• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

People Who Live In Glass Houses Should Not Throw Stones

typical demons

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha like many others you have given me my highlight for the day.

And all this coming after your pathetic (understatement) performance on the weekend.

And you say we've managed to win a premiership every 12.5 years..or something?...when do you see

Fremantles next premiership coming?... even the most optimistic supporter of your club wouldn't give

you much chance of winning one in the...well lets just say future.

Oh and still to this day, no one will, and ever care for the mighty dockers.

Guest petjud

Oh dear, have we sunk so low as this, if this continues I may just run home and get my big brother so he can beat you all up.....so there.............can we please get back to some sensible discussions.....even YM seems to be mellowing on other threads...... wonderful what a win can do.......the origninal post should have had nil replies.it didn't warrant any...

You dandeeman are the typical Melbourne supporter that doesn't watch a game of footy when you lose but after 1 win against Richmond you've been a member for life..

I can understand why you're a Fremantle supporter though. Often after a hard weeks worth of work I sit there and think, 'God, I just need to have a relaxing weekend. Have a drink, and possibly even a laugh'. By being a Freo supporter I guess you have the best of both worlds.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

Ahhh, Freo. How I love your club. No matter how bad things are going for my beloved Dees I can always look at your mob and think "things could be a lot worse".

I happen to work with a melbourne member who informed me to the Freo bashing going on this site...

Around for 150 years... Great...

so a club that manages to get a premiership averaged every 12.5 years!

Fantastic considering you've been playing this game longer then anyone else in the competition and still don't seem to able to play!

You dandeeman are the typical Melbourne supporter that doesn't watch a game of footy when you lose but after 1 win against Richmond you've been a member for life..

I'm not here to get sucked into your trolling anymore... just to vent my appreciation of an old thread =)

I wish we had the talent to unleash a 4 goal explosion in only 120 minutes of footy.

Super performance by the Dockers.

Oh dear, have we sunk so low as this, if this continues I may just run home and get my big brother so he can beat you all up.....so there.............can we please get back to some sensible discussions.....even YM seems to be mellowing on other threads...... wonderful what a win can do.......the origninal post should have had nil replies.it didn't warrant any...

petjud....it's all a bit of banter....I'm surprised you haven't let loose..

I wasn't going to bother myself posting in this ridiculous and pointless thread until I read this:

Around for 150 years... Great...

so a club that manages to get a premiership averaged every 12.5 years!

Fantastic considering you've been playing this game longer then anyone else in the competition and still don't seem to able to play!

You idiot. By your logic Fremantle is clearly the worst club in the league, considering your healthy average of 0 premierships per year.

And how could you possibly say we can't play when you dish up the supreme effort of 4 goals in a match in near-perfect conditions?

Oh well. Now I've gone and wasted 5 minutes on a Fremantle supporter.

Where do i start...

Perhaps I'll start with what you will be able to tell by the time I've finished my rant... Yes I'm a dockers supporter!

to quote JADED.. "These morons are 0-4, and instead of concentrating on their football, they are pulling stupid stunts? It doesn't matter what they were dresses as, the point is, they are idiots to have embroiled their club in controversy... or perhaps it's a diversion tactic from their terrible on-field performances?"

correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it your team that had a 0-4 start last year?

And a team that is currently in the middle stages of developing a new younger squad you think would understand the same with any other club... Maybe you left for Mt Buller in your 4WD in June and didn't come back till after the draft and hadn't noticed the amount of delistings and retirements we had...

the players didn't embroil the club in controversy it was the idiot development coach Malaxos!

Another quote from JADED.. "Given that this Freo thing involves a large number of players just speaks volumes about the state of that club."

again Jaded it involved 4 players from the club.. hardly a large number as you see it! Maybe 4 is a large number to a team that failed to reach 4 wins last season!

Then i had the pleasure of reading a post made by WHY YOU LITTLE.. Fremantle & Port Adelaide should never have been given a license to join the AFL. It is a disgrace. Both will become "Basket Cases" within 10 years particularly Port."

HAHA coming from a Melbourne supporter that makes me laugh!

Again correct me if I'm wrong.. although i know i'm not... If hawthorn members had been stupid enough to merge with your club in 1996 the "Demons" would no longer be in the AFL..

Your members and board were for it... Shame the Hawthorn members were not! Otherwise you may have broken you're 45 year drought for a cup by clinging onto a decent team!

Imagine that! Premiers instead of wooden spooners! Ah well don't live in the past ey...

