Jack Grimes

Sideshow Bob

What does Jack NEED to get a rising start nomination? The bloke looks like a 200 game veteran - directing play, backing back into packs. His Stats are phenominal for a bloke who's played 4 games. Getting 4 more touches than Rich per game yet no love from the media or the AFL!

Kyle Cheney not too far behnd in his stats as well!

Stats Stolen from Footywire:

2009 AFL Rising Stars Disposals Per Game Leaders (Minimum 2 Games Played)

Rank Player Team Games Disposals for Last Game Average

1 Jack Grimes Melbourne 4 21 v St Kilda, Round 10 20.8

2 Jarryn Geary St Kilda 10 22 v Melbourne, Round 10 19.4

3 Andy Otten Adelaide 10 16 v Hawthorn, Round 10 19.3

4 Andrew Collins Richmond 7 24 v Fremantle, Round 10 19.3

5 Brendan Whitecross Hawthorn 10 14 v Adelaide, Round 10 18.7

6 Jaxson Barham Collingwood 4 15 v St Kilda, Round 7 18.5

6 Kyle Cheney Melbourne 4 22 v Western Bulldogs, Round 8 18.5

6 Ben Ross North Melbourne 4 17 v Brisbane, Round 10 18.5

9 Jarryd Morton Hawthorn 8 12 v Adelaide, Round 10 18.1

10 Cale Hooker Essendon 5 22 v Geelong, Round 10 17.6

11 Chris Masten West Coast 9 22 v Carlton, Round 10 17.0

12 Daniel Rich Brisbane 10 25 v North Melbourne, Round 10 16.9

13 Jack Ziebell North Melbourne 9 12 v Brisbane, Round 10 16.6

14 Garry Moss Hawthorn 8 14 v Melbourne, Round 9 16.2

15 Hamish Hartlett Port Adelaide 6 15 v Collingwood, Round 10 16.2

16 Alex Rance Richmond 6 11 v Brisbane, Round 7 16.0

17 Steele Sidebottom Collingwood 4 12 v Port Adelaide, Round 10 15.8

18 Dayne Beams Collingwood 6 10 v Carlton, Round 8 14.7

19 Brad Dick Collingwood 4 25 v Port Adelaide, Round 10 14.5

20 Callan Ward Western Bulldogs 7 18 v Sydney, Round 10 14.1

28 Addam Maric Melbourne 5 13 v St Kilda, Round 10 13.2

The dees need to put in a decent performance for starters.

Last year,we had to wait for the Brisbane win to get Garland nominated, even though Bradshaw kicked 3 or 4 goals on him. Adelaide get 2 wins,and their two good kids get nominations.

Team performance, as well as individual performance is definitely a factor.

Team performance should have nothing to do with individual performance, although in this case it obviously does.

It is a lot harder to play well in a crap team when you're a kid, than to play well when you're surrounded by a bunch of great players who take a lot of the heat off you (yes, I am talking about Rich/Rioli/etc etc...)

Grimes certainly deserves a Rising Star nomination. It's a good thing the entire award is completely stupid and irrelevant, or else I might actually care about how little attention our boy is getting ;)

As it stands, the less other clubs notice our kids, the better. Don't need the vultures circling and sniffing for blood at the end of the season.

Check out his supercoach points so far:

Round 7 - 92pts - 22 possies 13 marks

Round 8 - 109 - 25 / 7

Round 9 - 58 - 15 / 5

Round 10 - 110 - 21 / 8

The great thing bout Grimesy is that he hasn't given away a free kick this year; vital when playing in the backline. He just gets on with his role with little fanfare.

I'm very excited about Jack and just prey that he can make his body durable for long term success.

"Our" boy?

Yes, you do not have private ownership of J1 (or J2 for that matter). We've got shared custody! :lol:

(and I am not implying that J1 and J2 are in anyway similar to two giant bananas who have an affinity for wearing grandpa pajamas)

Check out his supercoach points so far:

Round 7 - 92pts - 22 possies 13 marks

Round 8 - 109 - 25 / 7

Round 9 - 58 - 15 / 5

Round 10 - 110 - 21 / 8

The great thing bout Grimesy is that he hasn't given away a free kick this year; vital when playing in the backline. He just gets on with his role with little fanfare.

I'm very excited about Jack and just prey that he can make his body durable for long term success.

He has hardly had an ineffective disposal either. I can't remember him having one. He is a little gun.

don`t forget his 21 touches for 95% effientioncy. What is with that? Surely he has to get a rising star nomination soon. I`m predicting this week against the Pies.

I have also had Grimes in my Super Coach team. 95% efficiency against Saints. What a pick up from the draft. We need a win to help get him a nomination for the Rising Star in my opinion. Next year we will do well with nominations. For Jack to have a game like that against a quality side in StKilda speaks volumes. Just oozes leadership. Geez its exciting to see these types of quality players strutting their stuff for the Dees.

What does Jack NEED to get a rising start nomination?

The stats you've posted are meaningless. The way we play, it's easy to pick up cheap stats roaming across the backline. He was hardly more deserving of the rising star nomination this week than Taylor Walker.

Having said that, he has been impressive and if he continues to play well, he will pick up a nomination in due course.

The dees need to put in a decent performance for starters.

Last year,we had to wait for the Brisbane win to get Garland nominated, even though Bradshaw kicked 3 or 4 goals on him. Adelaide get 2 wins,and their two good kids get nominations.

Team performance, as well as individual performance is definitely a factor.

If Jack needs to be part of a winning team to get a nomination, I guess it will happen next Monday then.

Grimesy is a gun, but Walker deserved it

This is my point...... everyone else seems to get one on the back of one outstanding performance. Yet our lads need to perform consistently high over numerous, numerous weeks to even get a mention anywhere. Grimey will be a 150 gamer and captain of the dee's before they notice the kid CAN play!!!

Believe me, they know he can play.

He'll get a nomination, he's had 3 ripper games out of 4. The system is a little flawed in that there does appear to be a "queue" to get your nomination.

Walker has been very consistent - 10 games kicking goals in all but one. He deserved it