Phantom Draft

cooko

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scully is the only lock.

The other choice will be out of Butcher, Trengove or Morabito

Exactly. I can't separate Trengove and Morabito. The latter is severely undervalued on here.

Phantom Draft Mk III

1. Melb - Tom Scully (PP)

2. Melb - Anthony Morabito

3. Rich - John Butcher

4. Freo - Jack Trengove

5. North - Gary Rohan

6. Sydney - Ben Cunnington

7. WC - Kane Lucas

8. Port - Daniel Talia

9. Haw - Nathan Vardy

Morabito's performance at Draft Camp will be the determining factor making it impossible for Prendergast to ignore him.

Its been said hundreds of times, but he is Adam Goodes mkII and will spend the next few years rotating through CHF and the wing along with Morton & Watts

Phantom Draft Mk III

Morabito's performance at Draft Camp will be the determining factor making it impossible for Prendergast to ignore him.

Its been said hundreds of times, but he is Adam Goodes mkII and will spend the next few years rotating through CHF and the wing along with Morton & Watts

Do we have a Phantom Draft Mk IV? ;)

I agree on Morabito being undervalued on here. But I think some of this might stem from the leadership values Trengove is said to offer - ie. Melbournefc's perceived lack of leaders. This is why I have chosen Trengove - on that and what I have seen live, I was equally impressed with Morabito.

After the Vic Country & WA game (during the Vic Metro v SA game); he walked past (Morabito that is) and he did remind me of a Goodes (in stature).

Obviously Draft Camp will help with the selection process. Such as the new kicking module part of AFL Draft Camp.

Do we have a Phantom Draft Mk IV? ;)

I agree on Morabito being undervalued on here. But I think some of this might stem from the leadership values Trengove is said to offer - ie. Melbournefc's perceived lack of leaders. This is why I have chosen Trengove - on that and what I have seen live, I was equally impressed with Morabito.

After the Vic Country & WA game (during the Vic Metro v SA game); he walked past (Morabito that is) and he did remind me of a Goodes (in stature).

Obviously Draft Camp will help with the selection process. Such as the new kicking module part of AFL Draft Camp.

I'll say he does.

He'll be great right from day dot with his man-child build and freakish speed.

I shouldn't say this in case people cotton on (cos I want a big win next year like I had with Rich this year) but he is a monty to win the Rising Star.

1. T. Scully (Melb)

2. J. Trengove (Melb)

3. G. Rohan (Rich)

4. A. Morabito (Fre)

5. J. Butcher (N.M)

6. D. Talia (Syd)

7. K. Lucas (W.C)

8. L. Tapscott (P.A)

9. D. Moore (Haw)

10. B. Cunnington (Ess)

11. D. Martin (Carl)

12. K. Stevens (Bris)

13. J. Craig (Adel)

14. J. Gysberts (Coll)

15. A. Christensen ( W.B )

16. J. Carlisle (Gee)

17. N. Vardy (St.K)

18. M. Panos (Melb)

19. J. Crichton (Rich)

20. L. Jetta (Fre)

Edited by Tall Defence

1. Melb - Tom Scully (PP)

2. Melb - John Butcher

3. Rich - Gary Rohan

4. Freo - Jack Trengove

5. North - Anthony Morabito

6. Sydney - Ben Cunnington

7. WC - Kane Lucas

8. Port - Daniel Talia

We won't spend 2 picks on mids,not with Butcher being our last chance for a quality Key Forward for 5+ years.We take Butcher and our forward line is complete for 10 years with Watts and Jurrah and all our small forwards.

We can draft mids for the next 5 years,we won't get a Butcher in the next 5 years.We can develop Scully,Grimes,Blease and Strauss.

Shifter Sheahan says there's not much between Butcher,Trengove and Morabito,so we take the Key Position over the mid everytime.We did it last year with Watts over Rich.

Edited by Jack7

Shifter Sheahan says there's not much between Butcher,Trengove and Morabito,so we take the Key Position over the mid everytime.We did it last year with Watts over Rich.

Is there a reason why Morabito couldn't be a stupidly fast KPP?

1 SCULLY

2 TRENGROVE

3 MORABITO

4 BUTCHER

5 CUNNINGTON

6 ROHAN

7 LUCAS

8 MARTIN

9 TALIA

10 TAPSCOTT

11 SHEPPARD

12 BLACK

13 JETTA

14 MOORE

15 GYSBERTS

16 STEVENS

17 CHRISTENSEN

18 PANOS

19 VARDY

20 CRAIG

I'm gonna change it again.

1 SCULLY

2 TRENGROVE

3 MORABITO

4 BUTCHER

5 CUNNINGTON

6 ROHAN

7 LUCAS

8 SHEPPERD

9 BLACK

10 JETTA

11 CRAIG

12 MARTIN

13 TALIA

14 TAPSCOTT

15 MOORE

16 GYSBERTS

17 STEVENS

18 VARDY

19 PANOS

20 CHRISTENSEN

I'm gonna change it again.

1 SCULLY

2 TRENGROVE

3 MORABITO

4 BUTCHER

5 CUNNINGTON

6 ROHAN

7 LUCAS

8 SHEPPERD

9 BLACK

10 JETTA

11 CRAIG

12 MARTIN

13 TALIA

14 TAPSCOTT

15 MOORE

16 GYSBERTS

17 STEVENS

18 VARDY

19 PANOS

20 CHRISTENSEN

If Panos is available at 18 I would take him. I believe he could be the missing link our forward line needs.

