey ...our playing ability and management of OUR team comes first for this club. Its up to Casey to make the best fist of what it has and also develope its own players.....surely.

Maybe this will show some Scorps that opportunities can always present and to grab them with both hands.

Please Peter....no sooki-la-la's

firstly..not everyone reads ology !! so... all things considered dont get too upset if not all get what youre implyiing.. .. when casting 'lazy' apsersions around...think twice ;) ( just a hint ) maybe a link..just an idea.

I will preface this with no disrepsect to German or the Scorps.. but .. Melbourne is Melbourne and whilst we have and surely wish to develope further any links and future with Casey ...our playing ability and management of OUR team comes first for this club. Its up to Casey to make the best fist of what it has and also develope its own players.....surely.

Maybe this will show some Scorps that opportunities can always present and to grab them with both hands.

Please Peter....no sooki-la-la's

thank you for your sound criticsm.However, I feel German was not sooki- la -laing. He was being professional.Just telling it ,as it is.In any partnership re MFC & Casey, need to be fair dinkum with each other. Also, playing finals are great experience for any player.Actually, I am not a Newton fan, but by gee I congratulate him for stepping up and playing.

It is a partnership... but its not the same as being the same entity say such as is the case in Collingwood or Geelong .

In the past I suspect Melb has spent far too many resources securing Zebra premierships at some cost to its own progress, now things are different. The MFC will of course help and abet its partner the Scorps but only as far as its own resources and priorities allow. We have learnt..we are a bit more savvy. This isnt to say that its all MFC and the Casey bunch can go to hell but its up to Casey to mount its best team with what it has to hand. Ins t it ?

I would prefer that the likes of those empowered into positions of coaches etc concentrate far more on developing their stock than pondering what might have been if only this or that.

Yes it can be hard if undermanned..and somewhat cruelly in timing.. but thats when the better get inventive..others just moan

One of the 'Ologists seemed to think this was a done deal.

If so, it would surprise me greatly. It's widely thought out this way (western suburbs) that the Dogs are very very keen to do whatever it takes to hold on to Leon Cameron, as they want him to be their senior coach after Eade pulls up stumps, and they'll do anything to keep him happy. I would have thought bringing German into the picture puts a bit of heat on Cameron, who might be less half-hearted in his pursuit of other AFL senior coaching positions.

My point is that German to Willi carries some potentially very serious knock-on effects for the Bulldogs, so I'd be very surprised to see it happen.

If not German then someone else will look after the Scorps. German is good...but not alone. Am sure his boots could be more than adequately filled should he choose to move on.

To be frank am more concerned with the to-ings and fro-ings at Melbourne. There are a number of sufficently adequate and hungry coaches around who would salivate at the opportunity especially given teh stage of Melbournes push.

edit:

for the record am more than happy should he stay he has done some very good work with Casey and what he had at his disposal from MFC. I should think he too can see whats up ahead and wish to be part of it, indeed have a decent hand in some development/refinemnet of some very good raw talent. But if he goes..he goes.!! s.i.l.

Edited by belzebub59

One of the 'Ologists seemed to think this was a done deal.

If so, it would surprise me greatly. It's widely thought out this way (western suburbs) that the Dogs are very very keen to do whatever it takes to hold on to Leon Cameron, as they want him to be their senior coach after Eade pulls up stumps, and they'll do anything to keep him happy. I would have thought bringing German into the picture puts a bit of heat on Cameron, who might be less half-hearted in his pursuit of other AFL senior coaching positions.

My point is that German to Willi carries some potentially very serious knock-on effects for the Bulldogs, so I'd be very surprised to see it happen.

The Ologist poster is a great mate of Peter German.

The Ologist poster is a great mate of Peter German.

I'm really disappointed if true. German has really guided that young side with numerous injuries over the season into the finals and if things had of gone the Scorps way a few times a top 4 finish would not have been out of the question.

I really hope the relationship between the Scorps and the Dees is sorted out ASAP. It is a two way street for the MFC and the Scorps in this relationship if it is to be sucessful.

Edited by Cards13