Team VS Collingwood

LeBron James

Demon_Tingles is indeed correct. Although I'm not sure about him being out for the season.. I was told to keep it as quiet as possible as well and I was told that we are probably looking at 12ish weeks..

We should be glad the docs found it now, otherwise it would've been Matthew Eganesq and that would be a disaster.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Demon_Tingles is indeed correct. Although I'm not sure about him being out for the season.. I was told to keep it as quiet as possible as well and I was told that we are probably looking at 12ish weeks..

We should be glad the docs found it now, otherwise it would've been Matthew Eganesq and that would be a disaster.

.......... kept very quiet so far :huh:

Guest petjud

I assumed this was what a forum was for the sharing of information and opinions, totally agree with both of our newsbreakers keeping it quiet but keeping us informed.

And if the 12 wks is true, we only have five rookies to pick from now, the coaching staff need to decide to not promote and leave the time for when Jamar is back so they can continue to use it for Spencer or give another kid a go, and which one, Valenti is another in and under player, we have three of them in McLean Moloney and McDonald in the team at present do we need another one promoted to sit at Casey anyway, Zomer, perhaps he needs the big stage, and the other three are brand new with Hughes on the injury list himself and possibly Healy, that leaves McKenzie.so a 50/50 choice

Once this is decided and AFL permission granted then it will be announced, besides it should start to hit the papers as Garland is not spotted training or rehab.

Why must we criticise other posters......is it for the sake of criticising....

Guest petjud
Why bring it up if you don't want to reveal that you know it?

What is this?..it is keeping us informed, besides that if somebody brings up an injury story that is not true and factual they are banned.....so it is a no win situation..what we should say to both posters is thanks for the information and let us know if you hear anymore..........there are too many posters on here lately who will jump down your throat if you do not toe 'their' line.....everybody is entitled to their opinion......

I think and i emphasise think that it is a stress fracture. He couldnt say as it was wednesday night and the afl hadnt announced it. Surely you understand that because if I was to talk to someone and a reporter or journo heard me the club would not be happy.

I believe if my memory serves me correctly that DT is in a very good position to know what is going on with Colin Garland. Unfortunately I think the information will be confirmed soon.

i dont get it...he pulled up soar and the doctors found something that needs to be treated, (unlike egan)

or he just pulled up very soar and will be out for twelve months???

why is it "lucky the doctors found it now?"

Guest petjud
i dont get it...he pulled up soar and the doctors found something that needs to be treated, (unlike egan)

If it is a stress fracture obviously you haven't had one, you can actually live with the discomfort, but being a footballer Col puts a lot of strain on it, and did not hesitate to let the medicos know, if it goes undetected and does not heal correctly this can cause even more problems as you continually fracture it and it never gets right.......I have done both a stress fracture in the foot and a broken ankle......the ankle was a lot easire to fix and rehabilitate......

Thanks to those who aren't stupid and believed me. As if I would make something up about a mate people need to calm down I didn't want him to be injured he is a mate I can only tell you what I have been told. No it is not a season ending injury so if you know something post it if you dont know dont say anything because it is just making us who do know look stupid.

from what i understand, it felt a bit tight/sore after the game on Sunday.. He informed club docs and they had precautionary scans on it.. Which found the stress fracture..

at the moment he wouldn't be in a great deal of discomfort but it has the potential to turn bad very quick.

With Matt Egan he kept playing on it and never got it attended to, which caused the injury to worsen to the point in which it is now. Almost inoperable, and despite all his confidence he will still be very lucky to be able to play on it in the forseeable future.

Col is very lucky they found it early

A stress fracture leave a person with a dull throbbing that doesn't hurt until after someone has finished playing on it. They take a long time to heal and it has to be remembered that the fracture is a weak spot on the bone that, depending on the bone, can easily turn into a messy fracture that is extremely difficult to mend.

Ok, ok.... you people have now got me worried enough to trade him out of my Super Coach squad.

trust me trade him he said he will be out for a while unfortunately it is an LTI

stress fracture of the bone that has ousted Egan thats why.....

If thats the case that COULD BE, if not handled very conservatively, career threatening.

Lets hope that they take it Cautiously with young Garland, & make sure he's fully recovered before he sets FOOT back on the training track.

Good Luck - Colin Garland.

#U&$ %^*T %^ ^&*^ (!^*$

WHY GARLAND :(

We really can't catch a break right now.

Garland was set for a great year, and our backline was finally starting to take shape. In fact, our backline seems cursed. Either we have hopeless defenders, or we find good ones and they're always out injured (Rivers, Whelan, now Grimes and Garland).

I guess the silver lining in all this is we'll get to promote another rookie and they might become a revelation (ala Aussie, Spence etc...)... and we're now even more likely to get those top 2 draft picks *ducks for cover* ;)

Guest petjud

The defence will be fine, Bennell will be even better this week, a bit small but the opposition never has all giants, there will always be a place, and Martin is being groomed as a utility ready to slot back into defence if needed and we have Wheatley on the way back, a good solid player, nothing flash, but I like some defenders like that......Rivers and Grimes when he is back will provide the drive out of defence whilst the rest hold it steady......I was always optimistic that the first four or five games we would at least match the opposition for most of the game and maybe sneak a win, but after that the improvement will be dramatic and we could actually win a few games really well.....as the preseason work really kicks in...my opinion hasn't changed...we can cover the injuries now, can never see us having less than 29 players each week to pick from

We really can't catch a break right now.

Garland was set for a great year, and our backline was finally starting to take shape. In fact, our backline seems cursed. Either we have hopeless defenders, or we find good ones and they're always out injured (Rivers, Whelan, now Grimes and Garland).

I guess the silver lining in all this is we'll get to promote another rookie and they might become a revelation (ala Aussie, Spence etc...)... and we're now even more likely to get those top 2 draft picks *ducks for cover* ;)

If this is not true then it's a disgrace.

If it is true, then extremely unfortunate.

Silver lining (as long as Col Completely recovers): We know Col can play at the highest level. He is our most promising star. We still have 4 key defenders, and this gives the chance for Martin and Frawley to really prove themselves because unlike Col, these 2 stilll need alot of work on their game.

Gives opportunities to others who we are unsure are up to standard.... Col will come back and continue to be a star no doubt, perhaps this could help improvement of Frawley and Martin

At least we know what he's made of, we now get to see what Martin has and also one of the other rookies.

Very sad though, wish him all the best

What is this?..it is keeping us informed, besides that if somebody brings up an injury story that is not true and factual they are banned.....so it is a no win situation..what we should say to both posters is thanks for the information and let us know if you hear anymore..........there are too many posters on here lately who will jump down your throat if you do not toe 'their' line.....everybody is entitled to their opinion......

Agree.

There is nothing wrong with posters putting up accurate information on this site. However they need to be careful that the information is provided in accordance with the Code of Conduct.

However there are some posters who have a track record of pushing "facts" which are no more than their opinion. Its a case of being used to separating the wheat from the chaff. There is alot of chaff on here.

But if a poster deliberately pedals information that is not true and is designed in someway to mislead users on this site, they can expect to be banned. There have been a couple of examples of this arise in 2009.