Team selection vs Bulldogs

Einstein

I don't have a problem with Whelan and Cheney in for Rivers and Frawley, but if Bennell needed a rest then I'd of rather seen McNamara or Bell in instead of Valenti. Think this shows Bailey obviously likes Valenti. He may be promoted at end of the year after all?

He needs to give Valenti a good run to allow him the opportunity to prove himself. Bell still needs more match fitness if the Coolburg game was anything to go by.(he's going to have to rely on injuries or play the house down to force his way back in) McNamara is the one I want to see. I've only heard good things and with his height and dash he could be a very handy addition. Whelan deserves another game because when fit he's comfortably in our best 22. Cheney is an interesting one. With our back stocks so strong I don't really see a spot for him long term. I'd be very happy for him to prove me wrong.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest eraadyn

This is how I would line them up with that list :

B : Matthew Whelan, Matthew Warnock, Kyle Cheney

HB : Aaron Davey, James McDonald, Cameron Bruce

C : Brent Moloney, Brock McLean, Clint Bartram

HF : Ricky Petterd, Brad Miller, Colin Sylvia

F : Matthew Bate, Russell Robertson, Addam Maric

Foll : Paul Johnson, Stefan Martin, Nathan Jones

I/C : Cale Morton, Jack Grimes, Shane Valenti, Lynden Dunn

Martin as ruck rover?

I think you'll find Martin at CHB and McDonald likely on the ball or in the midfield in general.

I wouldn't think Bennell would be dropped, probably has been rested

Good call.

Its funny how ALL week we all speculate on who will be in and out and come Thursday everyone is wrong.

And yet no-one EVER admits it?!

It's official..................

we are tanking!

That's what sprung to mind when I saw Bennell out.

That team won't line up as written on the team sheet. Some of those players might play forward, but they'll drift back as soon as the need arises. I don't even read the team-sheet anymore. Just the ins and outs.

Guest eraadyn
I think you'll find Martin at CHB and McDonald likely on the ball or in the midfield in general.

Probably, but then I don't get the final say in the team selection :lol:

I chose it that way because Martin is more than likely the back up ruckman anyway and seems to be quicker and generally better with his decisions than Junior lately

If Dunn plays key position defence, then yes, we are tanking! *shudders*

Funny old selections IMO. We lose two key defenders and a small defender, and replace them with 2 small defenders and an inside mid. I really really hope the Doggies don't stack their forward line with talls. Potentially they could have Minson, Hahn, Murphy (plays tall), Welsh, Hill and Brad Johnson all playing in there and with the ability to mark the ball strongly. With only Warnock and Martin as our key backs, and with Martin needed to provide relief for PJ in the ruck, i can see Eade really trying to stretch us height wise. Can't understand the non-inclusion of McNamara at all. Really would have liked to see him play at the G, but i guess he'll get his chance soon.

On a positive note, it's a very good chance for Valenti, and i hope he does well. But ultimately, he wasn't really needed in our side.

And fancy Jamar coming straight into the emergencies after not playing a single game this year at all. He's not THAT good! ;)

Could he be a chance to come in for team balance? Maybe one of the mids is carrying an injury, hence the inclusion of Valenti, with plans for Jamar to be a late inclusion... Hmmm... <_<

I wouldn't think Bennell would be dropped, probably has been rested

I would have thought it's a bizarre time to rest him though. Perhaps, Bails think he'll win the game for us this week.;)

I would have thought it's a bizarre time to rest him though.

Nah, nothing bizarre about it. He's a slightly built kid and has come in and played the first 7 games of AFL footy. It's a huge and immediate step up from playing WAFL. I'd say he's just a little sore this week. Should be back next week you'd think.

Yeah he isn't named for Casey so its safe to say he is being 'rested'. Most likley a case of 'general soreness.'
OK then einstein.......(joking;-)). If he has general soreness why did he seem to be walking on water last week then whenever he had the ball?

It's official..................

we are tanking!

Frog faeces!!

OK then einstein.......(joking;-)). If he has general soreness why did he seem to be walking on water last week then whenever he had the ball?

Big difference between how a player moves on match day and how he pulls up after the game. Plenty of times players have played injured and look fine on match day but pull up sore days later.

What other explaination have you got? He isn't playing for Melbourne. He isn't playing for Casey.

So he has been excluded why?

I'm not saying he is injured. But that he may have pulled up a bit sore after last week and Bails figured it was a good chance to give the kid a rest.

And people saying leaving Bennell out is a sign we are tanking, get real.

Big difference between how a player moves on match day and how he pulls up after the game. Plenty of times players have played injured and look fine on match day but pull up sore days later.

What other explaination have you got? He isn't playing for Melbourne. He isn't playing for Casey.

So he has been excluded why?

And people saying leaving Bennell out is a sign we are tanking, get real.

They are just resting him.

Its careful workload management of a young player with an immature body, much like they've managed Watts or Blease.

They are giving him a rest and ensuring he doesn't do too much and break down.

Just as I predicted a couple of days ago.

Much the same as I predicted him to play earliest of any of the draftees and for him to be a star. (And it hasn't happened yet, relax a bit kids, you're getting all excited a bit too quick)

Watch the way the kid moves with the ball, it says it all.

About the only thing I've been right about on this damn forum, but seriously, can't you all see it unfolding?

Its not rocket science.

Is this official?

:wacko:

Valenti has been promoted?

Bennell dropped after his best game ever?

Edit: our backline has gone from awesome to [censored] in the space of a week :(

haven't they read our 'Bennell will make Andrew McLeod look slow and sloppy by foot in 3 years time' post?

Seriously though, you wouldn't want to be playing well for us. Anyone who has played any semblence of decent footy gets struck down by injury.