NORTH and SOUTH

Demonland

Our midfield is a disgrace.

I know Brisbane's midfield is brilliant, but we are hopeless. Absolutely hopeless.

Scully cannot come quickly enough.

Lazy, slow and completely unable to man-up and be accountable.

Whoever was on Rich (Morton?) needs to go back to Casey next week. Glad Bruce is now tagging him, because he tore us a new one. A kid in his first year. FFS!

Grimes and that great mark from Watts, the only two highlights thus far.

Our famous third quarter still to come. Dear god please help us! :(

P.S.- STOP GIVING IT TO DAVEY!!!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Add Grimes to that.

Disgraceful 2nd qtr, makes a change from disgraceful 3rd qtrs. Hate to think what's coming next..

Woeful skills, turnovers.

Watts should forget Robbo, do it yourself man!

Agree, his a bit wary of whether his getting in the way of any, just go for gold son!!! Also robbo has been real good.

Whoever was on Rich (Morton?) needs to go back to Casey next week. Glad Bruce is now tagging him, because he tore us a new one. A kid in his first year. FFS!

If Rich was playing for Melbourne then he'd be our best midfielder this year

If Bailey doesn't wake up that this is not working, then something's very wrong in coaching land.

Davey could be such a useful, damaging attacking player. Brisbane don't give a stuff how many possessions he gets under the current game plan. It's useless, such a waste of Davey.

This is just as bad as anything we have ever put up, our skill is not even up to VFL level.

We have turned the ball over almost every time we get it we have no midfield and no forward line.

Our game plan is non existent and reminds me of rounds one and two from last year, we are dreadful and it must raise questions about the coach we cannot continue to put in these insipid performances. We don't gut run, we don't tackle hard enough and we don't show any desperation. We seem happy to let time go by and watch the opposition score at will.

IF we do not start having a forward line I'm going to kill some one, So many times, 1st quarter especially we ran through the midfield and kicked it to a 2 of 5, 1 on 3 etc.

Play one on one and give our forwards a chance FFS, we are getting flogged with players behind the ball, I'm sure we won't do worse with 5 or 6 guys around our forward line.

Freaking stupid coaching.

If Rich was playing for Melbourne then he'd be our best midfielder this year

If I was playing for Melbourne then I'd be our best midfielder this year.

Last time I checked, I can only kick a footy 10 meters... inaccurately.

The midfield set-up seems really [censored] today as well. For one, PJ can't get an effective hitout to save himself, but we always seem to be lining up on the wrong side.

The worst thing about that second quarter was the pure and utter laziness of our players to push up the ground. It was free-Brisbane-players galore!

Again though, Grimes is simply a superb player (despite a couple of shitty kicks). Works so hard, courageous, very smart user of the ball. Love him.

This is just as bad as anything we have ever put up, our skill is not even up to VFL level.

We have turned the ball over almost every time we get it we have no midfield and no forward line.

Our game plan is non existent and reminds me of rounds one and two from last year, we are dreadful and it must raise questions about the coach we cannot continue to put in these insipid performances. We don't gut run, we don't tackle hard enough and we don't show any desperation. We seem happy to let time go by and watch the opposition score at will.

Spot on!

IF we do not start having a forward line I'm going to kill some one, So many times, 1st quarter especially we ran through the midfield and kicked it to a 2 of 5, 1 on 3 etc.

Play one on one and give our forwards a chance FFS, we are getting flogged with players behind the ball, I'm sure we won't do worse with 5 or 6 guys around our forward line.

Freaking stupid coaching.

LOL

We would get done by 200 if we did that. We would make our midfield pressure even less than it is now. The forward line isn't the main problem. We cant win clearances and we are hardly going inside fifty.

Well, if you're feeling morbid watching the Dees go around then the good news is that Channel 9 is showing a Michael Jackson special!

Good thinking, another option is to cheer on the eagles there going alright atm.

One of the commentators on Triple M mentioned (just as Watts was abou to have a shot on goal from 50 m) that some of the senior players were playing like they were jealous of Watts being a Number one pick and were not happy playing with him. Interesting comment considering MFC have been playing really selfish football since Queens Birthday weekend (debut of one J Watts). But then again the commentary has been shite.

LOL

We would get done by 200 if we did that. We would make our midfield pressure even less than it is now. The forward line isn't the main problem. We cant win clearances and we are hardly going inside fifty.

Exactly.

I have no issue playing a rolling zone type set-up and having numbers pushing behind the ball to help out our poor defenders, and stop us from losing by 300 points, at this stage of our development.

Our problem, players who either physically can't, or mentally refuse to push hard the other way when we win the ball. Nobody gives those playing behind the ball any option to kick to.

Robbo can stay in the square all game, but when we win possession you watch how fast the Brisbane defenders push back to protect the zone. Why the hell can't we do the same thing? You see the ball, and you run in whichever the direction it is moving. I guess such complex instructions might be too difficult to follow :rolleyes:

The one decent passage of play today came when Morton streamed down forward, marked and goaled. That's how you are meant to play this style of game!

One of the commentators on Triple M mentioned (just as Watts was abou to have a shot on goal from 50 m) that some of the senior players were playing like they were jealous of Watts being a Number one pick and were not happy playing with him. Interesting comment considering MFC have been playing really selfish football since Queens Birthday weekend (debut of one J Watts). But then again the commentary has been shite.

Absulute airheads, its not that its just our senior players a [censored]

We are the LAZIEST team in the AFL,our workrate is at about 60% tops,we just aren't interested,rather be anywhere else!!!

Blokes like Valenti are busting a gut week after week at Casey and would give anything to be in the ones,yet blokes like Mclean just don't work hard enough.

I've said for 2 years,trade Mclean while we can get something decent for him,he's not a midfield leader,just does his own thing and doesn't work hard enough when hasn't got the ball and just jogs from contest to contest.

We still give away easy goals from stupid mistakes,Lions first goal,Frawley handballs to Rich who goals after Johnson can't bend over touch it through.Second goal,centre square holding free kick,Goal.

It doesn't matter that we draft Watts,Scully, Butcher or Trengove,we don't work hard enough and will never be a top 4 team with our workrate.

If Geelong or St. Kilda had our workrate,they would be 8-10th on the ladder.

No HEART!!!!!!!

We are the LAZIEST team in the AFL,our workrate is at about 60% tops,we just aren't interested,rather be anywhere else!!!

Blokes like Valenti are busting a gut week after week at Casey and would give anything to be in the ones,yet blokes like Mclean just don't work hard enough.

I've said for 2 years,trade Mclean while we can get something decent for him,he's not a midfield leader,just does his own thing and doesn't work hard enough when hasn't got the ball and just jogs from contest to contest.

We still give away easy goals from stupid mistakes,Lions first goal,Frawley handballs to Rich who goals after Johnson can't bend over touch it through.Second goal,centre square holding free kick,Goal.

It doesn't matter that we draft Watts,Scully, Butcher or Trengove,we don't work hard enough and will never be a top 4 team with our workrate.

If Geelong or St. Kilda had our workrate,they would be 8-10th on the ladder.

No HEART!!!!!!!

NO chance wed trade mclean we just wouldnt do it, and with the money his giving makes it even harder as bad as that sounds.

Our midfield is a disgrace.

I know Brisbane's midfield is brilliant, but we are hopeless. Absolutely hopeless.

Scully cannot come quickly enough.

Lazy, slow and completely unable to man-up and be accountable.

Grimes and that great mark from Watts, the only two highlights thus far.

Our famous third quarter still to come. Dear god please help us! :(

Terrible. Casey did better today. They're not even switched on.

I'm really starting to worry about us now.

It's as if losing has taken it's toll on the team. The youth also seem to be feeling the pinch. We also lack leadership on the field. These three factors against a side in form spells recipe for disaster.