Chris Johnson

w00dy

An Yze Magic type comment I know, but I'm backing him in this week.

This is of course contingent on him getting selected in the 22, which I hope and believe that he will be. I think it will also be dependant on us being competitive with the Saints for the majority of the game, like we were against the Hawks, not like we were against the Crows.

The biggest concern I've had for him in the past has been his ability to find the footy, as his skills have always been quite good. In his last game for Melbourne in round 4 against North Melbourne, he had 19 posessions. His skills were poor that day, but we know that he's better than that, what really pleased me was that he managed to get his hands on the footy.

He's dominated for Sandy the last two weeks. I think our new game plan, which is finally coming together really suits the way he plays. His run and skill on the half back line will complement the way we move the ball out of the back line.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Na, I think he's alright. Let's hope he does have a good game...

Well he is due ;) !!!

• 2 weeks later...

If Chris Johnson somehow transforms into a good league footballer that can impact games or even just play a role, then I would say that Dean Bailey is a greater teacher of men than Jesus himself once was.

Alas, the chances of Chris Johnson becoming a serious league footballer are about 4 billion to 1.

Can Dean Bailey turn water into wine?

We will see this Sunday, cos this is surely Johnsons last chance.

you think if he does play saturday he will get dropped? one thing Bailey has shown is that he has given young players a go when he brings them up... rather than giving them one game and dropping them if they don't perform, he gives them 2 or 3 weeks to find some form...

we see this with Buckley, I'd imagine Bode this week is in a similar situation...

while I wouldn't read much into how the team was named this week, given bailey named CJ as ruck-rover suggests that he's going to be given every chance...

i don't understand why CJ is so maligned on these boards... he's a young player who hasn't lived up to expectations, but he's certainly not the only one... i think now is the time where he's going to come good...

i don't understand why CJ is so maligned on these boards... he's a young player who hasn't lived up to expectations, but he's certainly not the only one...

Because he's been on the list quite a long time and is yet to show anything at AFL level. The only other player looking as dicey as CJ was Warnock who has since shown something. The next 3 weeks are CJ's chance to show his something or else he should be out the door at the earliest opportunity.

If Chris Johnson somehow transforms into a good league footballer that can impact games or even just play a role, then I would say that Dean Bailey is a greater teacher of men than Jesus himself once was.

Alas, the chances of Chris Johnson becoming a serious league footballer are about 4 billion to 1.

Can Dean Bailey turn water into wine?

oh no!!!!! Bailey is a figment of our imaiginations as well????

thoughts on his game today? i thought he was solid... used the ball well generally...

16 posessions, 8 marks, 3 tackles... quiet in the first half, but definately contributed in the second half...

On that performance I'd have him in front of about 5 or 6 of his teammates.

Has to be given the chance to play every game for the rest of the year...Bailey needs to see if he can cut it.

IMO hes already proved it can't. how long has he been in the system? how many chances has he had? he can't string any games together because his form at AFL level is never good enough. he doesn't deserve a free ride till the end of the year

Has to be given the chance to play every game for the rest of the year...Bailey needs to see if he can cut it.

not sure about every game, but he showed enough today to get at least the next 2 games... like bailey has done with Buckley and with Bode, bring him in and give him a few weeks to find his feet...

Guest unstable punt

exactly, at least 5 in a row

Guest unstable punt
some players just take longer than others to develop... salopek from Port is the perfect example...

his old man was the same, got better and better with age

not sure about every game, but he showed enough today to get at least the next 2 games... like bailey has done with Buckley and with Bode, bring him in and give him a few weeks to find his feet...

And Valenti. Heavens I hope we see Valenti in the 1's next week.

his old man was the same, got better and better with age

His old man started as good classy player who automatically cut it at AFL. He got better and became a Bluey holder and a very skilled player.

After 5yrs, CJ is still well short of where his father started.

Notwithstanding that he has 10 rounds to avoid the cut. He does not want to take a false step from here.