Time for MFC to take the Initiative

TonyMelb

Now that Brock has sucummmbed to the mighty $$$$$ and another special Carltank deal this clears the way for the MFC and DB to set the young team up for the next few years and a real crack at success.

The MFC must take the initiative IMMEDIATELY and by the Best and Fairest at the latest the leadership group needs to be established on a solid base for the next few years and announced straight away. The past preactice of delaying announcement of the captain until the family day (in Neita's last 2 or 3 years) was unprodcuctive and meaningless. Must have also been distracting to players including Brock.

The Club must use Brock's departure as an opportunity to set the tone for 2010 NOW!

They should immediately:

1. confirm Junior as Captain for 2010 on basis it is for next year only;

2. appoint Aaron Davey as VC or Aaaron and Beamer as joint VCs and annoint either Aaron as intended next captain or state will be between those 2 or possibly both;

3. promote Jack Grimes to the leadership group

4. Put leadership mentoring in place for Watts and Scully and Jack Grimes to prepare them for future roles.

Would also be happy if Col Sylia may step up with Brock gone or Nat Jones being included.

So you know for a fact that McLean has left for $$$$$ do you?

Please tell me the details of his contract you seem to have intimate knowledge of.

I agree with your points 2, 3, 4. Especially 3.

I'd make a bigger jump tho and make Green captain or even Beamer. I do not think Junior will play a big role next year.

So you know for a fact that McLean has left for $$$$$ do you?

Please tell me the details of his contract you seem to have intimate knowledge of.

I agree with your points 2, 3, 4. Especially 3.

I'd make a bigger jump tho and make Green captain or even Beamer. I do not think Junior will play a big role next year.

Agreed mate!!!

I don't think Brock succumbed to money. Afterall, this is the guy who donated so much of his own cash to the club. I think he wanted to be Captain and was told he might struggle to make the leadership group next year. Good luck to him trying to make a name for himself in a team with a superstar midfielder. I suppose he'll be taking the spot of Nick Stevens? Hopefully he ends up like him.

He is no longer a Melbourne man. A complete traitor in my eyes. You have to feel pain before you can feel success. I hope him and Judd both bleed like the dogs they are next year.

Edited by calabreseboy

Geez people, Brock donated money to the club we all appreciate the gesture, but let's keep it in perspective. He was paid well for his services, he was offered less money by the club, he has gone somewhere else, the insinuation being that he felf slighted after he gave his own money to the club that he was asked to take a cut. It doesn't mean that the club was wrong in what it offered Brock. He's done the right thing by himself in going to Carlton, and anyone who doesn't believe he'll be getting paid a lot more than what he would at Melbourne is just living in la la land. At the end of the day it's not always about money, but it's pretty damn persuasive.

Alot of feeling on the boards about Brock.

I dont hate him... i just dont liek him anymore, he is now a player in an opposition side, another enemy.

His heart does not bleed red and blue, because you dont leave like that..

Pick 11 will do just nicely.

Brock is 23, plays like he is 33 and drinks like he is 53!

I'm sorry, but if his motive to donate money was to hopefully get a better pay packet, then screw him. As if you have that mentality. Obviously we can't keep everyone, but if he wanted to be captain of this club, he wouldn't be so influenced by the almighty dollar and he'd have been OK with taking a pay cut in the best interests of the club. Salary cap has nothing to do with the club debt.

I'm sorry, but if his motive to donate money was to hopefully get a better pay packet, then screw him. As if you have that mentality. Obviously we can't keep everyone, but if he wanted to be captain of this club, he wouldn't be so influenced by the almighty dollar and he'd have been OK with taking a pay cut in the best interests of the club. Salary cap has nothing to do with the club debt.

I have seen no evidence that this has anything to do with $$$, so I don't think people should be saying it, because it slanders Brock.

I am rapt we are getting pick 11 for Brock.

This year he looked like an old man playing the game. His best days are behind him (i hope).

We can recruit another Gun youngster with that pick.

Brock played one "blinder" game & that was 3 seasons ago.

If his heart is not Red & Blue-There's the Door....And Remember Brock. I HATE Carlton more than ANY other Club.

NEXT.....

I am rapt we are getting pick 11 for Brock.

This year he looked like an old man playing the game. His best days are behind him (i hope).

We can recruit another Gun youngster with that pick.

Brock played one "blinder" game & that was 3 seasons ago.

If his heart is not Red & Blue-There's the Door....And Remember Brock. I HATE Carlton more than ANY other Club.

NEXT.....

Quite correct as someone else said on this site 'looks like he's running through cement", reckon our other strongly built mids, Moloney and Sylvia have gone past him.

Quite correct as someone else said on this site 'looks like he's running through cement", reckon our other strongly built mids, Moloney and Sylvia have gone past him.

We have been big fans of Brock and have always have chat with him. He has made his decision and is effectively already gone. So no point debating it any more and our good wishes go with him.

He was not the point of post. What is important is for MFC to move forward quickly.

What MFC needs to do is get set up for 2010 any beyond ASAP!!!

From what was said just now on SEN absolute priority now is to sign Flash up for three years and kill off rumour that he wants to leave also! The Ox killed off the rumour as just that but MFC and Flash's manager need to get the deal completed and signed now.

Also the Club recently emailed members askins us to renew by the end of October. Best way to get us to do that is to settle all the outstanding matters like Aaron's contract right away. If the MFC was to lose another 1 or 2 of our better players it would hardly encourage members to sign up early!