Demons v Lions

The Emblem

Well..here to a spirited and hotlly contested game,to some good emerging talents...and a galant loss ;)

I know but I bloody hate it, I hate missing games, I still managed to get to every game this year when I was on crutches with a fractured pelvis and due to a stuff up I can't go, Besides I have not seen J. Brown play in the flesh....ever!

You know what? Neither have I. For that matter, I've never seen Judd play in the flesh either, and I miss 3 home games a year, at most. Wierd.

I reckon we'll get 25,000 going & DONT FORGET ITS A 1:10pm START !!!!!

Thanks!

I'm so used to 2.10 starts at the G, I didn't even bother checking.

Cut down on sleep-in time, but start of holidays means no excuse not to turn up. Hope we can get over 20,000.

From the game vs Fremantle -

A crowd of 20,000 is the break even point.

From an article the other day -

The Queen's Birthday game netted us approximately $400,000 for a crowd of approximately 60,000.

and...

A crowd of 16,000 for the game against West Coast would see us pay a check to the MCC of almost $80,000

So...

The generalisation that each attendence at a home game is worth about $10 to the club is fair.

BUT

For a smaller crowd, particularly one under the 20,000 break even line, the value of each attendence is much greater, as much as $20 per attendence.

So, the hard core of supporters who turn up to every game regardless of anticipated crowds, game profile, current performance and so forth do actually make an greater contibution the the clubs financial health PER GAME as well as over the course of all the games they attend.

Be proud, all of us who get to all the games we can. And get along to the Brisbane game and the West Coast game, that's when it makes the most difference.

The other thing I learned - the club has been a lot more upfront about it's finances since MacNamee came in to replace Harris. I appreciate that.

If you've got two memberships or a friend / family member isnt going who has a membership SCAN BOTH! The club will get extra money from it and the attendence will be boosted :)

Good point.

It still gets counted on the attendence figure even if someone is only there 'in spirit'.

I love it. ;)