Deledio

mikeod

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't touch him unless it was through PSD. Don't really want to see us trading unless it's to improve our position in the draft and to get rid of some dead wood.

:lol: No way. Surely.

Fair dinkum, whenever a player is brought up, so too is Carlton. They can't possibly fit Deledio in. He'll stay at Richmond.

I had to laugh last year when Gregg Swann said on the radio that they had enough money to fit in 4 Ryan O'Keefe's in at Carlton (ROK wanted $550,000)

Given that Fevola goes on the Veterans List next season - perhaps they can dedicate half of his salaray to Deledio.

But getting a trade completed for him would be nigh on impossible.

Do your homework before posting, has been one of the hardest players at the footy in the past 2 months

A whole 2 months? Wow... still a couple of flaky ones in the middle there though. Genuine hard players don't take every 3rd week off & take the first 3 months of the season to find their ferocity.

I agree he has been in [censored] hot form of late but still not a player I'd consider hard... yet.

A whole 2 months? Wow... still a couple of flaky ones in the middle there though. Genuine hard players don't take every 3rd week off & take the first 3 months of the season to find their ferocity.

I agree he has been in [censored] hot form of late but still not a player I'd consider hard... yet.

What do you mean they don't take 3rd week off? Give me some examples of these 'hard players' who seem to produce every week?

He is still youngish and is going to have up's and downs. Next year is when he needs to put a whole season together and really become a top player.

What do you mean they don't take 3rd week off? Give me some examples of these 'hard players' who seem to produce every week?

He is still youngish and is going to have up's and downs. Next year is when he needs to put a whole season together and really become a top player.

Joel Selwood, Chris Judd, Luke Hodge, Jonathon Brown, Lenny Hayes, Brent Moloney... there players that go hard every week and for the most part, have always done.

Ups and downs in form should not necessarily effect ones ferocity & tenacity at the contest. To me Lids sometimes looks like he lacks a little hunger. This is not an uncommon view so I don't what all the fuss is about. I am saying this in the context of trading pick 1 or 2 for him, I still think he is an awesome player and may go onto to become a superstar, I'd want someone who has already proven they have the hunger to get there for those picks though, ie a Joel Selwood.

Lids talent is obvious but for me his ability to realise its full potential is not, as yet.

I had to laugh last year when Gregg Swann said on the radio that they had enough money to fit in 4 Ryan O'Keefe's in at Carlton (ROK wanted $550,000)

Given that Fevola goes on the Veterans List next season - perhaps they can dedicate half of his salaray to Deledio.

But getting a trade completed for him would be nigh on impossible.

A little birdy told me - the same birdie that told me Warnock was a done deal to go to Carlton the weekend prior to trade week last year - that Carlton still have room to move in the cap.

Which tells me someone like Boak could be accomodated comfortably at VISY. :(

Also heard there is plenty being spent on what is needed in their new development at VISY park. The son of VISY is very supportive.

"What else do you need, let me know - let's get it ......."

Hyperbaric Chamber, etc, etc....

Edited by High Tower

Guest Rojik of the Arctic
When are the AFL going to wake up to the blatant cheating? Or are they turning a blind eye, because a strong Carlton means bigger crowds?

We lost that moral high ground a couple of weeks back.

A little birdy told me - the same birdie that told me Warnock was a done deal to go to Carlton the weekend prior to trade week last year - that Carlton still have room to move in the cap.

Also heard there is plenty being spent on what is needed in their new development at VISY park. The son of VISY is very supportive.

Nice in theory (for Carlton) but I just can't imagine Port dealing with them, especially after the whole Nick Stevens thing, unless the blues agree to give up somehting substantial in return.

Boak is a valuable commodity.

Lets hope Port (or more importantly Carlton) try to play hardball again and send him to the PSD, with us waiting to pounce.

In all honesty - Carlton would have sufficient room to move in the cap, given the avg. age of their list.

Brendon Fevola moves onto the Veterans List next year, and as such so does half of his $750,000 ($375,000).

In addition to this - Warnock is not being paid anywhere near the reported $425,000 per season which was floated around as fact last season.

I think they could financially accomodate Deledio, given they pushed hard for a much more expensive O'Keefe last year.

The problem is that they will struggle to satisfy the Tigers in terms of draft picks.

But I have no doubt that Carlton would be in Brett's ear (as he was a die hard Carlton fan growing up - given his father played for them).

