Well done Martin Flanagan

Rhino Richards

RR is my favourite poster on this site. Contributes nothing but is the first to critique.

He is also very good at quoting parts of text and responding to it, then quoting again then responding in his witty way. I'd take a Martin Flanagan article over a RR quote-text-respond combo.

RR is my favourite poster on this site. Contributes nothing but is the first to critique.

He is also very good at quoting parts of text and responding to it, then quoting again then responding in his witty way. I'd take a Martin Flanagan article over a RR quote-text-respond combo.

I wont hold my breath for your first worthwhile contribution either.

Your shallow analysis on Craig Cameron ( http://forums.demonland.com/index.php?showtopic=13999) showed you up in your true light.

BTW, it criticise not critique. You might want to focus on the sentence and see how ably you fit in that dim bucket.

I wont hold my breath for your first worthwhile contribution either.

Your shallow analysis on Craig Cameron ( http://forums.demonland.com/index.php?showtopic=13999) showed you up in your true light.

BTW, it criticise not critique. You might want to focus on the sentence and see how ably you fit in that dim bucket.

BTW it's 'it's' not 'it'.

BTW it's 'it's' not 'it'.

Hey RR what do all these blokes have in common?

Shanahan, Chisolm, Collins, Cook, Powell, Funcke, Pitt, Bizzell, Vardy, Ellis, Heffernan, Holland, Read, Poyas, Brent Williams, Pickett, Moorcroft, Motlop and Meesen.

He was in charge for 11 years (recruited 19 blokes over that time), now i apologise if this analysis is a bit shallow but that's just under 2 recycled players a year.

How many of those blokes were any good?

Cameron has been in charge for one year at Richmond, and look what happens.

Hislop, Thomson, Cousins and redrafted Gourdis.

How many of those blokes will be any good?

Also, I'd say they could have cut harder with their current list. But that's another story.

The Bode mistake was a strange one, but I don't think it's a hanging offence. I didn't think the article was particularly interesting though - the angle didn't really grab me. I have liked some of his Demons-related articles in the year though.

PS. I agree with those who liked the NM article.

The Bode mistake was a strange one, but I don't think it's a hanging offence. I didn't think the article was particularly interesting though - the angle didn't really grab me. I have liked some of his Demons-related articles in the year though.

PS. I agree with those who liked the NM article.

I agree. Careful Rogue. You'll upset the natives expressing a critical contrary view. :P

Also, I'd say they could have cut harder with their current list. But that's another story.

You made a meal of one thread. Please dont hijack another and do the same.

Guest JACKtheRIPPER

Jace bode would probably kick more goals than Bate at the moment :lol: as for the mistake in the AGE, wich is one of our sponsors and a great read, big deal, who cares, so what.

I agree. Careful Rogue. You'll upset the natives expressing a critical contrary view. :P

You made a meal of one thread. Please dont hijack another and do the same.

Good response RR, you didnt answer the question despite bringing it up.

I stand by that thread by the way, our ladder position for the past 2 years backs it up. So continue to back Craig Cameron and Paul Gardner till the cows come home big boy.

Note 2008 was the first year we didnt pick up a recycled player, coincidence??????

Let's hope your next 6,000 are as enjoyable as your first 6,000.

Jace Bode is such an obscure footballer, that it seems so strange that it was his name they mixed up.

Also, I think they were referring to Ricky as 'Jace Bode', because surely everyone who has half an interest in footy would know Fanta Pants by now! :D

The Age did a spread on inside the Coaches box at the Melb vs NM game. The paper had a big photo of the NM box with Rohan Connolly sitting up the back. In the paper the red and blue comes out yellow and blue

Can someone tell me where Martin Flanagan was when he compiled his story?

VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE NOT NECESSARILY ONE THAT PROVIDES ENLIGHTENMENT

"For three quarters, the Dees kept coming back. They lack a marking forward. Brad Miller is gallant, Jace Bode needs someone vigorous playing alongside him to create spaces for him."

Jace Bode???? I think you mean Matthew Bate.

Mistakes aside, i still liked the article & i like Flanagan's style. Don't knock Positive Demon stories. we need 'em.

Good response RR, you didnt answer the question despite bringing it up.

I stand by that thread by the way, our ladder position for the past 2 years backs it up. So continue to back Craig Cameron and Paul Gardner till the cows come home big boy.

Note 2008 was the first year we didnt pick up a recycled player, coincidence??????

Rivetting. Either sniping or gloating. You are a little gem.

Dont knock yourself out with the power.

BTW, I am glad you stand by the thread. Smarter people would have realised their folly.

RR, I usually find your posts sensible but this is clearly a sub-editorial mistake made by some kid put in charge as papers look to cut costs.

A really pointless and, at times, spiteful thread.

Deletion time, to save embarrassment.

RR, I usually find your posts sensible but this is clearly a sub-editorial mistake made by some kid put in charge as papers look to cut costs.

A really pointless and, at times, spiteful thread.

Deletion time, to save embarrassment.

I agree rpfc. I made the comment about The Age's layout and then thought it bizarre that a journalist embedded in the Club for some months would make reference to a player that was no longer on the list. The sub editorial mistake was not correcting Flanagan's error before it went to print. No one was bagging Flanagan but you would think he was being held under false arrest by the way its dredged up all sorts hoopla and hysterics from assorted heroic snipers and chest beaters from under their little rocks.

Amazing.

Guest JACKtheRIPPER
I agree rpfc. I made the comment about The Age's layout and then thought it bizarre that a journalist embedded in the Club for some months would make reference to a player that was no longer on the list. The sub editorial mistake was not correcting Flanagan's error before it went to print. No one was bagging Flanagan but you would think he was being held under false arrest by the way its dredged up all sorts hoopla and hysterics from assorted heroic snipers and chest beaters from under their little rocks.

Amazing.

your in fine form today rhino, will that be 1 shiraz or 2 champ. :lol:

Martin Flanagan's the best sports journalist in the country. What's more, he's writing a whole series of stories on Melbourne throughout the season. To think that some people can only focus on 'Jacegate' when's he's giving us the media exposure we've always craved is unbelievable.

Martin Flanagan's the best sports journalist in the country. What's more, he's writing a whole series of stories on Melbourne throughout the season. To think that some people can only focus on 'Jacegate' when's he's giving us the media exposure we've always craved is unbelievable.

Here Here. We have had very positive press over the last six months considering how bad last year was. Let's not lose it.

The point is that notwithstanding what the journalist might have done in the past, he's a professional and supposed to be writing for a professional publication. His standards are generally pretty high and he's entitled to the criticism for his errors and also to be given a bit of slack for the odd indiscretion.

Unfortunately, his newspaper has slipped enormously in its journalistic standards over recent years and is apparently in a bit of bother like many newspapers in this internet era. They're also one of our club sponsors but I don't expect them to renew when the contract's up.

Finally, I don't believe we should be reluctant to criticise an article for fear of bad press. I doubt whether Flanagan reads this and if he did I think he'd probably take the criticism on board (and go easy on Jace Bode in future).