Casey Scorpions at Williamstown

KC from Casey

Well, in the end Casey, much like Melbourne, rolled over and died and lost the match within the space of a quarter.

Silvagni will be feeling right at home at Melbourne, given he basically cost Casey the game by turning it over right in front of goal twice.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a very good VFL player, but far too slow for AFL...

Although you could say that about Melbourne's entire midfield list.

Nah, Valenti was great deserves a chance and i really hope he can prove wrong.

Strauss had a lot better 2nd half excellent when with the ball, any chance for a debut against west coast?

Hughes was pretty good imo i hope he gets a chance soon aswell.

From what I saw, it was an incredibly lazy performance by Casey in the final term. Williamstown would have 4-5 players lined up on the half-forward line every time the ball made its way down. Just about all of their goals were under no pressure whatsoever.

Could have cost themselves a finals berth.

Oh well :wacko::wacko::wacko: ... a 7 goal final quarter to the home side to win by 4 points. When you kick 7 points in the first quarter it comes to bite you on the backside.

Casey Scorpions 0.7.7 4.10.34 11.13.79 12.14.86

Williamstown 2.4.16 5.6.36 6.8.44 13.12.90

Goals

Casey Scorpions Newton 3 Hughes 2 Dunn Maric Matthews Stockdale Strauss Valenti Zomer

Williamstown Little 4 Stack 3 Cordy Davies Everitt O’Keefe Reid Stretton

Best

Casey Scorpions Bell Faulks Valenti Panozza Wheatley Bartram

Williamstown Callan Davies Addison Reid Gotch Everitt

Nah, Valenti was great deserves a chance and i really hope he can prove wrong.

Strauss had a lot better 2nd half excellent when with the ball, any chance for a debut against west coast?

Hughes was pretty good imo i hope he gets a chance soon aswell.

Strauss will be good. Exactly the type of player we need and don't have. Pacy and very nice by foot. Moves a lot like Cooney but needs to find more of the pill before he is a chance of selection.

They seized up like the Dees do in the third.

Felt sorry for German, really.

Strauss was good, and Valenti was a lone hand in the midfield in the last.

Bell, Batram, Dunn, Maric, and the rest of the midfield went missing when it mattered.

I'd be very surprised if Wheatley gets another contract.

Strauss will be good. Exactly the type of player we need and don't have. Pacy and very nice by foot. Moves a lot like Cooney but needs to find more of the pill before he is a chance of selection.

Your probably right, though i just recon against West coast at the g even if its just that one game to give him a taste wouldnt hurt him. I mean look at freo they just play there kids regardless 9 debutantes this year.

Unfortunately, I saw nothing from any of the Melbourne listed players that would suggest they're good enough to play AFL.

Correct.

Wheatley and Bell are finished at MFC. I'd only play them because I want to ensure we get Scully. :lol:

Slow legs, quick hands, quick feet but most importantly a quick mind.

And that's at VFL level....

At AFL level, that converts to treacle legs, run of the mill level hands,feet and mind.

I am not sold on him. He may still get a chance at AFL but that he has not to date and has been "burning up" the VFL recently suggest he is not a strong preference with the Footy department and they rank him behind such a pedestrian midfield of McLean, Beamer, Jones and Junior.

Wheatley and Bell are finished at MFC. I'd only play them because I want to ensure we get Scully. :lol:

Not sure how many Wheaters has played since his return from injury but his disposal today was dreadful. He has been a good player for us and hopefully can get back to some good form. If he doesn't you may be right.

Bell"s disposal is atrocious. I have given up on him.

Quicker than McLean, and probably just as quick as Jones but with better skills and decision making than both IMO.

McLean is too slow and Jones lacks pace is line ball performer. We need much better than that. I dont see it with Valenti.

You should be Valenti's manager.

Correct.

And that's at VFL level....

At AFL level, that converts to treacle legs, run of the mill level hands,feet and mind.

I am not sold on him. He may still get a chance at AFL but that he has not to date and has been "burning up" the VFL recently suggest he is not a strong preference with the Footy department and they rank him behind such a pedestrian midfield of McLean, Beamer, Jones and Junior.

He is far from a complete player, but we desperately need him for winning hard balls and clearances. His ability to fight for the ball in close is what sets him apart from the rest of our midfield.

If only he were a few inches taller and a few yards faster he'd be a brownlow contender. :D

Not sure how many Wheaters has played since his return from injury but his disposal today was dreadful. He has been a good player for us and hopefully can get back to some good form. If he doesn't you may be right.

Bell"s disposal is atrocious. I have given up on him.

Wheatley looks decidedly slower than I have ever seen him. Hopefully his speed will return.

He is far from a complete player, but we desperately need him for winning hard balls and clearances. His ability to fight for the ball in close is what sets him apart from the rest of our midfield.

If only he were a few inches taller and a few yards faster he'd be a brownlow contender. :D

He is our Shaun Hart, will find it hard to break in to the side but will win a Norm Smith in our premiership year.

Just got back from willy...

