delisting of the MFC

Wolfmother

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To me trading is essentially about one notion. Exchanging what you dont need for something that you do. Now , if all things were equal then the value of the players ( players plus picks etc ) would always equate but sometimes the need to be filled is greater than what you dont need ( in value of player etc ) and so ther will be times that FD's will make what seem to be inequitable and bizarre exchanges . To the FD its not as its not-needed out... needed in!! job done.

Its in this vein that there will be heartache for some supporters in years to come as their fav unfortunately makes it to the not-needed list. Its about the team ;)

There are a number of delist threads running around, but...

1, 2, 18, 34, PSD1, and Spencer would be my 6.

Robertson, Whelan, and Wheatley are gone.

Johnson, Buckley, and McNamara would be my bets at this stage.

Cameron Bruce to veterans list which could give us an extra spot on the list.

Cameron Bruce to veterans list which could give us an extra spot on the list.

But doesn't he just take the spot that Robbo took? In which case we still have the same number of spots..?

I was under the impression that Buckley was contratced for next year, but if not then Buckley and trade Newton and Bell for low picks we wont have to use. If McNamara does want our as rumor has it then Buckley would be spared for one more year.

what I am saying is not all players are trade-able and we just have to accept that.

The annual "all players are trade-able" IMHO is disrespectful and damaging to our list.

Its as bad as the "head in the sand" comment that player X is untouchable. The reality in the right circumstances is otherwise.

I agree with you about trading those pushing for a player for nothing. If a player is surplus to the needs of a bottom club, he is going to be more so to another club further up the ladder. I doubt we will do one of those trades.

IMHO - trading must be a win-win or it wont happen.

Just a thought ... ;)

A good thought that is lost on most of trades pushed on this forum.

Drastic step by the AFL, delisting the MFC.

We had a good run, but the game was getting too quick for us.

I wonder who they will pick up - a young Narre Warren, a tried a true pro from the state league like Sandringham, or they might look to Ireland as many do and pick up a Cork to play.

Interesting times...

With the departure of Robbo , Wheatley and Whelan

I expect Miller to be delisted

Along with Bartram , Buckley and McNamara

I think Zomer has shown nothing to show he will make it and expect him to also go

I really doubt we have anyone worth trading through lack of market value

Absolute joke that PJ, Buckley and even Bartram could be up for delisting... they are all required players... PJ is still one of best 2 ruckman and Buckley is one of our only players with genuine speed that can break a line. Bartram was a low draft pick who is depth and played some good footy in the final two games....

Why duds like Newton is still contracted and Meesen (Despite being ok for 2 games) and have us in this mess is a sign of poor management...

What should happen is something like this;

Robbo (Ret)

Wheats (Ret)

Whelan (Ret)

Bell (trade-delist)

Newton (Delist - trade)

Meesen (Delist)

MacNamara (trade) If he really wants to go home otherwise keep.

I wouldn’t be upgrading Spencer at this stage, despite his work ethic the bloke is average and is a terrible kick. (him in the backline with the ball under pressure will concede goals and cost us games)

J Mac should have retired. Despite his good service he was only an average player at best that had 2 good years of tackling. He doesn’t inspire our players and turns the ball over. Your captain doesn’t need to be the best player in your team but has to be reliable and have basic skills. He simply doesn’t!

The same thing crossed my mind when seeing the title too, but I deemed it too lame to bother posting :lol:

I, on the other hand, know no bounds!

I really wish people would stop saying we should delist contracted players.

just chucking this one out as a possibility, dunno if the swannies would take it, but the swannies seem to have a habit of taking the trade option, like with richards, shaw etc.

Pick 34 , Bell and Bartram for Pick 22 and their 4th rounder

Yeah, only problem is they usually take the trade option for half-decent players.

Not worthless discards.

Guest hangon007
Yeah, only problem is they usually take the trade option for half-decent players.

Not worthless discards.

Thats the spirit ... get stuck into them.

I on the other hand could see some interest from say the Swans on a Bell/Bartram style player.

Now as a few people have already pointed out ... consensus says this draft "could be shallow" ... so if your objectives where to have a balanced list this type of player may attract some interest.

Now balance is a concept few supporters understand ... instead they want picks ... its much more fun on draft day to look at the "shiny new player."

Edited by hangon007

Thats the spirit ... get stuck into them.

I on the other hand could see some interest from say the Swans on a Bell/Bartram style player.

Now as a few people have already pointed out ... consensus says this draft "could be shallow" ... so if your objectives where to have a balanced list this type of player may attract some interest.

Now balance is a concept few supporters understand ... instead they want picks ... its much more fun on draft day to look at the "shiny new player."

I'm just not sugar coating it.

You are delusional if you think the swans have even a vague interest in either of those 2.

Consensus says this draft WILL be shallow. So do the facts.

You're right - balance is a concept few understand. Obviously least of all you.

What were these players? Jordan McMahon, Henry Playfair, Rhyce Shaw, Adam Thompson, Sam Power, Shane Birss, Tim Callan.

With Henry Playfair you have a point, but I was thinking more Rhyce Shaw, Mattner, Bolton, Jolly, Hall, Everitt, Richards... the Swans have a fairly decent trade record I'd have thought.

What were these players? Jordan McMahon, Henry Playfair, Rhyce Shaw, Adam Thompson, Sam Power, Shane Birss, Tim Callan.

Richmond, for pick 44 when they had gained 26, Shaw along with 61 for 46, pick 42, pick 48, pick 59 and Callan with pick 66 for pick 62.

Only McMahon went below pick 42, and that's because only Richmond would have picked hiim up.

With that history, it'd be nigh-on impossible to see Bell, Bartram or Newton getting a second round pick!

Do you think there will be competition for him?

Clint is not the worst player going around and there have been a few whispers that a couple of clubs might be interested in him. One of these is supposed to be the Saints and you will recall that he played pretty well in the last game against them.

In answer to your question yes, there may be competition for him. While saying that he will not bring a big price.