• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

People Who Live In Glass Houses Should Not Throw Stones

typical demons

Where do i start...

Perhaps I'll start with what you will be able to tell by the time I've finished my rant... Yes I'm a dockers supporter!

to quote JADED.. "These morons are 0-4, and instead of concentrating on their football, they are pulling stupid stunts? It doesn't matter what they were dresses as, the point is, they are idiots to have embroiled their club in controversy... or perhaps it's a diversion tactic from their terrible on-field performances?"

correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it your team that had a 0-4 start last year?

And a team that is currently in the middle stages of developing a new younger squad you think would understand the same with any other club... Maybe you left for Mt Buller in your 4WD in June and didn't come back till after the draft and hadn't noticed the amount of delistings and retirements we had...

the players didn't embroil the club in controversy it was the idiot development coach Malaxos!

Another quote from JADED.. "Given that this Freo thing involves a large number of players just speaks volumes about the state of that club."

again Jaded it involved 4 players from the club.. hardly a large number as you see it! Maybe 4 is a large number to a team that failed to reach 4 wins last season!

Oh dear.

So you've obviously come on here to have a cry, good on you.

For what it's worth, I would be (and have been in the past) just as harsh on my own players if they pulled something stupid like that. Not only that, if an assistant coach at Melbourne felt the need to talk rubbish on radio and pump up the stupidity of our players, I would be bloody furious. I mean that is as dumb as it gets.

Of course, had you actually read this forum, you would realise that the majority of us are harsher on our own club, than most.

Take a look at the Sylvia thread for a start to see how we feel about players who act like tools and implicate their club in it, maybe do a search back to when Brock, Rivers and Carroll got in trouble overseas... better yet, just read any thread involving Carroll.

No club is immune from idiots, both on and off the field. Individuals acting out is less costly to a club, than a group of players acting out, regardless of how large or small, as it immediately links that group to the organisation to which they belong (as it is the one thing they have in common).

That the whole thing was blown up in the media, is one issue, that players feel the need to act like idiots instead of concentrating on winning, is another.

Enjoy your time at Demonland, and I sincerely hope your mob gets its [censored] together and starts winning some games. We want picks 1 and 2... especially since we're less likely to trade them for the likes of Chris Tarrant ;)

By the way, you may think we are struggling on and off the field, but always remember that if it wasn't for us, your joke of a club wouldn't even exist. Thanks :)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you left for Mt Buller in your 4WD in June and didn't come back till after the draft and hadn't noticed the amount of delistings and retirements we had...

You come on a demons board and post this witless cliche? It's the oldest and least funny "joke" in football. And is a complete fallousy to boot. When you give [censored] to a clubs' supporters directly, try checking your facts.

Your members and board were for it... Shame the Hawthorn members were not! Otherwise you may have broken you're 45 year drought for a cup by clinging onto a decent team!

Imagine that! Premiers instead of wooden spooners! Ah well don't live in the past ey...

Again, get your facts straight. Our members and board were all for a TAKEOVER... NOT a merger. And your point about breaking a 45 year drought would be moot, as the Melbourne Demons would not have broken a drought, it would have been some other frankensteins' monster club. As for living in the past. At least we HAVE a past to cling to. How many flags is it TD? Actually, how many finals have you won? That would be 1 final, and that was against the club you're hanging [censored] on now. I suppose it would be unreasonable to ask a supporter of Freo to appreciate history... or football for that matter.

As Bad as Fremantle are at the moment and will be for no doubt the next 2-3 years minimum.. we still have over another 30 years of terrible football to be played without a premiership to reach your level!

HA! Well good luck for these next 30 years mate. FFC would kill to have the history we have. We average a flag every 10 years or so. At least we HAVE an average. Show some respect for one of the founding clubs of the AFL/VFL, who actually ARE responsible for much of teh fabric and culture of the game...

And you know the best part? For all the so-called issues you claim we have, we're closer to a flag than you are. That must sting.

I attended the Freo Vs Melb game last year at the G.. and although we lost after a great comeback by your boys I enjoyed the game! To be able to walk out onto the grass of the G after the game and kick a footy with the demons supporters was great!

And how are we supposed to respect you after you post this? I can't figure out what's worse. Either you're lying, which is stupid, or you're telling the truth and losing to the worst side last year in the second best ever half-time comeback was a POSITIVE EXPERIENCE for you? Wow. Only a Freo supporter.

Next time I'd suggest you have a good look at your own club before you throw stones..

Of all the stupid things to say. Have a closer look at the site. Jaded is in the top-two posters in the history of this site (in it's current incarnation)... WYL is pretty high up there too. Jaded.... and half the the posters on this site, have forgotten more than any Freo supporter would know. Besides, of course, that geek that was on the footy show a few years back.

