• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Jim Stynes on Footy Classified

Jaded No More

Exacyly Pipefitter. Curly questions need to be asked.

Quite pathetic really..get him in the chair and its all airey fairy..nicey nicey...Only caro wanted to venture anywhere near serious questioning..and people have a go at her...sheesh!!

Either they are still deciding what to do, or yet to sign, trying to work out a better deal, or waiting for tonights meeting at regarding Casey Council, hence the non-committal to MRS.

Possibly somehting in this. Youd think it only nudges one way or other as opposed to deciding it.

That could be the case. Which would mean perhaps a "Boutique Stadium" at Casey......we'll get a clearer picture as this week progresses

Its very easy for us all to get a little carried away with this as it appeals immensley. However...we seem to be the only ones who are remotely pushing this idea. Lo and behold even Vlad broaches the subject..all after his annointing of our new pres.. Good job I dont subscribe to conspiracies !! :rolleyes::lol:

Its very easy for us all to get a little carried away with this as it appeals immensley. However...we seem to be the only ones who are remotely pushing this idea. Lo and behold even Vlad broaches the subject..all after his annointing of our new pres.. Good job I dont subscribe to conspiracies !! :rolleyes::lol:

I wonder if Hutchy will be hiding under the Board table tonight? Or in a bin around the corner? He's probably already bugged the room for tonights meeting and will be sitting in his van outside reporting live to SEN and Channel 9, whilst snacking away on his Krispy Kreme's.

Guest Casey Whispers
I wonder if Hutchy will be hiding under the Board table tonight? Or in a bin around the corner? He's probably already bugged the room for tonights meeting and will be sitting in his van outside reporting live to SEN and Channel 9, whilst snacking away on his Krispy Kreme's.

Scorpions and Saints was one of the worst relationhips just based on the conflict between Saints bringing back players through VFL and there playing requirements and the desire of Scorpions wanting to win matches. Finally began to work well this year with Hutchy as a memebr of Saints coaching staff and balancing both agendas very well - probably why it came as a surprise to Scorpions when new sandringham/saints allinace was announced.

Irony in all of this is that Melbourne Fc will be moved in at Casey Fields in November 2009 while Saints move to Frankston stalls with no design or location finalised!!!

No boutique stadium in next 5 years...would need large private investment (maybe AFL after Gold Coast and new TV deal cash comes in). definitey NAB Cup match in March 2010 and from there on. Probably a regular Round 1 annual match v Hawthorn or Saints. Train station will go to indoor aquatic complex 500m up the road...wait for next state election.

A boutique style arena can be embellished in stages. We only need be able to seat 7 1/2 to ten with others around ground in old fashioned way to be viable.. Can build more seats as time /need warrants.

No definite location has been decidd upon for station.. but any which way 500m is nothig to walk..is closer than G to Richmond !!

Yes..the Sainters do seem seem to have shot themselves in both feet hey !! lol..Go Scorps !!:D

Jim just comes across as such a polished presenter in situations like this.

Other people come on this show and look like amateurs harbouring a grudge, Jim always seems to answer passionately and honestly

Are you being serious? I really think that he needs some media training.

To me, he doesnt come across polished at all.

I'm wondering if you could tell us what broke down with the St kilda and Casey relationship?

Why were they considered as having one of the worst AFL/VFL relationships?

Basically, the idea of having club affiliate side in the VFL was to stay geographicaly close to your affiliate side. St Kilda and Beach road is teh obious choice. Obiously tehre is alot more to it than that, but thats pretty much it.

I know, it doesnt make much sence, Melb being all the way down in Cranbourne, but as they all say, geographicaly, we dont have an identity.

Are you being serious? I really think that he needs some media training.

To me, he doesnt come across polished at all.

Wondering if G.Lyon & J.Stynes layed doen the law to Hutchy and Caro prior to the interview and told them what NOT to ask.....It was not a "no room for the faint hearted" type interview.

:huh:

Scorpions and Saints was one of the worst relationhips just based on the conflict between Saints bringing back players through VFL and there playing requirements and the desire of Scorpions wanting to win matches. Finally began to work well this year with Hutchy as a memebr of Saints coaching staff and balancing both agendas very well - probably why it came as a surprise to Scorpions when new sandringham/saints allinace was announced.

Irony in all of this is that Melbourne Fc will be moved in at Casey Fields in November 2009 while Saints move to Frankston stalls with no design or location finalised!!!

No boutique stadium in next 5 years...would need large private investment (maybe AFL after Gold Coast and new TV deal cash comes in). definitey NAB Cup match in March 2010 and from there on. Probably a regular Round 1 annual match v Hawthorn or Saints. Train station will go to indoor aquatic complex 500m up the road...wait for next state election.

casey whispers. if the mfc/casey allignment was to take place, do you see the casey side playingfor caseytrying to win matches, or do you see the casey side acting as a development side for the mfc, while trying to win matches.

ie if the mfc had a young player that we wanted to train in a specific position, would he be allowed to learn that at casey, or would casey expect to play him where he plays best in order to win the match?

The bubble doom looks less and less likely every day. IMO we will move our Change rooms to the Southern stand and these will be upgraded and we will be the sole users of our rooms. The football and Admin will have offices at the MCG and we will have a social club at the MCG. We will train on the MCG once a week in winter weather permitting full time Casey all other times.

We are claiming back the MCG.

The bubble doom looks less and less likely every day. IMO we will move our Change rooms to the Southern stand and these will be upgraded and we will be the sole users of our rooms. The football and Admin will have offices at the MCG and we will have a social club at the MCG. We will train on the MCG once a week in winter weather permitting full time Casey all other times.

