Major Sponsor: The Red Cross

hoopla

Ok - lets do a bit of lateral thinking here. We can't get a paying sponsor... so why not donate sponsorship to a cause that everyone respects. If you don't like giving it away - ask for,say, $5 per game.

Melbournefc... proudly supported by the Red Cross " Give Blood"

Why the Red Cross?- because they are the front-of-mind organisation looking after the bushfire victims

It's not as stupid as it sounds.Just think of the publicity we would get amongst football and non football people. How many extra members would we get if we promised to donate 10% of the money to the Red Cross Bushfire Appeal?

What have we got to lose? I don't think the Red Cross would stand in the way of a paying sponsor who decided after Round One to jump on the bandwagon and come to the party.We'd just have to cover the cost of changing the logo on a set of guernseys!!

Sounds crazy - but better than a big empty space. What d'you reckon?

i like the idea of allowing a charity such as the red cross to utilise our sponsorship space on the jumpers up until the point where we come to terms with a suitable sponsor.

as long as it doesnt cost us anything.

It won't be a good look though. We'll support a charity until a sponsor with money comes along. Then you're out on ur arze red cross. Clubs need sponsorship and we can't afford to be 1 mil in the hole to support charity. It might work as a one off where we get media attention to the fact we're playing in a Red cross alternative strip for one week.

Maybe government could assist as a temporary sponser for jumper space "give blood". Certainly far from the silliest idea especially for the NAB Cup.

The Demons get a Government bail out because it cant find a sponsor! Given the financial climate and recent bushfire disaster I am sure the Government will gladly and willingly dip into the pocket. I mean really the Government is already looking at a $50 billion budget deficit what's a few 100,000 more.

This thread started off as silly and has got alarmingly more so.

To help out...maybe the AFL could sponsor us... They do have lots of money... :lol:

It won't be a good look though. We'll support a charity until a sponsor with money comes along. Then you're out on ur arze red cross. Clubs need sponsorship and we can't afford to be 1 mil in the hole to support charity. It might work as a one off where we get media attention to the fact we're playing in a Red cross alternative strip for one week.

Gee you would think we would actually be doing the Red Cross a favour from your note. :lol:

The Demons get a Government bail out because it cant find a sponsor! Given the financial climate and recent bushfire disaster I am sure the Government will gladly and willingly dip into the pocket. I mean really the Government is already looking at a $50 billion budget deficit what's a few 100,000 more.

This thread started off as silly and has got alarmingly more so.

To help out...maybe the AFL could sponsor us... They do have lots of money... :lol:

Look closely rhino - it was suggested just for the nab cub which could well be 1 game. Surely if we have no sponser a sml government contribution is better then a blank jumper

Look closely rhino - it was suggested just for the nab cub which could well be 1 game. Surely if we have no sponser a sml government contribution is better then a blank jumper

In the current economic environment and devastating damages done in the bushfires how the fv@% could any Government justify any taxpayer money to the MFC no matter how small?

Posters need to take off the blinkers and consider an opportunity not just from the perpsective of MFC's own limited good and think about sponsor implications.

The Public Sector and the Non profit organisations are not going to throw their valuabvle dollars at another definite non profit entity no matter how left field or out of the box posters want to label it.

The Club needs to focus on realistic and feasible options. And this thread has not uncovered any.

Maybe the bushfire victims could sponsor us.

Honestly guys, I think we should leave the sponsorship ideas to the General thread because 90%+ of us would not have a clue about how it all works

In the current economic environment and devastating damages done in the bushfires how the fv@% could any Government justify any taxpayer money to the MFC no matter how small?

Posters need to take off the blinkers and consider an opportunity not just from the perpsective of MFC's own limited good and think about sponsor implications.

The Public Sector and the Non profit organisations are not going to throw their valuabvle dollars at another definite non profit entity no matter how left field or out of the box posters want to label it.

The Club needs to focus on realistic and feasible options. And this thread has not uncovered any.

Disagree they (NFP orgs) will still be marketing their orgainisations through the different media. I have seen many adds for blood donations reciently and doubt very much that is free for them. Therefore for 1 or a couple of games there is a real marketing opportunity for all involved. We are not talking massive dollars here towards the club, but at market rates for advertising that would be doing anyway. i.e., Mutually benifical. If the club does not have a sponser for next week it would be silly to suggest that they would not be looking at these types of short term solutions. If they aren't they might as well be putting their heads in the sand.

Disagree they (NFP orgs) will still be marketing their orgainisations through the different media. I have seen many adds for blood donations reciently and doubt very much that is free for them. Therefore for 1 or a couple of games there is a real marketing opportunity for all involved. We are not talking massive dollars here towards the club, but at market rates for advertising that would be doing anyway. i.e., Mutually benifical. If the club does not have a sponser for next week it would be silly to suggest that they would not be looking at these types of short term solutions. If they aren't they might as well be putting their heads in the sand.

Its not the Club that is at issue. Its a plausible reason why an NFP or Government agency would "sponsor" a Club that has poor profile etc.

The adds put out by the Red Cross and other NFPs for blood donations and other community charitable causes are general widespread media. MFC does not fall in that category. Its a different segment and different impact and does little for the sponsor.

Maybe not as crazy as it sounds Rhino. My soccer team Sheffield Wednesday are doing something similar.

Owls donate shirt space

Thanks Vibes.

Its clearly a donation by the Owls without financial payment which some posters are wrongly believing is achievable.

I am also not across the financial position of the Owls or their funding sources so I cant put there action in clear context beyond what is written in the article.

Barcelona FC do something similar aswell, when they finally decided to get a shirt sponsor a couple of years ago, they decided to sponser unicef and put their logo on their tops, whilst paying unicef around 1 million a year or so, or something along those lines

Following on from the links to the Casey area,the MFC should start looking for a major sponsor that has a link to that precint.Maybe a "Bunnings" or some other large business.

Maybe they could find someone from this link:

http://www.casey.vic.gov.au/businessdirectory/?nav=tree

I disagree. Surely it's a positive thing for a financial sponsor to have their name alongside a reputable charity like the Red Cross.

People are becoming more socially aware. The act of providing free exposure to any charity would engender a sense of goodwill towards the MFC. Just look at how much exposure the Breast Cancer awareness game attracts.

The MFC is often depicted as an irrelevancy. An act like this will hopefully change people's perception of us being a club supported by a bunch of white collar snobs, to a club that has a social conscience.

In the vogue of once off special occasion guernseys if the club and AFL were up for it then if we are without a real sponsor..(or even if we do get one) then a jumper ..something along these lines could help the cause. All paraphenalia could be auctioned/sold and funds donated to the Red Cross

mfcredxct8.jpg

Thanks Vibes.

Its clearly a donation by the Owls without financial payment which some posters are wrongly believing is achievable.

I am also not across the financial position of the Owls or their funding sources so I cant put there action in clear context beyond what is written in the article.

The Owls (my other footballing obsession) are in serious financial trouble. Since being relegated from the Premier League they fell further to the old div 3 and are now back in the Championship (the step below the Premiership/old div 2). They are currently dealing with a 28 million dollar pound debt.

I sure can pick em!

I wouldn't mind having the Red Cross on our jumper in the NAB Cup if we haven't found a major sponsor yet. They should NOT be our major sponsor full time though. The club desperately needs revenue from sponsorships.

I agree.

I don't think it'd be seen like that.

Maybe the bushfire victims could sponsor us.

Haha.

In the vogue of once off special occasion guernseys if the club and AFL were up for it then if we are without a real sponsor..(or even if we do get one) then a jumper ..something along these lines could help the cause. All paraphenalia could be auctioned/sold and funds donated to the Red Cross

Yeah, I like it.

Could run it as our clash jumper (if a game would coincide with the appeal).