Will be interesting to watch.

Hang on, we're not paying our players through an exterior company (ie VISY). Everything we've done is within the rules. They're paying players outside of their salary cap. What's our exterior company? Reach Foundation?

You are betraying your preciousness here.

I assume you are referring to PJ playing on that superstar Nathan Brown for 15 minutes, and Frawley playing forward for a quarter and a half, in a game we lost by a goal after (if it was after) the siren?

Jeez, that moral high-ground is extremely slippery...

We are crap, and we 'deserve' our picks.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic
You are betraying your preciousness here.

I assume you are referring to PJ playing on that superstar Nathan Brown for 15 minutes, and Frawley playing forward for a quarter and a half, in a game we lost by a goal after (if it was after) the siren?

Jeez, that moral high-ground is extremely slippery...

We are crap, and we 'deserve' our picks.

Oh c'mon! You can't have it both ways. We (and the rest of the football world) happily put the boot into Carlscum for throwing games in 2007 but you don't see a hypocricy in enjoying the losses we had in the later part of the season? I decided after the Richmond game to just suck it up and support the club, right or wrong, but for people to say there are shades of grey when it comes to screwing the system is just a joke. We tanked and we did it with the same lack of shame that Carlton did so in my book it is the same thing.

What you have to see is that there are no moral judgements we can use on other teams. Carlton cheated (or used the rules wisely) to get the picks they needed and Melbourne cheated (or used the rules wisely) to get the picks they needed. I don't see a lot of difference.

However we have picks #1 and #2 because of the lesson the scum taught us, and that is that the game of AFL is not for [censored]. The strong will thrive and the weak will get eaten. We made a choice to be the predator and not the pray but it doesn't mean I have to enjoy the methods.

I guess what I am trying to say, but not too successfully, is that I hate the system that put us in this situation but I also hate the fact that I will never again be able to look a Carlscum supporter in the eye and tell them that their side is a bunch of cheating, tanking #$%@ who should never be allowed to play in the AFL again.

But the season is over and the deal is done so we can only deal with the cards we now have and I look forward to future games - as I am sure you do - where we all want to see they same thing - Dees crushing the rest.

Anyway, I think the best thing I can sign off with is: Bring on the future and Juuurrrrraaaaah!

Go Dees. Onward and Upward.

Guest hangon007

IMHO its not in our interests to get involved in the Deledio negotiations ... unless the deal for us was tooooo good to refuse.

Lets not waste our valuable time in trade week.

Lets leave Carlton to stick it up the Tigers ... :lol: :lol:

IMHO only one team is going to lose out ... Richmond

A/ They either pay way too much for him in salary

or

B/ They get stiffed in trade negotations

What you have to see is that there are no moral judgements we can use on other teams. Carlton cheated (or used the rules wisely) to get the picks they needed and Melbourne cheated (or used the rules wisely) to get the picks they needed. I don't see a lot of difference.

Its like comparing a tram fare evader with Josef Fritzl. :rolleyes:

I guess what I am trying to say, but not too successfully, is that I hate the system that put us in this situation but I also hate the fact that I will never again be able to look a Carlscum supporter in the eye and tell them that their side is a bunch of cheating, tanking #$%@ who should never be allowed to play in the AFL again.

Relax, Rojik. They still are a bunch of cheating, tanking #$%@. We may have leveled the score on the tanking (debatable), but I don't see us stuffing money in to cardboard boxes to play marquee players so we can avoid the salary cap.

Don't let this situation taint your view of Carlton for what they really are. I'm still comfortable with my position on what we did and what Carlton do.

Come off it ...

We're convicted, self-confessed salary cap cheats and Carlton did nothing more in 2007 that we did in 2009. If Deledio wants to become special ambassador to the Reach Foundation we posters will be falling all over ourselves to see it happen. Let's just concentrate on wining that flag and forget the hypocrisy.

Maybe you shouldn't say this.

Just a thought.

Maybe you should look at the fact that we are so crap right now because our picks in 99 and 00 were taken away from us because we were found guilty of cheating.

When I talk to Carlton supporters I mention the fact that they are very lucky to have a bloke prop them up, and I wonder when the drip will be pulled?

And they mumble some jibberish and we all move on in life.

Playing Frawley forward, and playing Jurrah on a wing isn't a hanging offence, I am very happy with where my head is on this and I don't care what Jon Ralph or anyone thinks of us.