A message to Brent Prismall and Robbie Warnock.

Yze_Magic

Build a bridge...

Seriously, you'd think we just missed out on Judd all over again.

Prismall is slow and now has a dud knee, and Warnock has done NOTHING in this career thus far.

Gees I'm so glad to be so far away at this time of year :rolleyes:

Well said Jaded enjoy your break

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Instead of taking on a challenge of helping to rebuild a club that has won 8 games in 2 years, you took the easy option.

You are frontrunners of the highest order, and dont have the guts to accept a challenge.

We dont need mentally weak players at our footy club.

You are not men.

your a fool and to be totally honest an embarrassment to these boards

slagging off at players of this level not wanting to join our club is one thing but describing them as weak is ludicrous

Lets face it, where ever Prismall ended up, Essendon or Melbourne, he is looking at a fair stint before he gets near a premiership. In the end he was looking for greater opportunity and game time, and both clubs offered 3 years.

In the end he didn't want to go to the wooden spooner.

More game time? 1/3 of his contract will be spent on the injured list, and he'd get a game at the Dees anyway.

But yeah, you can have him. Hope he becomes a good player for you guys

Prismall - Very good player with a very bad knee injury........ will be about 80% of what he could have been IMO. (would have taken him with our 3rd rounder though)

Prismall, very good player? I think draft time has skewed peoples perceptions of players' abilities.

I look forward to footy season.

Perhaps a solid player at best, but i wouldn't call him "very good" especially after only 25 games in 3 years

This week makes me realize just how far away we must have been from picking up Chris Judd. For what it's worth, if it were me, there's no way I'd even consider not playing with my brother.

And it's not just the fact that Warnock didn't want to come to us, but that he absolutely bent Fremantle over by flat-out refusing to deal with any Club other than Carlton, who could then just dictate terms to the Dockers, knowing full-well that should Warnock have made it to the Pre-Season Draft, we'd never have picked him up, since no Club would want a player that didn't want to be there.

I'd just like to see that son of a [censored] beanpole jump into Sandilands for a whole game, then travel to Melbourne and have Mark Jamar and Paul Johnson go nuts at twenty or thirty center bounces. He'll be wishing for less game time soon, that's for sure.

As for Brent Prismall, I wish him all the luck in the world. I think he showed Warnock a thing or two about how to conduct yourself during Trade Week. Just keep your mouth shut and don't badmouth other Clubs.

I'm not bitter that Warnock didn't get here. I am upset, however, that he wouldn't even consider playing the next ten years with his brother, something I'd love to be able to do.

Do we really need a non-Melbourne supporter like this producing these types of posts trolling our forum?

Do us all a favour and put a block on it's ip address.

I actually think Eastie Boyz, despite what his user name suggests, is actually one of this site's better posters. Having said that, his post just then probably wasn't one of his greatest.

Prismall, very good player? I think draft time has skewed peoples perceptions of players' abilities.

I look forward to footy season.

Perhaps a solid player at best, but i wouldn't call him "very good" especially after only 25 games in 3 years

I didn't say he was AA standard did I ?

I would say a solid player and very good player were one and the same.

The 25 games in 3 years holds no water either.

He would have been a certain starter every game in any other team before his injury.

Instead of taking on a challenge of helping to rebuild a club that has won 8 games in 2 years, you took the easy option.

You are frontrunners of the highest order, and dont have the guts to accept a challenge.

We dont need mentally weak players at our footy club.

You are not men.

until MFC creates a culture of success on and off the field , '' good'' players will always bypass us for the carltons and essendons of this world. its been that way for a long time. dont blame warnock and prismall.

'

Guest red and blue thru n thru
Why, because you support them? :rolleyes:

FFS, these players owe the Melbourne footy club nothing.

Why don't we have a go at Jonathan Brown, Ryan O'Keefe, Paul Chapman etc for not leaving their clubs when they could to come and help Melbourne out?

I supose supporting them does come into it a bit lol.

But honestly if melbourne rebuilds properly. While essendon are trying to get there

they wont make it and fall of.

By then we should be done rebuilding and hav a good side in place.

Hopefully ;)

Simply sound business judgement by Prismall and Warnock.

