Melbourne wont rush in Sponsor

Mousey

Guest Toot182

I noticed that in the photos in the age today and in the footage of the interviews with DB.

Interesting that they are still using the gear with the iPrimus logos on there because I thought I'd read that the contract had expired. Probably better than having to spend the $$ on buying new gear without logos and then new gear again under the new sponsor...

I just hope Jimmy can get the contract signed soon :lol:

I noticed that in the photos in the age today and in the footage of the interviews with DB.

Interesting that they are still using the gear with the iPrimus logos on there because I thought I'd read that the contract had expired. Probably better than having to spend the $$ on buying new gear without logos and then new gear again under the new sponsor...

I just hope Jimmy can get the contract signed soon :lol:

I thought the same, but actually the iPrimus sponsorship runs until October 31st. After that, I don't know what they'll wear (unless we've a new sponsor by then).

Now Id be cynical to suggest "Melbourne wont rush in sponsor" actually means they arent exactly lining up in droves !! ;)

Nothing in concrete yet as the "meaningful proposals" are out there to a good level. I hope its at levels such as the ING's of this world. What a time to be looking at a new sponsor in the current economic times.

Hopefully Schwabby can weave some financial magic. The Casey Fields initiative would be an attractive proposition for a seeking sponsor wishing to push their brand into the market IMO.

I propose we approach Macquarie Bank about a $2 million sponsorship per year for 3 years. A highly performed New South Wales based bank that would want to further penetrate market share in Victoria.

$2 million is nothing for these major corporations. I bet they spend that amount on 'long lunches' each week for executives.

I propose we approach Macquarie Bank about a $2 million sponsorship per year for 3 years. A highly performed New South Wales based bank that would want to further penetrate market share in Victoria.

$2 million is nothing for these major corporations. I bet they spend that amount on 'long lunches' each week for executives.

Are you currently living in the same world the rest of us are in?

I doubt the current financial climate would have any bank giving out sponsorships, let alone an investment bank.

Macquarie didn't become the global powerhouse they are by pissing their money (however insignificant it may seem) away on half-baked basket cases like us.

Even with our 'silvertails' stereotype a major investment bank would know that a football club is not likely to net them an acceptable return on their investment. How many of the unwashed have a spare $10,000 to open a Macquarie term deposit?

We'd have to be near the top of the AFL food chain to avoid being thrown out by Macquarie's security.

It would really be something BBP, to be sponsored by them, but its totally unrealistic at this stage.

I doubt the current financial climate would have any bank giving out sponsorships, let alone an investment bank.

No point in not asking though.

I'm hoping the MFC is exploring every avenue possible and leaving no stone unturned in securing a lucrative sponsor.

Macquarie didn't become the global powerhouse they are by pissing their money (however insignificant it may seem) away on half-baked basket cases like us.

Even with our 'silvertails' stereotype a major investment bank would know that a football club is not likely to net them an acceptable return on their investment. How many of the unwashed have a spare $10,000 to open a Macquarie term deposit?

We'd have to be near the top of the AFL food chain to avoid being thrown out by Macquarie's security.

It would really be something BBP, to be sponsored by them, but its totally unrealistic at this stage.

Yeah Macquarie is probably unrealistic, but I would think the club would be better off targetting major firms (as Richmond have done with AIG who also sponsor Man United) as low profile companies may not be able to afford to '[censored] away' money in todays harsh economic climate.

Yeah Macquarie is probably unrealistic, but I would think the club would be better off targetting major firms (as Richmond have done with AIG who also sponsor Man United) as low profile companies may not be able to afford to '[censored] away' money in todays harsh economic climate.

I'm no marketer but with a name like Melbourne you would think we would be targeting companies that want to align their brand with this city. Maybe it's interstate comanies trying to get a foothold in Victroria? or what about Tourism Victoria?

I'm no marketer but with a name like Melbourne you would think we would be targeting companies that want to align their brand with this city. Maybe it's interstate comanies trying to get a foothold in Victroria? or what about Tourism Victoria?

Further to that Demon Jim, seeing that the Tasmanian Government is behind the Hawks. How about the Vic Government getting behind Melbourne in some way. How about the "Go For Your Life" - part of the Health & Education portfolio of the Victorian Government. Melbourne could help promote that. More importantly the Government could show some initiative to increase that campaigns awareness through the use of the Melbourne Football Club.

Got to think outside the square.

Im but a mere member of the public...not nearly as wise as the astute and adroit practitioners of advertising such as luminaries of that skill like Gardner an Co , nor George Patterson but I would have thought that an emerging Chinese consumer brand might be worth looking into. i.e..a new LG as it were; any company wanting to get their new name in front of people..exactly the same way LG has...funny that.

Car companies are a bit hard as tier one as Toyota gets all shirty. Geelong had Ford way before Toyota came on scene and thats why Geelong quite rightly and nicely tells everyone to get stuffed. New contracts cant.

Am emerging Finance company is also worth a look.

Actually you couldn't be more wrong. I know that the NAB is increasing sponsorships at the moment with several new programs being launched, we just pick our target areas to market to and unfortunately the MFC isn't one of them.

Actually you couldn't be more wrong. I know that the NAB is increasing sponsorships at the moment with several new programs being launched, we just pick our target areas to market to and unfortunately the MFC isn't one of them.

I agree... when times are hard etc.. the Financial marketeers start getting all antsy and want more market share of all those looking to refinance etc. strange but true !!

Guest jackas_backa
Nothing in concrete yet as the "meaningful proposals" are out there to a good level. I hope its at levels such as the ING's of this world. What a time to be looking at a new sponsor in the current economic times.

Hopefully Schwabby can weave some financial magic. The Casey Fields initiative would be an attractive proposition for a seeking sponsor wishing to push their brand into the market IMO.

Owwwwwkkkayyyyyy

Major Sponsor: Reject Shop

2nd Tier Sponsor: Local drug dealer kid

i agree

if anything how about a Government (of any kind) initiative

i know they are strict and it puts pressure on players but TAC??

or as High Tower suggested "Go Four Your Life" and Melbourne could help promote the National Physical Activity Guidelines around the country...

after speaking to greg swan the other day i am happy to see this. he said that we must pick our sponsors very carefully and not rush into the first company that offers us money. we have to try and create a mutually beneficial relationship with our sponsor.

this coming from someone who was involved with the winding up of fitzroy, rescuing collingwood and reviving carlton (who will be announcing a new jumper sponsor next week for those interested). i hope we have some like minded people at the head of our marketing dept.

i agree

if anything how about a Government (of any kind) initiative

i know they are strict and it puts pressure on players but TAC??

or as High Tower suggested "Go Four Your Life" and Melbourne could help promote the National Physical Activity Guidelines around the country...

don't think it'll happen cos as soon it'd be announced the media would bring up Brock's indiscretions of last year.

The Physical Activity one i love, but i'm not sure how much money the government are willing to throw into this area, and then how much would be allocated to advertising.

We need to find a growth area.. brainstorming.....

I'm thinking someone like GHD .. large scale engineering and architecture.. the latter part is relatively new and they need to get the word out... a million $ is pocket change & i know they are largely unaffected by the current financial situation