Club Received From

Richmond

Adam Thomson

Port Adelaide

Port Adelaide Round three draft pick (No.42) Richmond

11:48AM 10/10/08

Club Received From

Sydney Swans

Rhyce Shaw and round four draft pick (No. 61)

Collingwood

Collingwood Round three draft pick (No. 46) Sydney Swans

12:00PM 10/10/08

Club Received From

Collingwood

Anthony Corrie

Brisbane Lions

Brisbane Lions

Round six draft pick (No. 93) Collingwood

12:02PM 10/10/08

Club Received From

St Kilda

Farren Ray and round three draft pick (No. 48)

Western Bulldogs

Western Bulldogs

Round two draft pick (No. 31) St Kilda

01:52PM 10/10/08

Club Received From

Essendon

Brent Prismall

Geelong

Geelong Round three draft pick (No. 39) Essendon

01:54PM 10/10/08

Club Received From

Carlton

Robert Warnock and round five draft pick (No. 69)

Fremantle

Fremantle

Round two draft pick (No. 24) , round four draft

Now i hope that we finish in top eight soonish to shove it up the players who didn't want to come here.

Show the pricks that our draft picks can get the job done.

What gets to me is-

We finished 16th! i would of thought there would be little amount if anyone that was untouchable.

Why the hell didnt we get rid of anything?

I am kind of disappointed.

What gets to me is-

We finished 16th! i would of thought there would be little amount if anyone that was untouchable.

Maybe becuase no-one wanted any of our anything......

Another very ordinary draft week for the MFC...i am so dissapointed in the club. I realise we wanted to keep our high drat picks but surely there was something out there that could have helped improve the MFC

Maybe becuase no-one wanted any of our anything......

That cant be it..

When you see players like Ryce Shaw and Ray getting traded, im sure we could give people more decent players than that.

I think our negotiating skills must be horrible and we must be expecting too much for players who were part of a 16th placed team.

Guest unstable punt
That cant be it..

When you see players like Ryce Shaw and Ray getting traded, im sure we could give people more decent players than that.

I think our negotiating skills must be horrible and we must be expecting too much for players who were part of a 16th placed team.

l just think that no-one wants to come to us, we have this reputation mainly spun by the media that we are going to be no good for the next 10 frickin' years, f%#k the lot of them, we will be back on track with our own young blokes in about 2-3 years

l just think that no-one wants to come to us, we have this reputation mainly spun by the media that we are going to be no good for the next 10 frickin' years, f%#k the lot of them, we will be back on track with our own young blokes in about 2-3 years

Judging by the Rhys Shaw and Anthony Corrie deals, i'd say there weren't any deals that WE were happy with.

Nothing wrong with that.

I'd be a lot more [censored] off if we traded a bunch of players for inadequate compensation.

THAT would be an indication we have poor negotiating skills

i'd rather we rebuild the club from the draft and in-house

The problem we have is that the MFC dont have enough $$$ to hire compotent people to work on things like trade week, i think you will find that CC is doing the job of three people.

You're saying Melbourne knowingly hired incompetent people? Interesting.

i agree with that YM

i am so glad we kept CJ and i want you guys to remember this and if im wrong i will wear the abuse...

if he stays injury free he will prove to be a super player and will come in the top5 in the B & F next year!!!

I wouldn't worry too much. I really don't think there was much to trade for. We have our picks and PSD in place. Brent Prismall has a bung Knee, Okeefe a highly inflated price. We Didn't lose Green, & nobody knows how good or bad Warnock is. Definately not worth 400 k. Carlton may regret that one. So all in all i think MFC was quite wise. Remember if there is no interest in Bell or Carroll that's that. MFC can't give them away. Think toward the Future-we will improve.

What gets to me is-

On the flip side, it can mean we have a poor list of ordinary senior players that no one wants (and we're not willing to trade away our youngsters).

It's not like we were the only Club to fail to find a suitable deal - North were shopping around a few players and didn't get any takers.

i agree with that YM

i am so glad we kept CJ and i want you guys to remember this and if im wrong i will wear the abuse...

if he stays injury free he will prove to be a super player and will come in the top5 in the B & F next year!!!

CJ is out of contract.

Could walk into the PSD on the way to WC or Freo.

On the flip side, it can mean we have a poor list of ordinary senior players that no one wants (and we're not willing to trade away our youngsters).

It's not like we were the only Club to fail to find a suitable deal - North were shopping around a few players and didn't get any takers.

Correct. Six ordinary trades across 16 clubs.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.