Whelan - 6.5

SUMMARY

Average - 5.75 ( approx )

DUX - Davey

High Distinction - Green , Jamar , Moloney , Sylvia

Distinction - Bruce , Morton , Jones , Frawley

Credit - Meesen , McLean ,Whelan

Good - Bennell , Cheney ,Grimes , Rivers

High distinction? In terms of what? Jamar, has tried hard, but has played 2 games!

What is it that you have against Grimes? He's certainly played better than Brock the last few weeks, let alone Meesen, Rivers and Bennell.

High distinction? In terms of what? Jamar, has tried hard, but has played 2 games!

What is it that you have against Grimes? He's certainly played better than Brock the last few weeks, let alone Meesen, Rivers and Bennell.

Jamar has been terrific despite a very limited preparation . His tapwork is outstanding and he's moving around the field extremely well .

He was easily our best against StKilda , and he easily outpointed Fraser yesterday . What else do you want him to do ?

Jamar may have had more taps than Fraser, but was killed around the ground and we were beaten in the clearances.

Grimes is a 6 game player who is already taking the opposition's best small forward, averaging 20 touches. What more do you want?

Joeboy, I love your work.... but Jeeeesus. Jamar shouldn't go above 2 in any way, shape or form. He's played 1 game in which he took a handful of marks, and got a heap of taps that amounted to nothing. If I was Sylvia, Warnock, Moloney or Green I'd be very hurt that you consider him in their league...

Other than that, I didn't see any other glaring errors at first view. Particularly like that you maintain Davey is our number #1 so far this year. Which he still is despite two quiet weeks. He's really figured out how to maintain some consistent footy when tagged, and when he's not finding it easily. In days gone by he'd vanish completely. His example is going to be, hopefully, what the younger guys want to emulate.

Jamar has been terrific despite a very limited preparation . His tapwork is outstanding and he's moving around the field extremely well .

He was easily our best against StKilda , and he easily outpointed Fraser yesterday . What else do you want him to do ?

Most surprising against the saints, but far, FAR from our best. And there's no way he outplayed Fraser. Fraser would be threatening to sneak in for a vote. Time to take off the rose-coloured glasses here I reckon.

Jamar has been great in his two games. He gets hit-outs and presents. I thought he played better than Fraiser yesterday. Only two games, but on those games he is 2 of 2, both of which were great by an average ruckman standard and I think he is deserving of a HD.

After being 1 and 10 I find to hard to fathom how our average could be 5.75 and anything higher than credits. There has been little of distinction so far!!

Here is my shot at it.

Bartram - 4

Bate - 5

Bell - 3.5

Bennell - 6

Bruce - 6

Cheney - 5.5

Davey - 7

Dunn - 4

Frawley - 7

Garland - 5

Green - 6

Grimes - 6

Jamar - 5.5

Jetta - 3.5

Johnson - 4

Jones - 6

Maric - 4

Martin - 5

McDonald - 4.5

McLean - 5.5

Meesen - 5

Miller - 5

Moloney - 6

Morton - 7

Newton - 3

Petterd - 4

Rivers - 5

Robertson - 3

Spencer - 4.5

Sylvia - 7

Valenti - 3

Warnock - 7

Watts - 3

Whelan - 4

SUMMARY

Average - 4.4 ( approx )

DUX - Too early to tell.

High Distinction - None

Distinction - None

Credit - Davey, Sylvia, Frawley, Morton, Warnock

Good - Bennell ,Grimes , Beamer, Jones, Green, Bruce

Supp Exam ( to be held over the next 11 games) - Anyone with a score below 5.

Does not include any ranking for Jurrah, Blease,Strauss, Wonna, Wheatley and McNamara.

Joeboy, I love your work.... but Jeeeesus. Jamar shouldn't go above 2 in any way, shape or form. He's played 1 game in which he took a handful of marks, and got a heap of taps that amounted to nothing. If I was Sylvia, Warnock, Moloney or Green I'd be very hurt that you consider him in their league...

Other than that, I didn't see any other glaring errors at first view. Particularly like that you maintain Davey is our number #1 so far this year. Which he still is despite two quiet weeks. He's really figured out how to maintain some consistent footy when tagged, and when he's not finding it easily. In days gone by he'd vanish completely. His example is going to be, hopefully, what the younger guys want to emulate.

I'm glad you love my work , but I don't fathom how you can be critical of Jamar because we have a below average on ball brigade . He can only palm the ball in their direction , which he succeeds in doing admirably - the rest is up to them .

Enough said .

After being 1 and 10 I find to hard to fathom how our average could be 5.75 and anything higher than credits. There has been little of distinction so far!!

I was thinking the same thing, but unless I'm mistaken Joeboy is rating on a curve here. Only comparing MFC players to other MFC players. In that sense, I can understand a 9 and a handful of 8s. Am I right JB?

I was thinking the same thing, but unless I'm mistaken Joeboy is rating on a curve here. Only comparing MFC players to other MFC players. In that sense, I can understand a 9 and a handful of 8s. Am I right JB?