I'm all for posters from other sites coming on and engaging in a bit of good-hearted debate. Believe it or not, we have even had the toothless wonder Joffa in here a few years back, and that was actually a lot of fun. Even he was respectful. Certainly a lot more respectful than you. It grates on me when Pies supporters come on the sites of other clubs who've been around for a while and claim supremacy, mostly because they use evidence like "How many flags" or "How many Finals" or "How many AFL/VFL wins..."

But when, of all things, a FREO supporter comes on and tries to pick fault with a club like MFC who have, in their history, enjoyed a period of supremacy that outweighs ANY, who has the award for MVP on Grand Final day named after their greatest coach, who have won a record 5 flags in 6 years... That's where I draw the line. When you bring your purple haze over to Victoria, where the game CAME from, and try to keep pace with the OTHER 9 clubs vying for position, then you can come on here and (politely) debate where the club stands. Until then, go back to Perth, where you compete with ONE club (and perennially come second-best) and try to lift yourself from being the league joke you are at the moment.

Rant over.

A note to the OP:

You, like every other interstate supporter, support a mutation of a team. You have no history, no class and no culture. No matter what you say, what you do or what you achieve as a club, you'll always only ever been seen by the AFL and the true home of football (Melbourne) as a money maker. Nothing more. Nothing less. But, as a supporter, you don't care about that. You care about success on the field. Unfortunately, Fremantle has had none. Zip. Ziltch.

You're in that town you call a city, and you come here and criticise our comments about your club. Well, my friend, we have a damn right. We have, as a club, plenty to gloat about, plenty to cheer about and plenty to celebrate about. You have nothing in 15 years. You, like every other Fremantle supporter, don't know what it's like to be a part of a successful and respected club. Do you think we care what the people in the desert think of us? No, we don't.

Now, go back to that 30,000 seat "stadium" with your purple jersey and your bordering homosexual mascot and watch your beloved Fremantle Dockers lose for the 300th time in 315 games. When you win 12 flags, exist for 150 years with little to no support from your governing body, break the home and away crowd record, win three flags, be coached by the most influential person in the history of the game AND win some games, then, and only then, can you come here and even remotely try to criticise us - Melbourne fans and the club itself.

FREOOOOOOOOOO HEAVEEEEEE HOOOOOOOOO

You wear a purple and green jersey. Honestly. Do you seriously think any professional club with purple and green as its main colours will ever be successful? You may as well wear a ballet uniform. Hacks.

Well I'll buck the trend Typical Demon and say that I think it's a shame that supporters of opposition clubs are not respected and welcomed by those that post on this forum.

You are entitled to your opinion.

I think it's fair enough, considering the opening post, that Mfc members and supporters are entitled to stick up for their proud club of nearly 151 years after an opposition club supporter has clearly stirred the pot.

Nasher makes a good point regarding DaVe86, who was both welcomed and respected.

HAHAHAHA oh man 3 cheers for the demonland posters who have ripped this guy to pieces LOL

Although i reckon people should ease up a tad, this guys probably driving to the west gate now

after he's read all this and woken up and realised who he is barracking for and what he

has just done!!! bahahahahah

Your points are well made and your tone so much better than many here.

Can't agree with that Fan. I guess your job is to facilitate discussion and give every member an equal opportunity to express their opinions, but I fail to see how TD's points were 'well made' and his tone 'better' than others.

FWIW I thought the posts in the other thread were extremely self serving and very hypocritcal (it was locked after all). Hence this OP. Now it's supposedly all about defending the honour of the MFC, and not kneecapping a distressed but passionate FFC supporter. Golf clap.

This is exactly what this clown wants. Please refer to my 'fact' list.

FACT The dockers are a joke.

FACT Purple is the most disgraceful color a team in any sport could possibly wear.

FACT It just goes to show the club is run by idiots when a person refers to that 'KKK' uniform as being 'A KKK Uniform'. Is the guy blind? How does he associate a ghost costume with a KKK uniform.

FACT You know your club is pathetic when your captain doesn't even want to play for you. You know you're even worse off when your coach starts drafting X Essendon players. You know your dead when you draft a player who can barely touch the ball and cries at a dislocated finger over players such as Rich, Dangerfield, Beams, Zeibell etc. (I'm speaking of your pic #3)

FACT People who support Fremantle can't really read and write, hence why he has not replied. Typical Demons, you probably got your highly motivated, more intelligent Melbourne supporter workmate to write the thread for you, however I doubt he'd waste his time bagging out his own club for the sake of a man who at some point has screamed out the words 'PURPLE JESUS'. My only suggestion behind this being written, is that you paid a colleague to write it for you in exchange for that precious Chris Judd playing card you have doubles of.

