Let's talk about the scum stadium that is Docklands

praha

Firstly, I am never going to a game there again. The fact that I couldn't see the boundary line below me without standing up AND standing on my toes is a disgrace.

Secondly, the room in front of you is probably half that of the MCG. At the G, you can walk past people without them having to fully get off their seats. At the Dome, people have to literally get up, stand and turn for you to walk past. Even old cinemas from the early 90s aren't that bad.

Thirdly, all of the restaurants at the Docklands suck considering what you pay. I went to Mecca Bar and paid $22 for a chicken kebab - one shish kebab on a small bed of rice. Wow. (I know this has nothing to do with the stadium but thought I'd throw it in lol)

I just hate Jihad Stadium.

Agree on a few points.

Yeah, I was once a couple of years ago up the top in the forward pocket, and yeah you can't see the play when the ball goes near the boundaryline there. Annoying.

And yeah, everytime I go to Docklands I get pretty fed up with having to stand everytime somebody wants to get passed. It really gets on my nerves the amount of people who seem to think half way through the quarter is the perfect time to go and get something to eat or drink. Jeezus.

As for the food, I bring my own.

Having said that, I will still go there when the Dees are playing. I can't help myself. There was a good and lively crowd around my section, plenty of vocal Demons and alot of good natured give and take between the supporters of both teams, lots of laughs despite the result.

as our "reward" for going to Etihad stadium, we have our meal before hand at Medici on New Quay. Cheaper and better !!!! :rolleyes: ... then suffer the pain of Etihad :angry: , then suffer the public transport :angry: and eventually get home !!!! :angry:

As for the food, I bring my own.

Me too. Have done so for the last 15 years. Solves that problem easily.

Having said that, I will still go there when the Dees are playing. I can't help myself. There was a good and lively crowd around my section, plenty of vocal Demons and alot of good natured give and take between the supporters of both teams, lots of laughs despite the result.

If we get rorted by the AFL and are forced into playing a home match there, then I will go. I would also consider going to matches involving the poorer clubs (e.g. Bulldogs, North Melbourne) because they are in similar situations to us and I know they need as big a crowd as possible. But basically, I rarely (if ever) go to that stadium because it is so bad.

I was sitting on the ground level among Essendon supporters and was trying to bait them to say something, one finally snapped when Aaron Smothered the shot for goal in the last quarter and i turned to my friend and said "our Davey is the better Davey" that got people a little fired up and they starting hanging [censored] on watts saying he isn't a number 1 pick, also they crossed the line when they started hanging it on Jurrah because he cant speak English, that totally [censored] me off, when he kicked that amazing goal i said to my mate Not Bad for a bloke who cant speak English, they then shut up then...

also they crossed the line when they started hanging it on Jurrah because he cant speak English, that totally [censored] me off, when he kicked that amazing goal i said to my mate Not Bad for a bloke who cant speak English, they then shut up then...

Why would they make fun of Liam not having English as a first language? It's an amazing thing that his language has survived European colonisation and if I am correct, it is only spoken by about 700 hundred people. That to me is something to boast about if anything. Seriously, I wouldn't have held back with [censored] like that. I put up with plenty of racist rubbish in the 80's and 90's. Morons.

On a lighter note, my favourite part of the night was in the last quarter, nearing the end of the game, this Essendon supporter stands up, packs up his bag to leave early, and decides to turn to the crowd and say "Don't worry Melbourne supporters. There's 2 inches of good snow up at Buller." And some Dees supporter yells out "The only 2 inches around here is in your pants mate." Everyone laughed and the Bombers fan left quickly with his tale between his legs.

Why would they make fun of Liam not having English as a first language? It's an amazing thing that his language has survived European colonisation and if I am correct, it is only spoken by about 700 hundred people. That to me is something to boast about if anything. Seriously, I wouldn't have held back with [censored] like that. I put up with plenty of racist rubbish in the 80's and 90's. Morons.

On a lighter note, my favourite part of the night was in the last quarter, nearing the end of the game, this Essendon supporter stands up, packs up his bag to leave early, and decides to turn to the crowd and say "Don't worry Melbourne supporters. There's 2 inches of good snow up at Buller." And some Dees supporter yells out "The only 2 inches around here is in your pants mate." Everyone laughed and the Bombers fan left quickly with his tale between his legs.

Was that in the third level around the 50 metre line on the interchange side?

Was on the third level but was behind the goals down the end that the cheer squad sat.

Oh. I was going to call you on it because my mate got up something similar. But he didn't run off with his tail between his legs though. I just yelled back that it was funny the first time I heard it in 1986.