Precisely

No wonder we celebrate the ordinary at MFC.

Three guys who got credits are at their career cross roads ATM.

I trust the MFC Board and footy department use a more meaningful metric.

Guest hangon007
Bate is better than a 5 Joeboy.

He currently leads our team in goals kicked, and just sneaks into the top 10 in the AFL for goal assists, and you have ranked on par with Bell and Spencer.

Bit harsh in my view.

You make a very good point, goal assists are very, very under - rated by some supporters when rating a player. However, interestingly not at a club that has won like 51 out of its last 55 games give or take.

Who ever ends up as the last link of the chain is immaterial to some teams, they focus more on being part of the chain. However, as we have seen some players can take this a "little over board" boys will be boys.

Its almost like those little 1%'s that you cant count (or can you), some people rate them ... some dont. Suppose its all just a healthy matter of opinion.

Bartram - 3 His failings are still the same as previous seasons and hasn't built on his strengths

Bate - 6 Above average without playing up to his ability. Playing KF is a shocking gig at the Dees.

Bell - 2 See Bartram

Bennell - 6 Expectations for this guy were low early on but he is legit. Has class.

Bruce - 6 More of the same from Bruce

Cheney - 6 Shows promise but like most of our list has much to learn.

Davey - 7 leading the b&f as off round 11

Dunn - 3 Not a key forward, not a tagger, not a mid and no room in defence.

Frawley - 7 Most improved defender and a chance to be something special

Garland - NA

Green - 5.5 Good pre injury. Unsighted since

Grimes - 7 Shows plenty and is in the 1st 6-8 picked in my books.

Jamar - 5 Rucks well and competes. A nice change.

Jetta - 2 No pace, no tricks and can't find the footy.

Johnson - 2 Ughhh.........

Jones - 5 Has tried to rectify his disposal. He is a work in progress.

Maric - 4 Got skills but needs to find more ball and contribute.

Martin - 5 Started well but needs to make a position his own.

McDonald - 3 Performance well below par. Gets a 3 for calling Colin.

McLean - 4 Was always going to struggle after a very serious injury. Expect him to improve soon.

Meesen - 3.5 Showed he could play. a little bit

Miller - 4 Not enough from Miller. Not the answer up forward.

Moloney - 6 Consistent but loose.

Morton - 7 Our most prolific, shown how to be accountable down back. Still has star written all over him and I think should be played with Grimes as mids later in the year.

Newton - 1 Every time he gets a chance he wastes it. I dont GET this guy.

Petterd - 3 No room down back and not a forward. Petterd needs to force his way as a mid. We could use his better than average pace.

Rivers - 4 Not enough out of Rivers. When he was very good he lead the comp in marks from opposition kicks. He should improve as the season goes on, like McLean.

Robertson - 1 Happy with his form after an awful injury but lacking in so many other intangible aspects of the game that he gets down graded heavily.

Spencer - 4 Contests but has a LOOONNNNGGGG way to go. 18months more development is required but he has the aggression that all of our other rucks lack.

Sylvia - 7 Solid up until a month ago and now our best player on current form by a fair margin. Needs to keep going. Still could be an A Grader

Valenti - 1 Bags packed. He is out with Jordie having better size and pace for Casey and McLean, Moloney and Jones already in the seniors.

Warnock - 7 Solid. I was hoping that Martin would beat him out for fullback but Warnock is very consistent.

Watts - NA

Whelan - 2 Love him but he is gawn! We never saw the best of him due to injury. He could have been all-Australian many times.

SUMMARY

DUX - Sylvia and Davey would be clubhouse leaders in an awful year.

High Distinction - None

Distinction - None

Credit - Davey, Sylvia, Frawley, Morton, Warnock, Bennell, Grimes

Good - Moloney, Jones, Green, Bruce

Supp Exam - Bartram, Johnson, Miller, Dunn, Bell, McDonald, Robertson, Newton, Wheatley, Valenti and Whelan.

Bartram - 4

Bate - 5

Bell - 2

Bennell - 6

Bruce - 6

Cheney - 5

Davey - 7

Dunn - 3

Frawley - 7

Garland - 6

Green - 6

Grimes - 6

Jamar - 5

Jetta - 4

Johnson - 3

Jones - 6

Maric - 4

Martin - 5

McDonald - 4

McLean - 5

Meesen - 5

Miller - 5

Moloney - 6

Morton - 7

Newton - 3

Petterd - 4

Rivers - 5

Robertson - 3

Spencer - 4

Sylvia - 7

Valenti - 2

Warnock - 7

Watts - 3

Whelan - 3

FUTURE IN DOUBT

BARTRAM

BELL

DUNN

JOHNSON

MCDONALD

NEWTON

PETTARD

ROBERTSON

VALENTI

WHELAN

Most surprising against the saints, but far, FAR from our best. And there's no way he outplayed Fraser. Fraser would be threatening to sneak in for a vote. Time to take off the rose-coloured glasses here I reckon.

no, rubbish! Jamar DOMINATED the ruck. Made an error when he failed to punch a ball through but otherwise was very good