Dr Drake, is this all fact?..........or IYO?

Offices in the un-used change rooms at the G and training at the new stadium and one of the surrounding ovals. Training regularly on the G will not happen.

3 months a year out at Casey and occasional sessions during the year.

That is what I have gleaned from the reports.

This has been discussed on here before. It's a great idea. It has been reported that they are holding regular discussions with the MCG so I was surprised Caroline didn't ask Jim about it, as it's very relevant in relation to bubble dome. I reckon Jim's plan is to move the football dept. back to the MCG, train at Gosch's and occasionally on the hallowed turf. Along with Casey we'd be seen to be moving "Home" and joining a community I wonder what the time frame on the Southern Stand Redevelopment is?

He's doing good the Bigfella!

So much too-ing and fro-ing going on....Casey, Bubble Doom, G...,.Boutique Stadia,. ..Gosch's Paddock.,,..whatever the decision(s) are let's just hope its the one that suits the club and then let the dust settle and let's get on with the coaches and players working and knuckling down for a Premiership!

COMMENT: The Mfc players would get jack of the travelling I'd imagine.

It's a toss-up between travelling a long way vs having to constantly jump from place to place for different kinds of training, team meetings, and so on.

It would probably mean less travel time for leadership group and coaches in particular.

And never underestimate the annoyance of constantly having to plan and double-check you're schedule. Some Demon players have literally turned up at the wrong place because they missed an update message.

They'll be right.

Any accountant correct me if I'm wrong but the travelling for training is tax deductable. I think because MFC office is located at the MCG the players work place is the MCG so to travel to training is classified like business usage.

It is all my opinion only but to clarify I would like to see the developement of one of the old changerooms in the Southern stand into our players only change room no other club, move the lockers, a social club in the Northern Stand until the Southern Stand has a room suitable and the Football department move into the offices.

Any accountant correct me if I'm wrong but the travelling for training is tax deductable. I think because MFC office is located at the MCG the players work place is the MCG so to travel to training is classified like business usage.

Correct! However, they would actually be required to travel to casey from the offices. So it could be a bit of a pain if they really do want to claim it.

So much too-ing and fro-ing going on....Casey, Bubble Doom, G...,.Boutique Stadia,. ..Gosch's Paddock.,,..whatever the decision(s) are let's just hope its the one that suits the club and then let the dust settle and let's get on with the coaches and players working and knuckling down for a Premiership!

Changes of board's, CEO's and Presidents will do that. I think they call it instability. Having said that I'd say we might just be on the right track.

Our players travelling to Casey for preseason training is no different to the Tiges players having to travel to Craigieburn for their preseason training, or Saints heading to Frankston full time, Hawks at Waverley etc etc.

And with Eastlink up and running now, it's a better drive compared to what it used to be.

Probably the most interesting aspect..almost glossed over was when asked about the Dees move (eventual) to Bubbledome. He was non committal to this. A strange comment really if we're definitely going and its only a few signatures on a few bits of paper holding it up ??

As he said, they've only been in the gig six weeks, and I'm sure it's tough to get to grips with everything that's going on in that space of time.

Wouldn't be shocked if it got canned, but we'd need somewhere else in Melb IMO.

Guest TheVoice

That was one of the fluffiest interviews I have seen from a bunch of supposedly 'hard hitting' journos. Caro at least through a couple of little rib ticklers in their to

keep me awake, but besides that, big Jimma gave us nothing. I don't want you to release top secret info that may be harmful to national security (or MFC) big fella

but when I stay up to 11.30pm on a Monday night to hear my beloved pres speak of the new and exciting advances awaiting my beloved football club, and all I get

is question disarmament (i.e. The stadium deal) and regurgitated media articles of why we sacked Mac. . . . . well . . . I need more. I still love you big Jimma and

my faith has not waived but please steer this rudderless ship to port shortly, this crew needs some shore leave.

And FFS, Gary, Arch and Hutchinson leave Caro alone! she is the only one out of the group to show some balls in her questions and thinking. Stop ganging up on

her with everything she says, THATS WHAT YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE DOING, ASKING HARD, CONTROVERSIAL QUESTIONS. And archer if you cant ask a

question without sounding like you are going to cry, write it down and give it to friggin Caro so she can show you how it should be done. Love you Caro xoxo

Our players travelling to Casey for preseason training is no different to the Tiges players having to travel to Craigieburn for their preseason training, or Saints heading to Frankston full time, Hawks at Waverley etc etc.

And with Eastlink up and running now, it's a better drive compared to what it used to be.

RD..Im very much with you on this...its just a total crock ...all this they have to travel more. Totally depends on where they are. :blink: We all have to travel 'some; distance to get to work...what makes any of these lads exempt ?..All just part of the job. Maybe if getting to training is a bit hard for some... then could someone be so kind as to show them the door !! :lol::rolleyes:

Re Casey: I'm very happy the way it's all progressing.

Travel? Pfft. I travel for 3 hrs round trip daily for work. Our players are not so precious and unprofessional as to jeapardise their careers because of travel. Commitment 'aint conditional.

Re FC: Chuckle. Well said TheVoice, I agree.

IMO, FC in general has been big on noise but small on substance for most of this year.

Caro is the consistant standout in and under performer.

Hutchison is the shadow boxing frustrated forward who can't hit his opponents let alone the scoreboard, but still manages to KO one of his own players.

Archer is the 16 yo rookie who's too shy to venture an opinion lest he soil himself.

Gazza is the outside captain who calls new guys and veterans to task for not adhering to the running sheet in his head.