As Bad as Fremantle are at the moment and will be for no doubt the next 2-3 years minimum.. we still have over another 30 years of terrible football to be played without a premiership to reach your level!

Don't get me wrong.. I have nothing against Melbourne supporters or the club in general.. In fact I attended the Freo Vs Melb game last year at the G.. and although we lost after a great comeback by your boys I enjoyed the game! To be able to walk out onto the grass of the G after the game and kick a footy with the demons supporters was great! Had it been Collingwood or Carlton chances are I would have been injured and abused before I left the ground...

I've said my part and would have posted this in reply to the Fremantle deserve the bottom thread had it not been locked..

Next time I'd suggest you have a good look at your own club before you throw stones..

I actually stand by what i said. The votes back in '96 were stacked. The Majority of Supporters were certainly not in Favour of a merger i can assure you. I suggest you read "The Red Fox" before saying another word about The Melbourne Football Club.

As custodians of the Original Rules of the game our Proud history extends a lot further than the Dockers.

As strong as your club is off field at this moment, unless your football dept gets its act together pretty quick i am sure sponsors and marketing will run to the hills rather than be connected to that Purple or white Jumpers. It would be very hard going out to battle wearing Purple (maybe thats most of Fremantle's problem.)

On the Eastern seaboard your club is regarded as a "Basket Case" by far more than just i

Oh & your club song is an absolute Disgrace, even you must agree with that!!

I look forward to any Game at the MCG against the Shockers (our true Home) Both teams are re biulding yes. Will Fremantle ever play the MCG in September? I have my doubts.

Where do i start...

Perhaps I'll start with what you will be able to tell by the time I've finished my rant... Yes I'm a dockers supporter!

to quote JADED.. "These morons are 0-4, and instead of concentrating on their football, they are pulling stupid stunts? It doesn't matter what they were dresses as, the point is, they are idiots to have embroiled their club in controversy... or perhaps it's a diversion tactic from their terrible on-field performances?"

correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it your team that had a 0-4 start last year?

And a team that is currently in the middle stages of developing a new younger squad you think would understand the same with any other club... Maybe you left for Mt Buller in your 4WD in June and didn't come back till after the draft and hadn't noticed the amount of delistings and retirements we had...

the players didn't embroil the club in controversy it was the idiot development coach Malaxos!

Another quote from JADED.. "Given that this Freo thing involves a large number of players just speaks volumes about the state of that club."

again Jaded it involved 4 players from the club.. hardly a large number as you see it! Maybe 4 is a large number to a team that failed to reach 4 wins last season!

Then i had the pleasure of reading a post made by WHY YOU LITTLE.. Fremantle & Port Adelaide should never have been given a license to join the AFL. It is a disgrace. Both will become "Basket Cases" within 10 years particularly Port."

HAHA coming from a Melbourne supporter that makes me laugh!

Again correct me if I'm wrong.. although i know i'm not... If hawthorn members had been stupid enough to merge with your club in 1996 the "Demons" would no longer be in the AFL..

Your members and board were for it... Shame the Hawthorn members were not! Otherwise you may have broken you're 45 year drought for a cup by clinging onto a decent team!

Imagine that! Premiers instead of wooden spooners! Ah well don't live in the past ey...

As Bad as Fremantle are at the moment and will be for no doubt the next 2-3 years minimum.. we still have over another 30 years of terrible football to be played without a premiership to reach your level!

Don't get me wrong.. I have nothing against Melbourne supporters or the club in general.. In fact I attended the Freo Vs Melb game last year at the G.. and although we lost after a great comeback by your boys I enjoyed the game! To be able to walk out onto the grass of the G after the game and kick a footy with the demons supporters was great! Had it been Collingwood or Carlton chances are I would have been injured and abused before I left the ground...

I've said my part and would have posted this in reply to the Fremantle deserve the bottom thread had it not been locked..

Next time I'd suggest you have a good look at your own club before you throw stones..

You have to be kidding me. You bag the hell out of the team, and then you say to us that I have nothing against Melbourne supporters or the club? WHAT!!!!!!!!!

As for the Mt Buller "JOKE" as a Freo supporter of your intelligence you would think that Mt Buller is in China.

A 12.5 premiership average, why don't you remind us of what Freo's is?

And don't go wandering into DemonLand, use a freo forum, if there is one! If not make your own and watch no one reply to your posts.