Obviously its no certainly Panos will turn into the player he promises to be... but if he did then, we'd have a really awesome mix of different types of forwards.

Tall Forwards:

- Panos: traditional leap up forward who can play out of the goal square, but is agile enough to venture out to CHF. A traditional lead-out of the forward line type who has a good goal sense, a strong mark and a straight kick for goal.

- Watts: the super talented, tall and agile forward. I invisage playing a more CHF type role but switching deep forward. can also kick straight and has good goal sense

- Bate: the work horse CHF. Hard worker on the lead. Plays his best around 60-70m out from goal, but also has a good nack for kicking 2 or 3 goals

- Jurrah: the X-factor! we love him!

The good thing about that is that they are all different types of forwards and none of them are hopeless once the ball hits the ground so it is not top heavy either. Add Wonaeamirri, Pettard, Jetta, Maric, Sylvia and Green through the forward line and it actually starts to look dangerous

Exactly. I can't separate Trengove and Morabito. The latter is severely undervalued on here.

Unbelievably so!

Still, havent been able to get any info lately, mabbe thats the reason.. - mabbe he's injured?? :o

-If i can find anything, ill put it up on the 'Mora thread'-

Pick 2 is going to be one hell of a decision. i have trengove, martin and morabito in mind, and atm morabito is who i would currently take. The thing i like about morabito over the other 2 is his versatility, he can play forward and in the midfield and as well has the X factor. The only thing that worries me about him is his kicking, i reckon he kicks too many up and unders.

Can't wait to find out the results from draft camp, i reckon it will ultimately determine who we pick up.

Harrington didn't seem to think so going by what he said on TAC cup future stars on Sunday.

What makes you say that? I saw it and didn't get this from it.

I mean, if you had to describe what type of player Adam Goodes is, you wouldn't say a KPP, but he dominated at CHF in the latter part of the season.

Likewise Pavlich is a gun in the forward line despite being suited to a midfield role.

What makes you say that? I saw it and didn't get this from it.

I mean, if you had to describe what type of player Adam Goodes is, you wouldn't say a KPP, but he dominated at CHF in the latter part of the season.

Likewise Pavlich is a gun in the forward line despite being suited to a midfield role.

I took from his comments that he could be versatile like a Pavlich (also Goodes like you mentioned) and play well as a forward as well. I could have been reading more into it though.

I took from his comments that he could be versatile like a Pavlich (also Goodes like you mentioned) and play well as a forward as well. I could have been reading more into it though.

Well personally if we took Morabito I could foresee both he & Morton being rotated through the forward line throughout the course of a game, alternating as a key forward.

Well personally if we took Morabito I could foresee both he & Morton being rotated through the forward line throughout the course of a game, alternating as a key forward.

and Bate too..

Imagine, Morts Bate an Mora rotating off a wing, resting up forward snagging a couple each a game..

Nice... and versatile

• 4 weeks later...

With certain trades now having been discussed and draft order to alter along with some bolters and drifters from darft camp, here is my phantom draft for picks 1 - 30.

1. Melbourne: T. Scully

2. Melbourne: J. Trengove

3. Richmond: D. Martin

4. Fremantle: A. Morabito

5. North Melbourne: G. Rohan

6. Sydney: D. Talia

7. West Coast: K. Lucas

8. Port Adelaide: L. Tapscott

9. Port Adelaide: J. Craig (assuming Burgoyne deal with Hawthorn goes through)

10. Essendon: B. Cunnington

11. Melbourne: J. Butcher (once McLean deal goes through with Carlton)

12. Brisbane: A. Christensen

13. Adelaide: M. Panos

14. Carlton: K. Stevens (assuming 3 way deal occurs sending Fevola to Sydney, Jolly to Collingwood and Pick 14 to Carlton.)

15. Western Bulldogs: J. Gysberts

16. St. Kilda: N. Vardy

17. Geelong: J. Carlisle

18. Melbourne: L. Jetta

19. Richmond: D. Moore

20. Fremantle: A. Black

21. North Melbourne: J. Crichton

22. Sydney: J. Dare

23. Carlton: B. Griffiths (look out for a trade of Yarran to WC for Spangher & 23, rumor I heard today, soso source though.)

24. Geelong: S. Reid (another trade I heard involving a player & swap of picks with Port.)

25. North Melbourne: N. Winmar (Gibson trade.)

26. Essendon: D. Wanganeen

27. Carlton: B. Sheppard

28. Brisbane: T. Taylor

29. Adelaide: T. Colyer

30. Carlton: J. Melksham (agan part of the Fevola, Jolly, draft pick deal with Carlton, Collingwood & Sydney.)

Edited by Tall Defence

With certain trades now having been discussed and draft order to alter along with some bolters and drifters from darft camp, here is my phantom draft for picks 1 - 21.

14. Collingwood: K. Stevens

16. Carlton: N. Vardy (I suspect St. Kilda will trade for Fevola, possibly pick 16 & Maguire)

Bit of hope evident there. Wouldn't be unhappy though.

With certain trades now having been discussed and draft order to alter along with some bolters and drifters from darft camp, here is my phantom draft for picks 1 - 21.

14. Collingwood: K. Stevens

16. Carlton: N. Vardy (I suspect St. Kilda will trade for Fevola, possibly pick 16 & Maguire)

hmmm that would be a great outcome but thats very unlikely, if Butcher will not go to 11 even if he slips that low essendon will pick him up. Melbournes chance of getting Butcher not using 1&2 would be very unlikely