Jim Stynes

mordiboy

Jim Stynes will be interviewed on radio 88.3 Southern FM today at approx 12.30 pm TODAY - tune in from 12.20 to make sure you do not miss out!!!!

For those who cannot tune in via the radio, listen in by via the web - www.southernfm.com.au

The color of our new alternative jumper will be one question asked.

If you have a question, let me know

Go Dees 2009

Jim Stynes will be interviewed on radio 88.3 Southern FM today at approx 12.30 pm TODAY - tune in from 12.20 to make sure you do not miss out!!!!

For those who cannot tune in via the radio, listen in by via the web - www.southernfm.com.au

The color of our new alternative jumper will be one question asked.

If you have a question, let me know

Go Dees 2009

Waiting, waiting....

well?...

It was ok, nothing new. Talked about the MCC a bit and how they have responded well to the 'tick a box' option to renew. Mentioned they need Melbourne members to renew now rather than later - to that I say - "send me my membership info, can't renew without it!"

It was ok, nothing new. Talked about the MCC a bit and how they have responded well to the 'tick a box' option to renew. Mentioned they need Melbourne members to renew now rather than later - to that I say - "send me my membership info, can't renew without it!"

Too bloody true !!

Always amuses me..( In an annoying fashion ) that we cant immediately purchase memberships for 2009..before Christmas hits and we're playing catch up footy with the bills for months after..lol.

Offer a wee incentive to do so..even tao part payment with a small discount or even 2 pens !! ( joke..!! ) but have this option available NOW !!

I agree Suzanna..all very well asking us to do it...but we cant !! Bloody stupid if you ask me .

Too bloody true !!

Always amuses me..( In an annoying fashion ) that we cant immediately purchase memberships for 2009..before Christmas hits and we're playing catch up footy with the bills for months after..lol.

Offer a wee incentive to do so..even tao part payment with a small discount or even 2 pens !! ( joke..!! ) but have this option available NOW !!

I agree Suzanna..all very well asking us to do it...but we cant !! Bloody stupid if you ask me .

Remember a couple of years ago all early renewals would get their name in the season guide? At the time, my daughter was still going to the footy & got a real buzz out of seeing her name in the book. It would have cost the club very little, and if it encouraged early renewals, then I think it was good value. Little stuff like that could be on offer. It doesn't have to cost the club much, but often that little feeling of 'belonging' means more than stickers or souvenirs!

Or.. dare I suggest.. If they were available BEFORE Christmas.... they could be given as presents!!

Come on Melbourne..lets get a bit lateral !!

In Melbourne for a brief period so for once was able to tune in.

As previously mentioned, a pretty straight forward interview but good of Jim to be on I think.

- Debt demolition: Stated that $3million raised already and hoping to be close to debt free before the start of next season.

- Spoke of the past rift between MCC/MFC, but that the new board was seeking a closer bond. He mentioned that the MCC had responded well to the new board and were being very co-operative.

- Also mentioned that a good number of people were coming back to the Club, past players included. mentioned the Mates of melbourne initiative which seems to have had a good response.

- Mentioned a meeting that he had with the AFL regarding our clash jumper. Appartently our jumper clashes with 5 other teams. In the meeting it was agreed that us having a red clash jumper is indeed an option. There was the possibility that our jumper might clash with one other team and if this is found to be the case we might come up with a "one off" alternate jumper. AFL were happy, it would seem, for us to have a predominately red clash jumper.

- When asked what Dee fans had to look forward to in 2009 Jim mentioned the opportunity for us to see an exciting group of players continue to develop. He singled out Jack Grimes who he believes is going to be a great player. Said we were looking to draft some exciting "kids" and suggested that we were really gathering a group to develop as a team.

Hope your as excited as I am about the long term future of the club. 2009 to be another year of development.

Hope your as excited as I am about the long term future of the club. 2009 to be another year of development.

Long term PLAYING future is just about all we have to look forward to, because short term is very painful! Interesting that he aims for us to be close to debt free by the start of the 2009 season. We must be living off homebrand all the way!

Long term PLAYING future is just about all we have to look forward to, because short term is very painful! Interesting that he aims for us to be close to debt free by the start of the 2009 season. We must be living off homebrand all the way!

Havent you heard...... RED and BLUE is the new BLACK and GOLD !!! :lol:

2009 will be alright. i still think that getting rid of players that played years under daniher is the way to go, because half our team were getting the message from bailey. a year of learning what dean wants- a ful proper pre season, and we will have a much better year- we might finish 16th- but if we win 6 or more next year, i'll take it

we might finish 16th- but if we win 6 or more next year, i'll take it

A lot of people here wouldn't agree with you there, especially if we finished 16th again. Way i figure it, i'm not going to get upset about something i can't control. I'll celebrate our wins, and dissect the issues in our losses.

I expect marginal improvement, but we're a young side, and that being the case i don't think it'll happen over night.

Bloody oath. Show me where to sign Jimma...alternatively, ring the club and do it over the phone people!

Guest Golgothan
I think renewals will be sent out in October.

yeah i think it was about that time last year. I know renewals are always sent out pretty early as they usually offer you the membership at this years price instead of the new price if you pay before a certain date.

I have paid for 2009 membership already as part of the MCC deal. I have even received a letter from Jim saying all the goodies will be sent out before christmas.

I too have paid for my 2009 membership with the mcc deal but have not received anything regarding the goodies....