Your club is a joke, if you can't see that then ..... At leats our club is headed somewhere. Obviously you are feeling a little insecure to be checking what an opposition site is saying about your footy club (i use the term footy club very loosely).

We have been around for 150 years buddy, do yourself a favour and support a real club from the Wafl, one with a little bit of pride and substance behind it.

Obviously you have not been to perth ever..

The passion this state has for its footy is amazing.. the players are on tv, news, radio, billboards, coke machines, everywhere... bloody amazing..

Sure the club isnt preforming to what expectations were but hey it happens.

Well done to the freo supporter for sticking up for his club..

Probably the worst experience i have ever had at a football game was against freo though lol

it really suxed to be in the crowd in perth with the 400 other melbourne supporters and getting beaten.. oh well one day we will be back...

"The Red Fox" before saying another word about The Melbourne Football Club.

Of which the conclusion is, if it wasn't for an ex richmond bloke and a collingwood supporter we'd have 1 premiership total?

And that if you have something good, then surely a committee will come along and stuff it.

Reading it now, and Norm has just been sacked!

Well I'll buck the trend Typical Demon and say that I think it's a shame that supporters of opposition clubs are not respected and welcomed by those that post on this forum.

Your points are well made and your tone so much better than many here. But the nature of footy forum debate is childish adolescent "mine is bigger than yours" and many feel better if they can convince themselves that they are not "the worst". It's a shame they don't strive to be the best.

Melbourne has nothing to brag about and for as poor as Freo have been we are not in a position to gloat.

Good luck for the rest of the season, we all know what you are going through and it's not much fun. And for the record the KKK episode is a storm in a tea cup.

Reading it now, and Norm has just been sacked!

Worst decision ever made without doubt. The soul of the club evaporated, those responsible should forever hang their heads in shame.Stynesy could be the man to find it. Sure Hope so

Melbourne has nothing to brag about and for as poor as Freo have been we are not in a position to gloat.

Good luck for the rest of the season, we all know what you are going through and it's not much fun. And for the record the KKK episode is a storm in a tea cup.

Well said and completely agree!

Well I'll buck the trend Typical Demon and say that I think it's a shame that supporters of opposition clubs are not respected and welcomed by those that post on this forum.

Your points are well made and your tone so much better than many here. But the nature of footy forum debate is childish adolescent "mine is bigger than yours" and many feel better if they can convince themselves that they are not "the worst". It's a shame they don't strive to be the best.

:huh:

Did you read the same OP as I did? This guy is clearly here to stir the pot. He's invited the treatment he has gotten so far.

I'll talk footy with any opposition supporter who's genuine -- DaVe86 was a breath of fresh air around here the other week. That isn't what this thread's about.

I agree with this part of your post.

Bloody Hell is your name Ned Flanders!!! i will happily stick up for my club when i am under attack from a Docker supporter. You bet. That's what Footy is all about.

Thank god our jumper is not Purple with an Anchor on the front!

An Anchor is designed to make an object immobile is it not? Works well for Freo doesn't it. Let's hope they stay down a few more years yet & then we shall see how many members stick by them.

Bloody Hell is your name Ned Flanders!!! i will happily stick up for my club when i am under attack from a Docker supporter. You bet. That's what Footy is all about.

Thank god our jumper is not Purple with an Anchor on the front!

An Anchor is designed to make an object immobile is it not? Works well for Freo doesn't it. Let's hope they stay down a few more years yet & then we shall see how many members stick by them.

Here here, we are the mighty Demons, the Melbourne Football Club, we have been around a long time. Our pride has taken a battering but we are repairing the damage. I am fairly slow to criticise fellow Melbourne people but when opposition supporters get on our sites and attack our great club we have a responsibility to defend it.

I will not allow the apathetic MFC supporter myth to be perpetuated.

Here here, we are the mighty Demons, the Melbourne Football Club, we have been around a long time. Our pride has taken a battering but we are repairing the damage. I am fairly slow to criticise fellow Melbourne people but when opposition supporters get on our sites and attack our great club we have a responsibility to defend it.

I will not allow the apathetic MFC supporter myth to be perpetuated.

Thankyou How would i know what it's like to be a Fremantle supporter anyway, & would i want to!! Ime sure Carlton & Collingwood supporters don't wish each other Good Luck each year-Stuff that. The Fremantle Shockers can Burn in an old laundry cupboard out of sight & out of mind for all i care.

They must be of great humour to West Coke Eagle Supporters

Death's too good for them.