FACT There would be only one reason why a person would support Fremantle. And that would be because at some point you got sick of hearing about how beautiful and awesome the game was. This would have been about the time Fremantle was introduced. So you said to yourself 'Yes, this is my chance to support and follow a team in the AFL without jumping on any specific bandwagon'. This in turn leads me to my next fact...

FACT Fremantle supporters can assume to know more about Melbourne than actual Melbourne supporters, but in the end of the day we've had a supporters base for over 150 years. You've had one for barely 150 days, so don't pretend to know more about our club than we do considering you probably only started following footy when Freo were introduced.

FINAL FACT We in no way are attacking you! We are attacking your pathetic club and it's attempts to brainwash it's supporters into believing they are more intelligent than they actually are.

Oh and for those Melbourne supporters that can't handle the friendly banter between two rival clubs and fans, relax. That is the beauty of AFL. As much as I hate teams like Carlton (biggest example) I still have good mates that are Carlton supporters and there is nothing better than friendly club bashing which goes both ways. Take it easy and enjoy it, it's good for the blood pressure.

FWIW I thought the posts in the other thread were extremely self serving and very hypocritcal (it was locked after all). Hence this OP. Now it's supposedly all about defending the honour of the MFC, and not kneecapping a distressed but passionate FFC supporter. Golf clap.

CLAP.....pause......CLAP......pause.......CLAP

Oh and for those Melbourne supporters that can't handle the friendly banter between two rival clubs and fans, relax. That is the beauty of AFL. As much as I hate teams like Carlton (biggest example) I still have good mates that are Carlton supporters and there is nothing better than friendly club bashing which goes both ways. Take it easy and enjoy it, it's good for the blood pressure. - riiicky petterd

Indeed riiicky.

Then i had the pleasure of reading a post made by WHY YOU LITTLE.. Fremantle & Port Adelaide should never have been given a license to join the AFL. It is a disgrace. Both will become "Basket Cases" within 10 years particularly Port."

HAHA coming from a Melbourne supporter that makes me laugh!

Again correct me if I'm wrong.. although i know i'm not... If hawthorn members had been stupid enough to merge with your club in 1996 the "Demons" would no longer be in the AFL..

Your members and board were for it... Shame the Hawthorn members were not! Otherwise you may have broken you're 45 year drought for a cup by clinging onto a decent team!

Imagine that! Premiers instead of wooden spooners! Ah well don't live in the past ey...

As Bad as Fremantle are at the moment and will be for no doubt the next 2-3 years minimum.. we still have over another 30 years of terrible football to be played without a premiership to reach your level!

Don't get me wrong.. I have nothing against Melbourne supporters or the club in general.. In fact I attended the Freo Vs Melb game last year at the G.. and although we lost after a great comeback by your boys I enjoyed the game! To be able to walk out onto the grass of the G after the game and kick a footy with the demons supporters was great! Had it been Collingwood or Carlton chances are I would have been injured and abused before I left the ground...

I've said my part and would have posted this in reply to the Fremantle deserve the bottom thread had it not been locked..

Next time I'd suggest you have a good look at your own club before you throw stones..

Were you by any chance the complete & utter Moron who always "Rang the Bell" every single time Peter Bell got a Kick.??

"Hit 'em High Hit 'em Low Hit 'em with the old Pea Beau" Oh sorry that was an old fly spray commercial song-I thought it was your club song! Same thing though really isn't it..

"Around for 150 years... Great...

so a club that manages to get a premiership averaged every 12.5 years!"

hahahahahahahaha....that is better than your average in the AFL mate

....if they had one ;) !!!

Guest JACKtheRIPPER
Well I'll buck the trend Typical Demon and say that I think it's a shame that supporters of opposition clubs are not respected and welcomed by those that post on this forum.

Your points are well made and your tone so much better than many here. But the nature of footy forum debate is childish adolescent "mine is bigger than yours" and many feel better if they can convince themselves that they are not "the worst". It's a shame they don't strive to be the best.

Melbourne has nothing to brag about and for as poor as Freo have been we are not in a position to gloat.

Good luck for the rest of the season, we all know what you are going through and it's not much fun. And for the record the KKK episode is a storm in a tea cup.

agreed, i thought garry lyons story on pavlich was a bit disrespectful to fremantle, hes been a loyal player for them.

I happen to work with a melbourne member who informed me to the Freo bashing going on this site...

Around for 150 years... Great...

so a club that manages to get a premiership averaged every 12.5 years!