I dislike Docklands but not so much that it outweighs going to see the Dees play.

The fact that I couldn't see the boundary line below me without standing up AND standing on my toes is a disgrace.

Bad luck - that's pretty poor. I've sat on level 3 at Docklands a couple of times and I thought the view was actually quite decent. It seems a fair bit better than at the 'G, where the players can seem like red and blue ants running around.

Secondly, the room in front of you is probably half that of the MCG. At the G, you can walk past people without them having to fully get off their seats. At the Dome, people have to literally get up, stand and turn for you to walk past. Even old cinemas from the early 90s aren't that bad.

I didn't notice that (fwiw, went with a group and we were on level 1, gen admin). For example, I walked past a bunch of people a couple of times and none of them had to get up, just turn their knees a little like normal. It seemed the same as in the Southern Stand of the 'G.

Thirdly, all of the restaurants at the Docklands suck considering what you pay. I went to Mecca Bar and paid $22 for a chicken kebab - one shish kebab on a small bed of rice. Wow. (I know this has nothing to do with the stadium but thought I'd throw it in lol)

Haha, ouch. I know the 'Docklands' area is struggling when it comes to restaurants etc.

And some Dees supporter yells out "The only 2 inches around here is in your pants mate."

Hahah :D

I have a 16 game membership. I knocked off work half an hour early so I could get there early to get a good seat. Arrived at 5.20 before the gates opened. I presented my membership ticket to get seats - no options offered - handed 2 seats in Row W (Second row from back Level 3). Friend booked hers earlier in the week so she wouldn't have to queue. She got Row X - back row. I was so angry. Could not enjoy the night at all.

Oh. I was going to call you on it because my mate got up something similar. But he didn't run off with his tail between his legs though. I just yelled back that it was funny the first time I heard it in 1986.

Yeah, no doubt there would have been the odd snow joke thrown around last night. Always the same. Amazes me how people still think it's funny. Around where I was sitting, I think even the Essendon supporters groaned.

I have a 16 game membership. I knocked off work half an hour early so I could get there early to get a good seat. Arrived at 5.20 before the gates opened. I presented my membership ticket to get seats - no options offered - handed 2 seats in Row W (Second row from back Level 3). Friend booked hers earlier in the week so she wouldn't have to queue. She got Row X - back row. I was so angry. Could not enjoy the night at all.

Yeah, i copped Row W behind the goals... having to stand up to watch parts of the game isn't fun. Got mine at 7:35, JUST made it to watch the first bounce.

Only bonus was that i didn't pay any booking fees, but i'm very happy i'm not heading back there again anytime soon. At least i didn't cop any flak on the way out with 30 seconds to go. Being that far back gives them enough time to think up something slightly witty.

What about the morons attempting a mexican wave? Geez....

Yeah, to be honest, I probably will go there again if the Dees are playing, so I made a little lie, but god damn I hate that stadium. Just the worst. It's funny how there are seats near the scoreboard up along the side, but those seats are never sold because they don't actually have a view of the ground. Who the hell designed that stadium? Morons.

Yeah, to be honest, I probably will go there again if the Dees are playing, so I made a little lie, but god damn I hate that stadium. Just the worst. It's funny how there are seats near the scoreboard up along the side, but those seats are never sold because they don't actually have a view of the ground. Who the hell designed that stadium? Morons.

Yea I agree about those seats on either side of the scoreboard. They should either get rid of them or maybe get a bigger and better scoreboard in place, which is badly needed at Docklands I think.

I was sitting on the half forward flank on the broadcast side towards the Lockett end- can't complain about the seats, but I remember I sat in a similar place for the St.Kilda V Melbourne game last year, and I couldn't see the other end very well at all cos of the bloody sun. Iv'e never sat very high up on the top level, but I think the view is excellent on the wing on the first few rows. I still think they need a seperate scoreboard, one that just shows the score like the MCG have two of. The ticketing is bad but you just need to avoid getting them when you are there by pre-booking.

Etihad has nothing on the "G" but I'd rather Etihad than Waverley!

I don't mind the place...........been there for plenty of Victory games, and the occasional MFC game, and it's not that bad!

Ordinary venue. And getting more and more dated by the year. The seats are covered in crap and the scoreboards are getting harder and harder to read. About time Collo spent some money on the place.

I too got Row X on level three. Why should they tell you where you have to sit?

I hate the dump with a passion. I will not go to the Essendon game next year as they are complicit in that they have full-ticketed games; I will endure the other games there, as a General Admission ticket is available.