TOM HISLOP

Adzman

All the rumors and innuendo have to start from somewhere though. Besides that there is also factual evidence to support what I'm saying:

- Hislop was suspended for missing a training session

- Hislop was admitted to hospital and required stitches to a knife wound

- Hislop was offered a 1 year deal but turned it down

- Essendon refuses to budge on that and let him go, citing attitude problems as one of several determining factors in their decision

- Hislop trained with Essendon on Thursday and is likely to do so until the drafts roll around but Matthew Knights is adamant the club will not redraft him

- Since being drafted in 2006 he has played 7 AFL games owing to injuries at the end of 07 and start of 08 coupled with poor form in the VFL and a string of suspensions

If Essendon really thought he was a total ratbag, then why is he still training with them?

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No idea.

Perhaps performing their 'duties' in looking after his welfare.

He is delisted and the club no longer need to look after his welfare, We are not looking after Jeff White, or Adem Yze, or Isaac Weetra's welfare, once delisted, the club has no further obligation other than medical if you suffered injury whilst still on the list.

Talent is a major but not sole criteria. More emphasis is being out on character. Its not a matter of choosing talent vs character. And whether a player is an introvert or extrovert is not one of the criteria. Introversion/ Extroversion is not a basis to assess and grade character. Its a matter of picking the best talented individual that you believe has all the tools to succeed as an AFL footballer. I guess the test is if you had two players of similar talent, one demonstrated the maturity and endeavour that you believe is required, the other one having a record of poor discipline, little focus and an immature attitude, which one would you take? Its a no brainer.

For someone who boasts such hiring experience and knowledge then you should realise what goes into recruiting top talent but dont demonstrate it. Its more than round pegs in square holes. And I would not call a face to face meetings with a number of people involved in a player's development reference checks. Its a silly reference.

The level of research that goes into recruting league footballers is far in excess what is done in many forms of business.

Granted but in the case where you are using your last selection for a list of 40 someone's talent might far outweigh a couple of indiscretions and it might be that you're prepared to bite the bullet and pick him. Steve Johnson was a case in point 2 years ago. Collingwood would have taken him despite his off-field problems but they thought his ankle was stuffed. Hasn't missed a game through injury since.

Every player deserves a second chance, and few get it. At 20 years old, I think he should be thrown a lifeline by the MFC. Would be happy to use pick 51 to land him if he were to nominate.

I am sure that the MFC will complete 'due diligence' on all possible draftees and all we can do is hope they get it right.

To be a successful team you need a couple of gun drafts, ie geat picking with a little luck thrown in.

I saw on BF a thread which showed if you ranked the top 25 on current performance from the 'Judd' draft the hawks and cats would have about 4 players each.

We will not know how last years draft panns out for say another 3 years but with luck 4 players will turn out as A's.

You've come to this conclusion reading a couple of football forums and a news paper article stating he had some off field issues, this to you means he is at the bottom end of the AFL population? ........you're some sort of authority on AFL footy behaviour when clearly your nothing more than an insidious internet sniper.

No Sleeve sniping is the role you are renowned for. Rather than brag you know someone on the inside to form one of your egocentric little barbs you might have used that as a basis to provide some credible information on Hislop. I guess its beyond you.

There is also a very real chance that he can....... I told his father today to read the crap you posted.... he had a chuckle and made the comment.. " That fellow played a bit of AFL did he.... "

Good name drop big guy! Didn't realise you were a mover and shaker in AFL circles. :lol:

Barak Obama called you yet for your draft tips legend.

No Sleeve sniping is the role you are renowned for. Rather than brag you know someone on the inside to form one of your egocentric little barbs you might have used that as a basis to provide some credible information on Hislop. I guess its beyond you.

I've provided some info on Tom, such as the fact he was offered a 1 year deal that he declined, well before it was public domain.

As for a well renowned sniper..... I'm flattered, you must be a great mate of the Flea's.

Good name drop big guy! Didn't realise you were a mover and shaker in AFL circles. :lol:

Name drop? lol...... I know Tom's family well and rest assured, your comments directed at Tom haven't gone unnoticed.

Is that the best you've got?

Name drop? lol...... I know Tom's family well and rest assured, your comments directed at Tom haven't gone unnoticed.

wait a sec. are you indicating that tom actually takes notice of what goes on on a footy forum?

Tom will play AFL in 2009. :rolleyes:

do you know with who? or do you know who the possibles are?

wait a sec. are you indicating that tom actually takes notice of what goes on on a footy forum?

I pointed Rhino's comments out to Tom's father, I wasn't talking about Tom reading them.

you know with who? or do you know who the possibles are?

Carlton, Collingwood and Hawthorn are all very keen to secure his services.

No Sleeve sniping is the role you are renowned for.

Watch out Rhino, before you know it your personal message box will be inundated with child like taunts ! I exposed the dropkick years ago for being a lightweight when it comes to footy discussion. Took offence for some reason.

He really does have trouble seeing passed that mound on his forehead to type the innocous comebacks.

(Flea, flea, Mr Sparkles, etc.)

Watch out Rhino, before you know it your personal message box will be inundated with child like taunts ! I exposed the dropkick years ago for being a lightweight when it comes to footy discussion. Took offence for some reason.

He really does have trouble seeing passed that mound on his forehead to type the innocous comebacks.

(Flea, flea, Mr Sparkles, etc.)

You continue to say that Hannabal, you actually had a crack at me about moderating, not footy discussion, the reason you got a message from me was that I was not on Demonology and it didn't need to be said in the public arena at Demonland. Nice variation of the facts, Flea.

Yes, Flea, because that is exactly what you are. I don't need to change my pet name for you because it works.

I got sick of arguing with your 55 alias' on Demonology, Blackduck, Dilligaf, lol who you claimed was your brother, that was a classic.

You really are pathetic Hannabal.... or should I say, Flea.

Carlton, Collingwood and Hawthorn are all very keen to secure his services.
I'm sure that any club that looks at him would look closely into what was behind the discipline issues he appeared to have at Essendon and whether these are issues that are deep-seated and serious and can/have been dealt with by the player. If he wants to have a long and successful career then I would suggest that he is already doing something about it (hopefully with the help of his family). After all, the adverse publicity he's been getting hasn't come from nowhere.

I hope that Melbourne does make contact and gives him some serious consideration. We have pick #1 in the PSD and a former top 20 selection would be worth aiming for if everything else about him stacks up properly.

You continue to say that Hannabal, you actually had a crack at me about moderating, not footy discussion, the reason you got a message from me was that I was not on Demonology and it didn't need to be said in the public arena at Demonland. Nice variation of the facts, Flea.

I never vary facts, and yes, your moderating was as much a joke as your football input. But that wasn't the reason for your cyber stalking. Talk about an infatuation. No wonder you've followed me over here.

Drop me another line and I'll send you an autograph.

Lightweight.

EDIT: in deference to Jack I'll desist from responding to your inane banter and use the ignore list for the very first time.

EDIT: in deference to Jack I'll desist from responding to your inane banter and use the ignore list for the very first time.

Demonland Ignore List

Yze Magic

Rhino Richards

Sleeve

Highly recommended.

I never vary facts, and yes, your moderating was as much a joke as your football input. But that wasn't the reason for your cyber stalking. Talk about an infatuation. No wonder you've followed me over here.

Drop me another line and I'll send you an autograph.

Lightweight.

Need I say more.