Fantastic considering you've been playing this game longer then anyone else in the competition and still don't seem to able to play!

You dandeeman are the typical Melbourne supporter that doesn't watch a game of footy when you lose but after 1 win against Richmond you've been a member for life..

I'm not here to get sucked into your trolling anymore... just to vent my appreciation of an old thread =)

Mateeeee you haven`t even won a premiership or been in one.

Where do i start...

Perhaps I'll start with what you will be able to tell by the time I've finished my rant... Yes I'm a dockers supporter!

to quote JADED.. "These morons are 0-4, and instead of concentrating on their football, they are pulling stupid stunts? It doesn't matter what they were dresses as, the point is, they are idiots to have embroiled their club in controversy... or perhaps it's a diversion tactic from their terrible on-field performances?"

correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it your team that had a 0-4 start last year?

And a team that is currently in the middle stages of developing a new younger squad you think would understand the same with any other club... Maybe you left for Mt Buller in your 4WD in June and didn't come back till after the draft and hadn't noticed the amount of delistings and retirements we had...

the players didn't embroil the club in controversy it was the idiot development coach Malaxos!

Another quote from JADED.. "Given that this Freo thing involves a large number of players just speaks volumes about the state of that club."

again Jaded it involved 4 players from the club.. hardly a large number as you see it! Maybe 4 is a large number to a team that failed to reach 4 wins last season!

Then i had the pleasure of reading a post made by WHY YOU LITTLE.. Fremantle & Port Adelaide should never have been given a license to join the AFL. It is a disgrace. Both will become "Basket Cases" within 10 years particularly Port."

HAHA coming from a Melbourne supporter that makes me laugh!

Again correct me if I'm wrong.. although i know i'm not... If hawthorn members had been stupid enough to merge with your club in 1996 the "Demons" would no longer be in the AFL..

Don't get me wrong.. I have nothing against Melbourne supporters or the club in general.. In fact I attended the Freo Vs Melb game last year at the G.. and although we lost after a great comeback by your boys I enjoyed the game! To be able to walk out onto the grass of the G after the game and kick a footy with the demons supporters was great! Had it been Collingwood or Carlton chances are I would have been injured and abused before I left the ground...

I've said my part and would have posted this in reply to the Fremantle deserve the bottom thread had it not been locked..

Mate get off our board we don`t care about Fremantle, we don`t care about Collingwood or Carlton. We care about the club that created the game, that is 151 years old, that has won 12 flags,which has at least won a game in 2009, has a culture and has a past and that is the Melbourne football club. Now get out of here.

CARN THE DEES

Guest JACKtheRIPPER
"Around for 150 years... Great...

so a club that manages to get a premiership averaged every 12.5 years!"

hahahahahahahaha....that is better than your average in the AFL mate

no offence nugget but we havnt won a AFL flag yet.

why are we attacking freo so harshly?

We people say negative stuff about us and that were jokes and should be relocated etc we crack the shits.

Obviuosly there struggling i dont no how long theyve been in the afl exactly but talking premierships its probly been twice as long since weve won our lost premiership.

Personally im not too keen on freo either but untill we start being succesfull on field wich i think isnt too long :D

I just recon some are over reacting with there comments.

I`m just having a go at him because he had a go at our club before thinking about his own. If he just said I want you to stop talking about my club like this and didn`t have a go at our club, then It would of been fine.

no offence nugget but we havnt won a AFL flag yet.

Yeah, lets get the true averages out

pre-vfa : lots (we were the invincible whites). average: dunno, pretty good.

vfa: none (i think). so equal to freo.

vfl: 12 in 93 years (or thereabouts). 7.75 years.

afl: 0 in 15 or so. so equal to freo

freo:

afl: 0 in 15 or so, so equal to melbourne.

I'll leave it to the reader's exercise (or the next poster)

to determine average finals appearances, and Grand Final appearances, in the AFL between the two,

but I don't think Freo are going to look too good there.

Are Freo the University of the modern competition. The stats are probably very similiar.

I think we won 6 VFA titles.

That leaves 18 over 150 years, roughly 1 in every 8.

Freo, 0 every 15 years.

Since Freo have come in:

Finals appearances

Freo: 2 Melb: 6

Semi Final appearances

Freo: 1 Melb: 4

Prelim appearances

Freo: 1 Melb: 2

Grand Final Appearances

Freo: 0 Melb: 1

Finals wins

Freo: 1 Melb: 6

(This is off the top of the head so apologies if it's incorrect)

Honestly couldn't we stop now bagging a club that we aren't all that concerned about......

While the original poster has his opinions, I really think that this thread has become a little pointless :rolleyes: