Demon membership on the rise

WonnaJurah

what do the membership cards look like?

are they supposed to be new each year like it was or are they doing what PG and SH tried to start last year, where u use the same card?

Hopefully they will be reissued. Those 'permanents' of last year were a real disappointment. Mine was mostly a pale gold colour - it had nothing of the club colours, no character or excitement. If I was not in the habit of keeping all my old memberships I'd ditch it without blinking.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest melbman

I got the call back from the membership dept re the reserved seating option I'd included in my memberships and I'm wrapped that there were spares and I'll be sitting in Dees supporters area again for the first time since probably as far back as the '80's

Can't wait and for only $50 or so

While the figures are extremely encouraging, I hope we're not just signing up a whole bunch of non-Melbourne supporters like North were last year. North have 15,000 dedicated members, if that.

34,000 included about 20,000 non-NM members and we'll see this year how many of those 34k weren't actually North supporters when they only get 18k members. I know 10 people who signed up last year who don't go for North.

If 90%+ of these 14k are Melbourne supporters, I'm happy.

While the figures are extremely encouraging, I hope we're not just signing up a whole bunch of non-Melbourne supporters like North were last year. North have 15,000 dedicated members, if that.

34,000 included about 20,000 non-NM members and we'll see this year how many of those 34k weren't actually North supporters when they only get 18k members. I know 10 people who signed up last year who don't go for North.

Mate i doubt there would be any neutrals signing on in the current economic climate.

Good point, but at this time of year with little to no advertising..? I severely doubt it.

Usually that sort of compassion is only inspired in opposition supporters when there is a threat of a club collapsing or moving interstate - after last seasons $3mil return from the Debt Demolition, we won't garner too much more sympathy.

I still know 5 people who are signing up for the first time by xmas (as presents for other people).

It's a fair point. For a few reasons I think more people are inclined to help the likes of North than of Melbourne.

I know 6 Melbourne folk who have signed up this year who only signed up because of Stynes and the new board. These are people who believe the club is finally making the right moves regarding it's future. All are MCC members and 5 have taken out full memberships. It's these people we need first and foremost, I mean they are lifelong MFC supporters who are finally getting on board, keeping them on board is the next job. That will take some hard work by the club from the players to the marketing staff. Then it's the new supporters to work on out at Casey. In my opinion we'll roll past 35,000 without any trouble. Jack Watts is worth quite a few on his own. Anything less would be dissapointing.

How much is a full membership?

Sorry, can't be bothered looking it up & I'm MFC/MCC

$160, you can pay monthly. Too easy. Buy a couple of Demon Heartland tickets as well. Then the club will really roll

Guest melbman
$160, you can pay monthly. Too easy. Buy a couple of Demon Heartland tickets as well. Then the club will really roll

I got the monthly and it is so easy on the pocket. good idea

Guest Schtacker
Unborn children probably make up our highest percentage of junior membership, because at that stage of their life they really don't know any better and have little choice but to be a Melbourne member :lol:

Yeah I reckon, there is probably no such thing as a dees supporter who wasn't forced by birth to be one!

fair enough, thats the same as the MFC/MCC premium membership i'm already on... or is that what you're talking about.

And i already bought 2 heartland tickets, i need to save some money for xmas presents now

hey guys Is there any other way to sign up? other than through the website? like phone?

ive been a member up until last year because i play footy now that im a senior i play saturdays (melbourne playing heaps on sundays) so im signing back up:D.

Thanks.

I checked Richmonds membership earlier today. 12,570 Game Day Members. That may be a little higher now that Cuz is on their list.

edit: - (18/12/08) Tigers signed on up to 1,600 members after Cuz arrived at Tigerland.

hey guys Is there any other way to sign up? other than through the website? like phone?

ive been a member up until last year because i play footy now that im a senior i play saturdays (melbourne playing heaps on sundays) so im signing back up:D.

Thanks.

Yep. Ring the club on 9652 1111.

Robbo will pick up the phone (don't get excited, it's a recorded message :D) and just follow the prompts.

I just purchased my new membership. The membership consultant Bernard was very helpful. I asked him how many members the club currently has and he said its sitting just on 16,000.

Its really great to see the club has passed the 15,0000 target it was looking for!

I just purchased my new membership. The membership consultant Bernard was very helpful. I asked him how many members the club currently has and he said its sitting just on 16,000.

Its really great to see the club has passed the 15,0000 target it was looking for!

35,000+ without even breaking into a sweat. I might have to up my original prediction of 38,000+ Wouldn't it be great if like Carlton we won the preseason comp.