Was lucky there was not much wind because the skill level was pretty average. Always seemed rushed and under pressure..

From the dees players i thought Dunn was very good. Im not a huge fan but he was clearly the pick of the demons. Very big and strong and has good skills.

Valenti had an average game. Small and not rally quick enough. Works bloody hard though.

Mckenzie runs around like a headless chook. Never seems to man up.

Batram i thought did pretty well, played on johnson (the ex hawk) Good speed and skills were actually not to bad.

Zomer first game in the 1's for a while and took a while to adjust i thought. A few good things a few strange things.

Newton so-so game. Good 2 cheapie goals but did work hard. Kicked a good goal.

Hughes i thought he was very good. Very quick and was unlucky the last one bounced of line. Is a team player. few good pick ups and hands off.

Wheatley i thought he struggled a bit. Didn't get to use his weapon!

Bell fought hard but crucial skill errors killed him.

Strauss nice goal but looks a bit of a school boy at the moment, just gets lost but looks good when he gets the ball in space

Maric looks classy in traffic, disappointing shot at goal. Expected more but his shoulder was worrying him.

Also talking to a casey official said that a few of the boys had the flue, wheatley and hughes barely trained all week.

I haven't done the arithmetic just yet but the amazing thing is that Casey will probably stay in the eight because ninth placed Sandy thrashed 7th placed Coburg whose percentage should drop down below that of the Scorps. Not much consolation but it's about time the Scorpions won a close one and stopped kicking themselves out of games of football.

Just finished watching the game. Boy, that was a frustrating last quarter to watch. Lucky i have experience watching those kind of quarters being a Demons follower.

Casey really missed their captain Matthews in the last quarter. I don't know much about the history of that kid, but he goes harder than anyone we have on our whole list.

I thought Dunn was one of our best as well, and Strauss uses it well. I can't understand why you wouldn't have Strauss kicking it in, it would have saved Casey a couple of goals. Maric needs to get involved a bit more, but also looks good when he has it.

I just wrote a long post summarising each players game, but when i went to add reply, it got wiped out. So [censored] off!

Anyway, i'll try again:

Bail looks like he won't make it. In the 3 games i've seen him play, i haven't seen anything to suggest why he was drafted. Skills poor, not particularly quick or creative, or strong in any area. As a mature-aged recruit, he should be ahead of where he's at IMO.

Bell does a lot of good inside work, but doesn't present hard enough to find space. His poor awareness is evident even at this level.

Bartram tagged Brett Johnson, did ok. Disposal was tidier than normal, but he mostly went unnoticed.

Cheney got beaten by Stack. Took some courageous marks in the back line, but far too loose, especially early.

Dunn played a typical game for him. Too good for this level, but limited in the AFL. A classic 'in-betweener'. Ditto Valenti, although together they were probably our best 2.

Hughes looked pretty good, a lucky bounce could've made him the match winner. I hope he's the next to debut, he's a strong mark, quick, nice kick and applies good defensive forward pressure; would probably do better than Robbo has in the last month. Is a good team player, always looking to bring others into the game.

Maric hurt his shoulder, but came back on and kicked a goal. Little influence on the match though.

McKenzie looked off the boil and didn't attack the ball as well as he has in past games. Spent a lot of time on the bench.

Newton kicked 3.3, should have had 5. Missed easy shots, got the hard one plus a couple of cheapies. Much improved defensively, but still prone to the odd brainfade. Needs to dominate in VFL and kick straight if he wants to make it.

Strauss really is such a lovely kick. Great goal on the run from the centre square was the highlight of the match for me. Started slow but had a better 2nd half, though probably needs to play a solid 4-quarter performance before being considered for the Dee's. I've no doubt he'll play in red+blue before the years out though.

Wheatley's disposal, and commitment, were shocking. Gave up on at least two crucial chases in the last, underdone maybe, but not good enough from someone

of his experience. Needs to start planning for life after footy.

Zomer reminds me of Nick Smith. Huge unit, not much of a footballer. Looks lazy, doesn't work anywhere near hard enough on the lead.

Not sure if i missed anyone else.

As a side note, Kyle Matthews is a gun, and his loss in the 4th really hurt the Scorps and basically turned the game. The little fella really is the heart and soul of that team.

Another Edit: Cloke has certainly been enjoying his burgers since his early demise.

LMAO... He certainly has "filled out".

And silvani.... What the hell was going on there!!!!

usually so good but that last quarter was deplorable!!

Silvagni would just about be winning the Casey b&f at the moment, but 3 monumental brainfades in the defensive 50 cost the Scorps the game. Would be pretty down on himself i'd imagine, and I doubt he'll be doing too much kicking in for the rest of the year...

Newton kicked 3.3, should have had 5. Missed easy shots, got the hard one plus a couple of cheapies. Much improved defensively, but still prone to the odd brainfade. Needs to dominate in VFL and kick straight if he wants to make it.

A key forward who refuses to kick goals, and misses ones from 10m out directly in front, should not be ever entertaining the thought of playing AFL.