Lance Franklin v Brendan Fevola

H_T

Lance Franklin v Brendan Fevola  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For the record Lance Franklin is on 94 goals. Brendan Fevola 90 goals.

Hawthorn have West Coast (Subiaco) this week. Carlton have Brisbane (Gabba).

Then Hawthorn and Carlton both meet at Telstra Dome, Round 22.

For me I think Franklin could do it this week against West Coast, although Darren Glass might have a say in that. If he doesnt against the West Coast he will definitely get the ton against Carlton.

Fevola needs 10. If he doesn't get 5 or more this weekend I think he might fall just short IMO.

With the people running out, I think it is a disaster just waiting to happen. All it takes is one person (lunatic), sure the players will try and protect the player concerned, but they shouldn't have to, it is their workplace, not the general publics. Should the AFL look at a hefty fine or life ban perhaps? Do we need to erect fences along the boundary?

Because that will come if some lunatic decides to go out and hurt a player. How many people or opposition supporters don't like Brendan Fevola? What if someone broke his jaw when running out after he kicked a ton? The AFLPA, and AFL will come down hard because of legalities, fences might be considered...

Your thoughts....

I have a strange feeling that Franklin will be 'rested' for the Hawks trip to Perth.

Will still kick his 100th in Round 22 or the first final.

Sadly, that [censored] Fevola will get to 100 as well. His teammates will go to him at every opportunity over the next 2 weeks tp make sure it happens.

Has one game of footy ever had two players from opposite teams kick a ton?

Good question. Someone will know, unfortunately I can't help you with that curly one. All I know is its been a while since a ton was kicked. I think Matty Lloyd was the last. But it could well be the first time ever if both do it in Round 22.

When Dunstall and Lockett were going at it hammer and tongs they may have gone close, but I doubt whether it was in the same game or even same round.

Good question. Someone will know, unfortunately I can't help you with that curly one. All I know is its been a while since a ton was kicked. I think Matty Lloyd was the last. But it could well be the first time ever if both do it in Round 22.

Fraser Gehrig was the last in 2004.

Because that will come if some lunatic decides to go out and hurt a player. How many people or opposition supporters don't like Brendan Fevola? What if someone broke his jaw when running out after he kicked a ton? The AFLPA, and AFL will come down hard because of legalities, fences might be considered...

Your thoughts....

Of course it should be allowed to happen. As a fan, now, in 2008 we have never been so removed from the game as we are now. There is so much that is rediculasly legislated against in footy ( as a fan ) and this is just another example.

I will never forget the day when Plugger kicked the 1300 and seeing addoring fans (and others for a piece of the action) running on in celebration. Its a wonderful throw back to the 'good old days' of footy.

Do you seriously think that anyone would be stupid enough as to go and kick in the head of a footy player. Dont worry about teh life ban, the criminal and civil chargers that would be laid would be huge. No one is that stupid. Or at least I have faith that no one is that stupid.

Currently, there is a massive fine and possible life ban for anyone that goes onto the ground. the MCC and AFL will be really pushing that in weeks to come, but you cant possibly police that.

I really hope for both of them, and as a fan, that they both kick their 100 in round 22 in an absolute battle royal!! It would be amazing to watch.

But he did it in the Preliminary Final against Port Adelaide, didn't he?

I'm talking about a home-and-away game in which two players on opposing teams both got the ton.

No, chook, read it again. All I said was I thought Lloyd was the last to kick a ton, and Yze_M chimed in saying that it was Gehrig, that's all. We don't know yet the answer to your question. Even if it has happened or not.

No, chook, read it again. All I said was I thought Lloyd was the last to kick a ton, and Yze_M chimed in saying that it was Gehrig, that's all. We don't know yet the answer to your question. Even if it has happened or not.

Yeah, I know. I was just asking if I remembered correctly about Gehrig. When did Lloyd do it?

Fraser Gehrig was the last in 2004.

Yes, but he kicked his 100th in the PF against port.

I hope Fevola gets stranded on 99.

As for Buddy, they won't rest him, he will just make sure he only kicks 5 so that he is pretty much guaranteed to get his 100th in Melbourne in front of a big home crowd.

of course supporters shouldnt be allowed to run onto the field. thats not to say they wont, or that i discourage it. but if you say 'supporters are allowed onto the field mid game' then there are all sorts of problems.

franklin should get it. he misses easy ones at the best of times, but will lift when he realises he needs to kick the goals or miss out.

Fev won't get there. Buddy will, probably in Round 22 but considering how bad West Coast are there's every chance he'll get it this week.

As much as I love running on to the ground, and would probably do so if the opportunity arose, I don't think it should be allowed: there is every chance that amongst the hundreds of 'good' people who will run on to the ground there could be 1 or 2 'bad' people who have the intention of hurting a player. It mightn't Buddy (or whoever) either. I guess this is more of a chance now that the media have been talking about it.

As much as I love running on to the ground, and would probably do so if the opportunity arose, I don't think it should be allowed: there is every chance that amongst the hundreds of 'good' people who will run on to the ground there could be 1 or 2 'bad' people who have the intention of hurting a player. It mightn't Buddy (or whoever) either. I guess this is more of a chance now that the media have been talking about it.

DO you seriously think this would happen??? With security and players around- they wont even get close to key players.

They certainly shouldnt be permitted- but they shouldnt be penalised.

100% for Franklin (42 votes) - That's pretty conclusive so far.

54% for Yes

46% for No

We're almost split down the middle - should fans be allowed on the ground after 100 goals are kicked by a player in a season. Interesting.

I noticed today Brett Ratten said he'd play Fev up the ground so the Blues wouldn't always kick it to him going into their 50. Wonder if this is a ploy to stop him getting the 100 so he's got more motivation for next year?

If Rats does that to him, Fev would wish he never signed....

I hope it's a close game and that Brendan Fevola kicks 100 goals AND Lance 'Buddy' Franklin kicks a 100 too!

Let the fans run on the field (twice even!). It's all part of the game.

I wish David Neitz kicked 100 goals in a season so I could of ran onto the ground too! :(

There will probably be nearly 70,000+ at this game.