• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Colin Sylvia- Complaints, Congratulations and Comments

Don24

I think the issue is not the game he played but the way he conducted himself immediately afterwards. OK its a preseason game but it was a very important game for the club. He should have been hurting, a quick hand shake and then off the ground to reflect on the loss. Just my opinion.

Bad case of missing the point.

His after game behaviour is the domain of the emotive supporter who wants to vent their spleen at something or someone however trivial. In this case its very trivial.

The way he played is the issue that should be sticking in people's throats. Seemingly not.

Occo's right in that he does have some time to redeem himself. But Sylvia is starting off a very low base of performance. And even his greatest apologists will be shrinking from support if he turns in another game like that.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His conduct post-game is not the issue for me, all summer i've heard he's been training the house down and is looking good, i would've thought he'd be itching to get out there and hit the ground running. He did not.

I will still be happy when he does good things, and i'll congratulate him accordingly, but i'm done waiting.

You people are going to look like real [censored] when he takes home the Bluey this season.

And it will happen, mark my words.

For your prediction to come true YM it would also mean that the MFC will have had another very poor season as most of our better players will have been injured or we will have been massacred in the midfield.

We would like to see Col. show some consistent performance at the next level as the first step.

I think the issue is not the game he played but the way he conducted himself immediately afterwards. OK its a preseason game but it was a very important game for the club. He should have been hurting, a quick hand shake and then off the ground to reflect on the loss. Just my opinion.

Its good that we finally have a list that if he is not performing a younger player should be putting pressure. So time will tell!

yep i understand that and was not happy about that at all. Its better to play in NAB cup games because u can get the supporters to the game, more recognised and play on better grounds therefore reducing injury and the like. That aspect of his game i was not pleased at all

Do any of you know that Sylvia has been struggling with OP for almost the whole time he has been with us, and this was his first full pre-season he has done in 2 or so years? Or in your eyes does that not matter?

well, ffs, rest him - or is that too obvious for you? wait a minute.....you're not colin are you? are you? if you are, how on earth did you manage to get CAC to reruit you? slipped him a few sheckels? and by the way, if this is his first pre season without OP, it reinforces everything - he can't play.

jumbalaya

Do any of you know that Sylvia has been struggling with OP for almost the whole time he has been with us, and this was his first full pre-season he has done in 2 or so years? Or in your eyes does that not matter?

Did you post the same thing last year?

He did a full pre season last year. I did not realise he was so tired after such a long pre season.

His problem is and has been between the ears. Its his sixth year on the list and the excuses are getting a little long in the tooth.

FFS if we got rid of everyone you guys think don't put in we will be left with a team of infants, much like this board.

Sorry, should we extend his contract now? :huh:

OK, simple question would CS get a game for the Hawks or the cats ATM with a fit list?

Most of our side ATM wouldn't Monty.

The issue is Sylvia making the progress that the Coaching staff expect of him. He has this year to make it happen. On form shown so far he is struggling. Ball is in his court as it has been for a while.

FFS if we got rid of everyone you guys think don't put in we will be left with a team of infants, much like this board.

Please correct me f I'm wrong, however I don't think everyone is frustrated with Colin because of his large lack of ability, everyone is frustrated about his mental preparation, and nonchelance about his and his teams constant non performance.

I hurt more after losing a game of squash wih a mate than Colin does after butchering an attempt on goal which eventually would have won us the game.

His problem is and has been between the ears. Its his sixth year on the list and the excuses are getting a little long in the tooth.

And that's basically one sentence that sums up Colin as a player. If he doesn't absolutely lock down a position (NOT just a spot in the team, there's a difference) by round 22, then we MUST trade him, even with our lack of maturity on our list. If his comes to pass, then the time has most certanily come.

People have been saying this for 2-3 years now, and I've not joined them in the past because I've made excuses for him, but even the blindly positive supporters like me now know he has this season to do something, and something big.

I agree that everyone is going overboard after 1 pre-season game against another team. Sylvia may turn into a handy player yet. Wait and see.

We've been waiting since 2004. He's played 70 games and as much as I rate his 'potential' ability he's probably been in our best 3 in those 70 games about 5-6 times.

And that's basically one sentence that sums up Colin as a player. If he doesn't absolutely lock down a position (NOT just a spot in the team, there's a difference) by round 22, then we MUST trade him, even with our lack of maturity on our list. If his comes to pass, then the time has most certanily come.

People have been saying this for 2-3 years now, and I've not joined them in the past because I've made excuses for him, but even the blindly positive supporters like me now know he has this season to do something, and something big.

Sylvia does not have and has never had trade value.

Given the current "dead" trading week process where Clubs are loathe to give up anything of value re draft picks who would be interested and what they give for a player who:

1. Has a long history of OP.

2. Has achieved stuff in all in 5 years of AFL footy.

3. Has exhibited off field problems.

4. Lacks footy smarts and nous.

A player of similar vintage and disappointing output is 2003 No 2 AFL draft pick Farren Ray. WB traded Farren Ray and pick 48 to St Kilda for pick 31. Does not value Ray at much given he has no OP and no known off field issues.

Who would part with a reasonable draft pick for Col given his record???

If Clubs want him they contrive it through the PSD.

Guest JACKtheRIPPER

what are they going to trade him for a can of coke,thats alls his worth,miller , sylvia ,and rivers shouldv been traded last season when they still had value.

what are they going to trade him for a can of coke,thats alls his worth,miller , sylvia ,and rivers shouldv been traded last season when they still had value.

Rivers was crippled with OP (and is still not playing) and has no trade value. Miller would have got you no more than Sylvia. Strange concept of value.

Guest JACKtheRIPPER
Rivers was crippled with OP (and is still not playing) and has no trade value. Miller would have got you no more than Sylvia. Strange concept of value.
even if they traded them for 3rd round pick we would better off than we are now,there would be 3 new kids on the list,those 3 would chew up about 700,000 a season in the cap, now thats strange concept of value, even 4th rounp pick would be better than those 3,hows the shiraz going today mate. :lol:

even if they traded them for 3rd round pick we would better off than we are now,there would be 3 new kids on the list,those 3 would chew up about 700,000 a season in the cap, now thats strange concept of value, even 4th rounp pick would be better than those 3,hows the shiraz going today mate. :lol:

Interesting that you would have liked to see our best tall forward in miller traded at the end of last year. This is the area that we are lacking the most and we don't have a brad johnson type player to fill FF.

Rivers value would have been NIL as RR stated and sylvia still has the rest of this season to prove himself. You haven't found a bottle of that red stuff a little early today?

I wouldn't trade Sylvia because as many people have said here, he has no value. There are some younger players just creeping up on him though, so he needs to put in or he will be dropped. I felt for a while that he should be in there, even when he wasn't performing great, to get him exposure. But we're past that point now, so if he's going to get bugger all of the ball in the game, he needs to at least be able to kick a simple goal.

BTW i agree with others here that his role in a team needs to be defined, is he a forward or a midfielder?

Guest JACKtheRIPPER
Interesting that you would have liked to see our best tall forward in miller traded at the end of last year. This is the area that we are lacking the most and we don't have a brad johnson type player to fill FF.

Rivers value would have been NIL as RR stated and sylvia still has the rest of this season to prove himself. You haven't found a bottle of that red stuff a little early today?

if there got no value mont they should be on a minimum wage,millers kicked 100goals in as many games,thats [censored], and hes still got 6 lengths on the other 2, the club holds on to players for to long, if you dont perform turn them over,im sober today mate. :lol:

Which club would have given a 3rd round pick for two OP stricken players and another who would be fringe in most other teams?

Clearly whatever you've consuming in the brown paper bag has given you the giggles and dissolved some critical cells. Keep slurping but stop when the walls start closing in. B)