Carroll, Holland in Mad Monday scuffle

Satan

that's a good result since it was supposed to be $2m when the old board packed it in!

Indeed. I thought the debt was looking like 4.7M after this season (3M previously + 1.7M this year). If we've cut that to 1M, we'll only be around 1M in debt.

Although Holland, who suffered facial injuries after reportedly attempting to put Carroll into a taxi, has told the club he suffered the damage in a fall, the club has received reports that Carroll pushed or punched his teammate after a heavy drinking session.

I'd be happy enough to see the Club delist Carroll if they think it's warranted. For those complaining about the payout, we're going to pay his contract either way, and if reports are correct then we may as well pay it out now, and bring in a kid (for relatively insignificant expense).

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be happy enough to see the Club delist Carroll if they think it's warranted. For those complaining about the payout, we're either going to pay his contract either way, and if reports are correct then we may as well pay it out now, and bring in a kid (for relatively insignificant expense).

True. How much will a drafted players wage be? 30-40K.

Also do first rounders get the same wages as 5-6th round draft picks. Considering we'll be be using 5th or 6th pick if we delist Carroll.

The impression from C.Wilsons article that won't go away is that the political scenario in and of itself cost the club 1m. "the Demons will lose more than $1 million after a tumultuous political scenario" This would mean an additional loss on top of the forecast. Theres no qualifier of the 'for the year/annual' nature anywhere to be seen in reference to the loss. It doesn't gel with prior reports of PMacs sacking being revenue neutral (or better given his replacement was doing it for free) .. so .. what? Overthrowing the board and replacing Gardner cost us 'more than $1 million' ?

I took a different read to that.(article) Originally at beginning of year it was forecast that we may indeed end the year with a modest 500000 to Im in the bank. This has gone totally belly up and we look to lose a million instead. The differential is still the same 2M thats constantly bandied around.

The confusion in all this I feel eminates from number some use direct from projections and others which simply come from the ledger.

Any which way ...we're losing money this year ( amount to be announced at AGM, one supposes) . The Debt Demolition must help with it all and better the interest payments if nothing else.

I have to disagree with you there J. It has been one of the worst seasons ever let them blow off the season with a blow out.

I don't care that he was out drinking, I care that he can't handle his alcohol and that his drinking caused our club negative publicity.

Players can go out and party and celebrate and let their hair down, they can't however get intoxicated beyond control, especially if they know they act like complete morons when drunk.

Carroll's behaviour on Mad Monday, plus his many previous indiscretions which people may or may not know about, make him a complete waste of time for the MFC.

You're kidding yourself if you think Carroll just had one too many beers, and Holland slipped over and that's the end of the story.

Mad Monday or not, excessive consumption of alcohol amongst professional MFC footballers should not be tolerated.

Unfortunately excessive consumption of alcohol is what happens on Mad Monday's. That's what makes "Mad Monday's" so popular.

Anyone who knows the whole truth and nothing but the truth........PM me... ;)

When I heard it on the radio I was worried that it was Sylvia or McLean but when I heard it was Carroll I was wrapped if it wasn't over before it must be over for him now. If you're going to be a [censored] off the field you better be awesome on it and Carroll has been disgraceful this year. Good riddence Carroll you spud. If he doesn't go then Bailey should go Carroll is a waste of space and if we have a clown like Cameron giving 3 year deals to duds like Meeson and Carroll then they should leave too.

Unfortunately excessive consumption of alcohol is what happens on Mad Monday's. That's what makes "Mad Monday's" so popular.

And yet every other Melbourne player managed to behave themselves and stay out of the media. Therefore, their alcohol consumption, while I'm sure very heavy, was not excessive. You only get into trouble and start acting like a tool when the amount of alcohol you've consumed, starts to consume your personality and your behaviour.

At their age, every single footballer should know their tolerance to alcohol.

When I heard it on the radio I was worried that it was Sylvia or McLean but when I heard it was Carroll I was wrapped if it wasn't over before it must be over for him now. If you're going to be a [censored] off the field you better be awesome on it and Carroll has been disgraceful this year. Good riddence Carroll you spud. If he doesn't go then Bailey should go Carroll is a waste of space and if we have a clown like Cameron giving 3 year deals to duds like Meeson and Carroll then they should leave too.

And yet every other Melbourne player managed to behave themselves and stay out of the media. Therefore, their alcohol consumption, while I'm sure very heavy, was not excessive. You only get into trouble and start acting like a tool when the amount of alcohol you've consumed, starts to consume your personality and your behaviour.