Prismall = win

Warnock = win

Essendon = don't know, potential risk.

Carlton = don't know, big money for unproven player.

Melbourne = $700k/yr to spend elsewhere now. No risk of paying big money in out years for potential duds, eg. TJ.

Simply sound business judgement by Prismall and Warnock.

Prismall = win

Warnock = win

Essendon = don't know, potential risk.

Carlton = don't know, big money for unproven player.

Melbourne = $700k/yr to spend elsewhere now. No risk of paying big money in out years for potential duds, eg. TJ.

I agree, and that is what it sounds like coming from the club as well.......

Trade market too hot for Demons

Guest uncle joe

For 2 players that everybody says they never wanted at MFC , they sure are getting a lot of attention here .

This whole thread smells of very sour grapes . I realize there are not many positives at our football club right now , But we have to get used to that .

I can't see it changing in the next couple of years , until some of the young blokes we have and are going to soon have ,get some games under their belt .

2 or 3 years minimum .

So lets stop being whingers and sooks and get on with life !!!

I would have liked both - Prismall for Pick 35 and Warnock in the PSD.

But for $300k and $400k respectively? To a 22 year old with a suspect knee and a 21 fringe ruckman at the third worst club?

Connolly is right about precedence, I don't want any one of our promising kids pointing at a 22 year old at this club and say that he should be paid an equal, exorbitant, amount.

Guest big danny g

Ha ha ha. Welcome to the blue boys Robbie. Wise choice.

Until you guys get better as a club, you're not gonna land anyone. The fact a player chooses not to come to the Dees doesn't make them weak or gutless, they're just looking after there best interests. I wouldn't move to a team that's going to be down the bottom of the ladder for five years either.

Until you guys get better as a club, you're not gonna land anyone. The fact a player chooses not to come to the Dees doesn't make them weak or gutless, they're just looking after there best interests. I wouldn't move to a team that's going to be down the bottom of the ladder for five years either.

Their choices had far more to do with the dollars than with the sort of club Melbourne happens to be and since the $ on offer were greater elsewhere they made the same decisions you and I would have made in the same circumstances.

Given the issues with both players, their exorbitant price tags $ the fact they are both only 20 game players, they are nothings in the entire scheme of things. Let's move on to something more deserving of our time and effort.

5 years? Yeah... what was that like? That's fascinating how a fan can be proud of how his club tanks for five years to get the draft picks that lifted them off the bottom of the ladder, after cheating in the years before that. It never ceases to amaze me how Blues fans can still be arrogant, despite the fact that the words "cheaters" and "tankers" will be stuck with them for another decade yet.

And we all know how the big bucks worked for you in the past. Say hi to Dennis for me.

5 years? Yeah... what was that like? That's fascinating how a fan can be proud of how his club tanks for five years to get the draft picks that lifted them off the bottom of the ladder, after cheating in the years before that. It never ceases to amaze me how Blues fans can still be arrogant, despite the fact that the words "cheaters" and "tankers" will be stuck with them for another decade yet.

And we all know how the big bucks worked for you in the past. Say hi to Dennis for me.

What's even more fascinating is how any rational supporter (oh wait, theres the snag) can be happy at paying $400k of a rapidly dwindling (if not already burst) salary cap to a twig ruckman who has played 21 games and done stuff all.

Given that our ruck stocks are currently toxic, I would have been glad to get Warnock, but that amount of money is truly sick. This club has made some spectacularly pathetic and ultra-conservative decisions, on and off-field, over the years, but this is definitely one they got right.

What's even more fascinating is how any rational supporter (oh wait, theres the snag) can be happy at paying $400k of a rapidly dwindling (if not already burst) salary cap to a twig ruckman who has played 21 games and done stuff all.

Given that our ruck stocks are currently toxic, I would have been glad to get Warnock, but that amount of money is truly sick. This club has made some spectacularly pathetic and ultra-conservative decisions, on and off-field, over the years, but this is definitely one they got right.

I don't have a problem with any of that, but supporters having a go at players who have no reason to show any loyalty to Melbourne for accepting a better offer is ridiculous.

With Prismall for example, why would he accept $200k a year if he's being offered $300k? I know what I'd choose.....