• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Casey Up-date

demon3165

CC got him to Freo in 2007 as an assistant coach.

Will MFC and Scorpions be affiliated next year then?

I bloody hope they don't have any decent KPP, because I want us to be developing ours playing in the key positions and not in the pockets which we were forced to do with Sautner!!!

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest melbman

from http://www.senews.com.au/story/65592

"CASEY Scorpions officials will announce former AFL star Peter German as their new coach this week"

"The Scorpions and Melbourne Football Club (MFC) will also announce their new VFL-AFL alignment this week"

"MFC will train at Casey Fields from Thursday 6 November"

"Casey Fields curators have already been re-laying turf on the VFL oval in anticipation of MFC’s arrival"

GERMAN TAKES REINS AT CASEY - PRESS RELEASE BY CRAIG LEES – FOOTBALL OPERATIONS MANAGER [CASEY SCORPIONS]

The Casey Scorpions are pleased to announce Peter German as their senior Coach for 2009. German played 185 games for the Kangaroos between 1984 and 1994 in a distinguished career.

Peter began his coaching career at Burnie in Tasmania in 1995. Peter is a vastly experienced senior coach spending the last two years as an assistant coach at Fremantle under Chris Connolly and Mark Harvey. Prior to his time at Fremantle Peter led the Subiaco Football Club to the minor premiership in each of his four years at the helm, achieving premiership success in 2004 and 2006, and runners-up in 2003. During his years at Subiaco his winning ratio was 80 percent, and across his coaching career has a winning ratio of 72 percent.

He was coach of the Peel Thunder Football Club in 2002, Assistant Coach at West Coast 2000 and 2001, Assistant Coach/Reserves Coach at the Hawthorn Football Club in 1998 and 1999, and Senior Coach of the Burnie Dockers Football Club in the Tasmanian Football League from 1995 and 1997 (Runners-up in 1996 and 1997).

During his period as coach at Burnie he also played 64 games for the club from 1994 to 1997.Peter is a Life Member of the North Melbourne Football Club where he played 185 senior games from 1984 to 1994 as well as 55 games in the Under 19s from 1981 to 1984. He was a nomination for the North Melbourne Team of the Century and is an AFL 200 Club Member. Peter represented Victoria on two occasions in 1991 and Tasmania on three occasions in 1995, 1996 and 1997 when he was captain of the Tasmanian side that took on WA. In 2006 he was the WAFL State Coach.

Peter will take on the Senior role with Casey and have a partial development role with the Melbourne Football Club. Peter will officially address the players for the first time this Friday night 7th November at Casey Fields at 7pm as the Scorpions 2009 pre-season launch. Casey officially starts pre-summer training on Wednesday the 12th of November @ 6pm.

An article in the Herald Sun today goes on and on about Chris Johnson, but then concludes with this paragraph:

“The Demons start their summer training stint at Casey Fields on Thursday.”

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl...0-19742,00.html

Blues poised to snare Chris Johnson

Unfortunately I'll be interstate.

that sucks...thanks anyway

What time on Thursday? I suppose I could force myself to put down the paintbrush and head on down to training....

thanks suzanna, im not exactly sure...if anyone knows could they say ASAP?

this is what it says on the club website:

Pre Season Training

MELBOURNEfc started the 2009 pre-season campaign on 13 October. The Junction Oval training schedule for the month of October will consist heavily on indoor strength and condition sessions, with the players only heading outdoors in small groups, for short periods of time to participate in running and agility work. On alternate days, the players will complete running sessions at differing external venues.

For this reason, melbournefc.com.au will not be posting specific training times until the players begin their main skill sessions in early November.

Please note: Training times and venues are subject to change without notice

--so im not sure but maybe casey scorp knows

• 1 month later...

Just to note, the East Cranbourne extension announced as a part of the transport plan.

While plans come and go, I get the feeling this one will happen almost in full and will have elements that get delivered sooner rather than later to foster election support.

That said I haven't seen a specific date/year around this line extension (only other parts of the plan).

Just to note, the East Cranbourne extension announced as a part of the transport plan.

While plans come and go, I get the feeling this one will happen almost in full and will have elements that get delivered sooner rather than later to foster election support.

That said I haven't seen a specific date/year around this line extension (only other parts of the plan).