At their age, every single footballer should know their tolerance to alcohol.

Thanks for your input Poindexters. Now leave your dummys with your teddy when you go outside.

No hestitation to delist players who develop a negative club culture in this age of media scrutiny

Players have got to remember that they are representing the MFC on and off the playing arena

If i was coach he would have had his locker empty the following morning

I'm all for moving Carroll on if our club could afford it, but I would also like to know where some supporters draw the line.

Why is Carroll necessarily gone, yet Mclean and Sylvia seem to earn "another chance" each time? Because they're young, or because they're better players?

I'm all for moving Carroll on if our club could afford it, but I would also like to know where some supporters draw the line.

Why is Carroll necessarily gone, yet Mclean and Sylvia seem to earn "another chance" each time? Because they're young, or because they're better players?

No doubt you make a good point

I know plenty of blues supporters who cringe at the antics of Fevola

In my team its a zero tolerance result but i am from the Norm Smith School

this 3 strikes crap really irks me

Carroll has more misdemeanours than Sylvia and McLean put together. He is in a different league to the other two. His continual social problems this year and at his age suggest the exit door is next.

Carroll has more misdemeanours than Sylvia and McLean put together. He is in a different league to the other two. His continual social problems this year and at his age suggest the exit door is next.

I think Rhino, you must be very close to what's happening down there. I know not of his 'continual social problems'. I just think he has some grunt on the footy field.

That's not to say say he should not go.. we can forget how he kept the backline together through 2006-7, if he needs to go, he goes. Don't spend my demolition donation on his contact payout though.

I just don't want baby prima donnas on this forum killing the guy because of a (publicly known) total of 3 less than satisfactory drinking sessions in the last 12 months.

And where was the dildo????

My question relates more as to where people feel the line should be drawn.

There are a lot of people saying "Carroll should go" etc. but I couldn't imagine them saying it if Mclean got into a barfight again in the offseason.

FWIW I agree about Carroll, and I'm happy for him to go.

But it is very hard to put a social baromoter on a footy club.

Who cares really, one plyer has a few too many to drink on mad monday, another player falls over trying to help him. i mean most of our supporters are tools unfortunetly. Some people really need to get a life! its no suprise it was carrol and miller, there the only two to show some fight on the ground!!!

Was bruce hiding in the corner?

paying out carroll would cost next to nothing. imagine he is on a $500,000 a year contract (which he is not). we have two choices:

-he stays on the list next year, gets $500,000 from us, and barely plays an afl game because he isnt as good as some of our other youth.

or

-we delist him and pay him out $500,000, we draft an extra player (say 3rd round) who gets paid $35-40,000, maybe plays a few games, but most important speeds up the devlopment of our young list.

option b seems to be the best option for the footy club and only costs us the price of a 3rd round draft pick.

I doubt very much that Chops is on anything like that.....maybe half of that at best..and seriously doubt that also. He hasnt been ( ever) on the same shelf as the Bruces, Yzes, Whites, Robbos etc

I doubt very much that Chops is on anything like that.....maybe half of that at best..and seriously doubt that also. He hasnt been ( ever) on the same shelf as the Bruces, Yzes, Whites, Robbos etc

no i realise he isnt on anywhere near that.

my point is, that it doesnt matter what HE is on. if we pay him out, the only costs incurred are the costs involved with getting a new draftee. whether chop earns 10k, 100k or 500k it makes no difference, we have to pay him anyway, and he isnt worth a spot atm.

mate :) am happy for the club to write the cheque..

or maybe we could get as high as pick 90 for him :rolleyes:

Who cares really, one plyer has a few too many to drink on mad monday, another player falls over trying to help him. i mean most of our supporters are tools unfortunetly. Some people really need to get a life! its no suprise it was carrol and miller, there the only two to show some fight on the ground!!!

Was bruce hiding in the corner?

Really, where did he come from???

And for what its worth we all know what mad Monday is, and no-one will ever or should ever get in the way of players going out and enjoying themselves and clearing their heads of a truly crap year, but why does this have to happen? I mean I know how it happens but why? It is plainly stupid and when you are who this lot are getting into public scuffles, brawls or whatever does not just reflect badly on you, but on the club and frankly I've had enough of this kind of crap.

I do however hope that the rest of them enjoyed their end of tour booze haze, cause it could well be a very long pre-season!!!

This point here is incremental cost. Paying him out, or keeping him is 'a wash'.

If he goes off the list we pay a new kid. What ever that costs is incremental.

Then we lose 'child support'. Our young guns need people to look up to in a football sense.