Miller maybe out??

rodent killer

Finalsiren's rating, what is that based on?

I'd imagine the same as all the rest, credits for good stuff and debits for the not-so-good, probably it would be a port from Champion Data or another similar. Maybe they do their own but the parameters in any case would be comparable. Possibly it is an average from multiple sources. Yeah, I've got no idea, but you'd have to say all these stats-to-points set-ups begin with the same premise.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, you can't seriously think that hitouts are a decent measure of a forward?

I'll accept that my previous comment was biased.

Newton's numbers may show equal or better output than Miller, but I think it would be fair to say that it's much of a muchness between the two. When Newton's had recalls, he's let us down. I really can't see the benefit of Newton for Miller.

Newton might have let us down with his poor kicking, but at least he doesn't have trouble getting his hands on the ball and he gives us a target. Give Newton another game.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic
Agreed. Btw, nice quote of yours in todays HUN :)

Missed it. Surprised they found something quote worthy from the tripe I post. :lol:

interesting how much millers goal average lifts when newton is also in the side.

is it because his goal average is diluted by the time he spent down back? or perhaps with newton as a lead target at full forward, it gives miller a bit more confidence, and less tall defenders to worry about?

it would be interesting to see similar comparisons to miller with robbo and neitz...

Im not so sure about miller, but one this I can be certain on is that he will leave it all on the ground.

Just like a dog does in a park.

Seriously, without Neitz and Robertson, this year was Miller's opportunity to be the main man in the forward line. He hasn't delivered, and confirmed what most of us have thought. He's a try hard, with little ability.

Just like a dog does in a park.

Seriously, without Neitz and Robertson, this year was Miller's opportunity to be the main man in the forward line. He hasn't delivered, and confirmed what most of us have thought. He's a try hard, with little ability.

unfortuantly true. But i still have a small bit of hope left.

interesting how much millers goal average lifts when newton is also in the side.

is it because his goal average is diluted by the time he spent down back? or perhaps with newton as a lead target at full forward, it gives miller a bit more confidence, and less tall defenders to worry about?

it would be interesting to see similar comparisons to miller with robbo and neitz...

You mean like this

On the face of it there's not a great difference yet Neitz is likely to kick three-and-a-half times more goals than Miller. Neita also spent a hell of a lot more time down back than Brad did.

Yeah, I know Brad's a proven "lead-up", he's also proven himself to be a very problematic goal-kicker.

As unfortunate as it is, you are right. It's a shame, because his work ethic makes him so endearing as a player and a leader at the club, yet his lack of ability and nous just take it all away. After winning the goalkicking last year and playing consistently, in a terrible side that couldn't kick goals, i'm sure most of us thought he had turned the corner and would become a dangerous forward this year as THE #1 go-to man. If anything, his form (and set shot kicking in particular) has regressed on 2008.

Miller has 100+ games experience, being the most experienced key forward with the strongest body, as well as a known leader at the club, he no doubt would've set his personal goals for at least 40 goals this season. He has 11.13 from 10 matches so far this year, and has been kept goalless in 5 of those 10 games, including his last 3. He hasn't delievered, and at the rate he's going at, will be lucky to match his 26 goals from last year.

Not sure if he'll get dropped this week (although if DB is true to his matra of 'picking players on form,' he should be), with Watts likely to be targeted by that dog Maxwell and others in front of a huge crowd, could be Miller's chance to take some of the heat off JW and bob up with a few goals.

As unfortunate as it is, you are right. It's a shame, because his work ethic makes him so endearing as a player and a leader at the club, yet his lack of ability and nous just take it all away. After winning the goalkicking last year and playing consistently, in a terrible side that couldn't kick goals, i'm sure most of us thought he had turned the corner and would become a dangerous forward this year as THE #1 go-to man. If anything, his form (and set shot kicking in particular) has regressed on 2008.

Miller has 100+ games experience, being the most experienced key forward with the strongest body, as well as a known leader at the club, he no doubt would've set his personal goals for at least 40 goals this season. He has 11.13 from 10 matches so far this year, and has been kept goalless in 5 of those 10 games, including his last 3. He hasn't delievered, and at the rate he's going at, will be lucky to match his 26 goals from last year.

Not sure if he'll get dropped this week (although if DB is true to his matra of 'picking players on form,' he should be), with Watts likely to be targeted by that dog Maxwell and others in front of a huge crowd, could be Miller's chance to take some of the heat off JW and bob up with a few goals.

I would have been happy for Miller to have a rest this week, but seeing JW is set to debut on Monday we simply have to have Miller in the forwardline to help him out with the niggles and shoving that he will no doubt receive in his 1st game. Time to stand up Brad!

Miller is a nipple. Should never play a game for Melbourne again. He is a pathetic brain dead footballer that plays a couple good games a year not good enough. We should start looking at alternatives cause Miller is not and has never been the answer.

Miller was brilliant when he started a few years back, but he has either gone off or lost interest. He certainly can't kick gaols. We need someone tough like Neitz or Schwartz. Rivers has also gone off, and Davey is just getting his magic back, now.

I am hoping that it is a repeat of last year and beat Collingwood on Monday - I love beating Collingwood, I hate them with a passion,

I've been thinking about that. I think Maxwell is the perfect match up for Watts, whether he plays in the forward line or up the ground. Which means he's likely to get pushed and shoved all match, to the point of utter exhaustion. I'm not sure if having Miller in the team is really going to help, but having a bigger body up there, hopefully who won't be afraid to stand up for Jack, might help and give the boy some confidence.