Yep i saw that too. On page 15 of todays HUN. 2.4 Billion for an extension for Cranbourne and 2 other places. It said that Cranbourne East will be completed in the 'longer term', whatever that means. The two other places had set dates though.

Yep i saw that too. On page 15 of todays HUN. 2.4 Billion for an extension for Cranbourne and 2 other places. It said that Cranbourne East will be completed in the 'longer term', whatever that means. The two other places had set dates though.

I hope longer term doesn't mean in 30 years time......

I hope longer term doesn't mean in 30 years time......

It said medium term, the thing I read, & the cost is 200 milion, so that would have to be also putting in the second line, you'd think.

http://www4.transport.vic.gov.au/vtp/proje...bourneeast.html

[Cranbourne East Extension]

Timeframe

Medium term

Cost

$200 million

* Fly through video

Download the map here [PDF]

Project description

Cranbourne East is expected to have a population of more than 10,000 by 2011, and grow to more than 27,000 people by 2021.

This project will extend the Cranbourne line to Cranbourne East and construct a new railway station at Cranbourne East.

Project benefits

* Connect Cranbourne East community to job opportunities, essential services and the wider public transport network.

* New station at Cranbourne East.

Related projects

* Cranbourne Station Upgrade

Just when you thought all the news about Casey was good.......it just keeps getting better.

I don't think I have seen this referred to anywhere else on the site, but last week the State Government announced a new major investigation area for additional growth in Casey to accomomodate extra population for Melbourne. See this map:

http://www.dse.vic.gov.au/CA256F310024B628...File/3999-2.pdf

See the word "Cranbourne" and follow a yellow line to the right and down. It stops at the proposed Cranbourne East railway station site. If you continue in that direction and cross a road (grey line) you get to a light grey triangle. That is where Casey Fields is.

That orange area will accommodate potentially another 100,000 people more than what had previously been proposed.

Right on the doorstep of Casey Fields!!

Just when you thought all the news about Casey was good.......it just keeps getting better.

I don't think I have seen this referred to anywhere else on the site, but last week the State Government announced a new major investigation area for additional growth in Casey to accomomodate extra population for Melbourne. See this map:

http://www.dse.vic.gov.au/CA256F310024B628...File/3999-2.pdf

See the word "Cranbourne" and follow a yellow line to the right and down. It stops at the proposed Cranbourne East railway station site. If you continue in that direction and cross a road (grey line) you get to a light grey triangle. That is where Casey Fields is.

That orange area will accommodate potentially another 100,000 people more than what had previously been proposed.

Right on the doorstep of Casey Fields!!

That's an impressive growth corridor, cheers for that link too.

well there ya go..its back on the agenda Cranny East that is...surprise surprise !! lol

Dont desapair that it doesnt have the same urgency attached at present as say South Morang etc...AS next election approaches you can bet ya house that this wil firm up as a WILL build in next 5 years. Too many votes in area not to happen. Will encompass a restucture of that part of line and other things too off topic to list here.

Also keep in mind though we we al love it to exist today we will be well served stillif it comes into being in say 5 years. Might co incide with more use of the Stadium !!;)

Slowly all the pieces fall together :)

Tonight the City of Casey launched its Leisure Facilities Development Plan - an ambitious $93 million program of sporting facilities over the next 15 years.

While that's probably not significant in itself for Demonlanders, most of whom probably don't live in or near Casey, what is significant is that Dean Bailey and Stefan Martin (a Berwick local) were there as guest interviewees. As well I saw Chris Connolly in the room.

Clearly MFC is getting more and more involved in the Casey community.

Other interviewees were Michael Tuck, and Ashleigh Brennan (17 yo Olympic gymnast), who are also Berwick locals.

Tonight the City of Casey launched its Leisure Facilities Development Plan - an ambitious $93 million program of sporting facilities over the next 15 years.

While that's probably not significant in itself for Demonlanders, most of whom probably don't live in or near Casey, what is significant is that Dean Bailey and Stefan Martin (a Berwick local) were there as guest interviewees. As well I saw Chris Connolly in the room.

Clearly MFC is getting more and more involved in the Casey community.

Other interviewees were Michael Tuck, and Ashleigh Brennan (17 yo Olympic gymnast), who are also Berwick locals.

Are they ever going to actually sign anything or are we just good friends with Casey as opposed to business partners?