Trade Rumours

Dee tention

Several clubs are reported to be keen on Brad Green. However, the only club they mentioned (Port Adelaide) gets my tail up!

Package him with an Aaron Davey or Green, Bell and Pick 19 and I believe that will get us Pick 4.

Brent Prismall is almost certain to move and is likely to be a Demon. Reported we will offer him 3 years. Kangaroos the only other club to be keen in his services.

Richmond is likely to give West Coast a 2nd round pick for Seaby. Thats good news. I hope we dont get him!

O'keefe is favoured to go to Essendon. Sydney likely too land Lovett, but also keen on Stanton.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest paxino27
Several clubs are reported to be keen on Brad Green. However, the only club they mentioned (Port Adelaide) gets my tail up!

Package him with an Aaron Davey or Green, Bell and Pick 19 and I believe that will get us Pick 4.

Brent Prismall is almost certain to move and is likely to be a Demon. Reported we will offer him 3 years. Kangaroos the only other club to be keen in his services.

Richmond is likely to give West Coast a 2nd round pick for Seaby. Thats good news. I hope we dont get him!

O'keefe is favoured to go to Essendon. Sydney likely too land Lovett, but also keen on Stanton.

I'm glad to hear we most likely wont get Seaby, not interested in him at all! Heard him say he wonted to go to a club who's permiership window was open in the next feew years and that isn't us anyway.

Prismall would be fantastic, would like it if we could get him in the PSD instead though of the trade period.

No way should we trade Green/Bell/19 for pick 4. That's three players for one! And pick 4 wouldn't even secure us Rich or NikNat to go along with Watts.

If we get pick 4 it will be one of the best things our club has ever done.

I just dont see how it will happen.

What would you rather?

Watts and Vickery?

or

Watts and Sidebottom?

Or

Watts and something else?

Me = Watts and Vickery

What would you rather?

Watts and Vickery?

or

Watts and Sidebottom?

Or

Me = Watts and Vickery

Watts and Yarran for me.

Guest paxino27

What would you rather?

Watts and Vickery?

or

Watts and Sidebottom?

Or

Me = Watts and Vickery

Watts and Vickery for me also, closely followed by Watts and Hartlett before I'd go Watts and Sidebottom or Watts and Yarran.

It would be a steal if we could get Pick 4 for that!

Hannibal was right when some people believe that "Crap + Crap + Crap = equals a first round pick".

Port give us pick 4 and MFC gives them....

1. Green - 28yo MOR midfielder is worth a 2nd round pick on his own.

2. Bell - Six year NQR who is worth no more than a 3rd round pick on his own.

3. Pick 35.

Port would be nuts to do the deal.

From an MFC perspective, where do we sign?

Hannibal was right when some people believe that "Crap + Crap + Crap = equals a first round pick".

3. Pick 35.

Green and Davey for pick 4 would be great, but I'd probably be happy with pick 8-12 for these two

Include the steak knives, add Sylvia and settle for pick 20-25.FFS,you've gotta be joking!!!!!!

Keep the steak knives, Morton's going to need them, Happy to keep Colin. To get another high pick in this draft we're going to have to offer something better than Bell and pick 35. Green is looking around, add davey and we might snare a top pick. These are difficult times and we need to look at what the list needs.

3. Pick 35.

Trade time - the 12 most annoying, exacerbating, frustrating things you are certain to see is one of the best posts I've seen at Big Footy. A headline summary is below. The idea of trading Green, Bell and Pick 35 for pick 4 clearly fits No. 1 (or No. 4).

No. 12: Crazy 3- or 4-way trades that involve about 15 players and 10 draft picks.

No. 11: We should get him because he would come cheap.

No. 10: Wanting to trade for a player as soon as he comes good.

No. 9: We should trade a prehistoric player to get a youngster because he isn't going to be around when we next challenge.

No. 8: Someone has just signed but "it doesn't mean he can't be traded".

No. 7: We should offer <insert spud A> to <insert team X> because they are lacking in <insert spud A's position>

No. 6: They may be interested in trading him after having a poor year.

No. 5: We won't trade for that superstar because we may miss out on a 15-year player with that pick.

No. 4: We should trade uber-spud + pick for a better pick.

No. 3: You will have to trade with us or risk losing him in the PSD.

No. 2: The rumour-mongering.

No. 1: Quantity does not equal quality (You can't get gold with a piece of crap. And 2 pieces of crap doesn't make it more appealing.)

Ryce Shaw- not on the trade table

Hawks- officially interested in ROK

Daniel Harris- officially on the table

Demons- confident demons will resign and are looking to improve draft position

There you go mo64.

confident Green will resign rather...

Bulldogs officially forced to use pick 14 on Ayce Cordy

Plenty of interst in T.Boyle of Hawks too. Dogs are circling but may not have the pick available....yet.

Green is looking around, add davey and we might snare a top pick. These are difficult times and we need to look at what the list needs.

Neither Green nor Davey would command a first round pick on their own.

To get a pick # 4 you have have to be prepared to trade a player who the other side is befitting of a No4 quality.

Its no good giving them a showbag of NQR players with anyother titbits thrown in.

The lack of quality of your MFC proposal is not camouflaged by quantity.

Read Maurie's post.

To get a pick # 4 you have have to be prepared to trade a player who the other side is befitting of a No4 quality.

Its no good giving them a showbag of NQR players with anyother titbits thrown in.

I think Davey could get a pick around 10-15 and Green possibly 15-20 provided they met the trading club's particular needs. Other than that I agree.

We have nothing (save Cale Morton and our no.1 draft pick) that clubs would be interested in taking a package for pick 4. If we want a PA pick, 22 is the one to go for.

I don't quite understand the notion of; this player could get us pick 10-14, or this one 15-20.

For instance, Kit i udnerstand you generality, but in terms of this draft, Green fetching a draft pick between 15-20. 4 of those picks are WC and Melbourne. You wouldn't think WC want him. The other two clubs are the Cats and the Hawks, where there has been no speculative interest.

I just don't think you can say this player wil get x pick.

If a club rates a player as being better than what they think they'd get with a first round pick, then they'd give up their first round pick for him IMO.

I don't quite understand the notion of; this player could get us pick 10-14, or this one 15-20.

For instance, Kit i udnerstand you generality, but in terms of this draft, Green fetching a draft pick between 15-20. 4 of those picks are WC and Melbourne. You wouldn't think WC want him. The other two clubs are the Cats and the Hawks, where there has been no speculative interest.

I just don't think you can say this player wil get x pick.

If a club rates a player as being better than what they think they'd get with a first round pick, then they'd give up their first round pick for him IMO.

It is merely an estimate of approximate value in terms of the draft. Both the ones I mentioned are probably best (realistic) case scenarios though.

For instance, if Ross Lyon wants to get rid of Nick Dal Santo and we wanted him, I'd try for say pick 35 and Green and see how that went, because Dal Santo would be worth a higher draft pick than Green.

I tell you what RR. I'm not trying to be smart by saying this, because often you are spot on. But if Jordan McMahon can be traded to Richmond for pick 19, these two could at least be considered a chance to command a first round pick on their own. In particular, Aaron Davey.

I tell you what RR. I'm not trying to be smart by saying this, because often you are spot on. But if Jordan McMahon can be traded to Richmond for pick 19, these two could at least be considered a chance to command a first round pick on their own. In particular, Aaron Davey.

No, on the contrary, I think Richmond were just incredibly stupid to pay that much over what McMahon's real worth is.

Having said that, another club may be prone to a moment of insanity