TASMANIA v SANDRINGHAM

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW. 13 goals in the last qtr. Go Sandy. WJ, can you please give us a match report.

I'd like to but I'm sitting on my computer at home a few hundred miles away.

All I can say is that with Geelong looking the loser in the other game, the Zebras move back into the top four.

Sandringham 3.6.24 10.12.72 18.14.122 31.17.203

Tasmania 4.4.28 4.6.30 5.9.39 7.9.51

Goals

Sandringham Sautner 10 Holland 4 Poyas 3 Dunn C Johnson Maric Waller Yze 2 Gilchrist Meesen Spencer Tregear

Tasmania Shackleton 4 Bongetti 2 Smith

Best

Sandringham C Johnson Biddlecombe Sautner Poyas T Johnston Waller

Tasmania Geappen Shackleton Long Richter Street Creese

OH!

OH!!

Just a 13 goal final quarter to round things off after an eight goal third quarter.

Damn, that is quite a scoreline. I imagine that will be a confidence booster for a few players, can't wait for the details if anyone got down there to watch, and the official match report should be a pleasant read.

What the s&%t?!!!!

150 points? Without Valenti?

Watching the scorps and Pies and at quarter time it's pies by nine... And the score? 9 to zip...

I was hoping to see Maric with 6 or something. Oh well.

And it's a worry that among the best players there, none were demon-listed.

I was hoping to see Maric with 6 or something. Oh well.

And it's a worry that among the best players there, none were demon-listed.

Yeh, especially when 31 goals are kicked, 10 by Sautner so of the remaining 21, 14 or so are from MFC listed players but none of them are in our best.

Johnson = Dees?

Or is there a Johnson that plays for Sandringham (as a Sandy-listed player)?

yes, as previously stated that would be Chris Johnson... Given Spencer and Meesen played (listed as goal kickers) you would imagine that Paul Johnson didn't play and has gone with the side to Adelaide...

good to see CJ find some form, although I'd like to see it happen in a more even contest...

Bloody Sautner. Pisses me off.

The old fart should have been on the bench, and Adaam Maric should have been given the forward 50 to himself.

he would have kicked 15.

Johnson = Dees?

Or is there a Johnson that plays for Sandringham (as a Sandy-listed player)?

Paul Johnson was at training in Adelaide today so my guess is that the Johnson named in the best was Chris Johnson. Sandringham has two Johnstons - Marc and Tomi who are sons of Wayne Johnston the Caaaarlton premiership player of the 70's and '80's. All three emergencies were reported to be in Adelaide.

It was also reported that Jared Rivers missed training and that he might be in doubt for tomorrow so it wouldn't surprise me if Nathan Carroll came into the side.

This of course, makes Sandy's effort all the better as it had a few other MFC listed players missing as well as Chad Liddell, David Gallagher and Danny Hughes from the Zebra list all out as well.

Yeh, especially when 31 goals are kicked, 10 by Sautner so of the remaining 21, 14 or so are from MFC listed players but none of them are in our best.

CJ was BOG and kicked 2 goals.

Whenever I see John... with anything written afterwards, I just switch off...

And especially since Johnstone left...

There's to many of them... And so CJ was BOG in a 150 point thrashing? So what? Means nothing.

I was hoping some of the players on the cusp would kick 6 and force their way in. We know after tomorrow there are going to be probably 4 or so players that will struggle.

I was watching the Pies game, and there was a run of about 8 players that made me think I was watching Sandy. Dunn, Jones, Johnson, etc etc... Must be confusing for the commentators...

Sandringham's performance against the Tassie Devils on their own patch was fantastic. I couldn't make it down myself but it's obvious that a 25 goal victory is something to behold. The Zebras had only 9 MFC listed players with the club taking all three emergencies over to Adelaide for the game against the Crows. The Demons in the side were -

• Lynden Dunn
  • Ben Holland
  • Chris Johnson
  • Addam Maric
  • Stefan Martin
  • John Meesen
  • Jake Spencer
  • Matthew Whelan
  • Adem Yze

As far as the animosity in some quarters towards Nick Sautner, it defies logic. Sandringham is a club in its own right and anyone who can finish up with 10.6 from 18 shots and 12 marks deserves his spot at full forward (even if there were a few academy award performances thrown in during the game).

Sandringham's performance against the Tassie Devils on their own patch was fantastic. I couldn't make it down myself but it's obvious that a 25 goal victory is something to behold. The Zebras had only 9 MFC listed players with the club taking all three emergencies over to Adelaide for the game against the Crows. The Demons in the side were -
  • Lynden Dunn
  • Ben Holland
  • Chris Johnson
  • Addam Maric
  • Stefan Martin
  • John Meesen
  • Jake Spencer
  • Matthew Whelan

• Adem Yze
As far as the animosity in some quarters towards Nick Sautner, it defies logic. Sandringham is a club in its own right and anyone who can finish up with 10.6 from 18 shots and 12 marks deserves his spot at full forward (even if there were a few academy award performances thrown in during the game).

Time for Yze to play a couple of games in the seniors I reckon. The bloke's played 250+ games for the club and kind of deserves better in his farewell year...given the amount of excitement his provided to Demon fans over the years.

I'm not advocating playing him week in week out, but perhaps play him in the Queens birthday match as a token of appreciation for all the good games he's played for the club.

i think the animosity is out of a lack of understanding when it is really animosity.

and for someone like me who understands the system, i dont hate sautner, i reckon he would be good for players to learn fromn, but i think even i get frustrated that because of the 'system' that doesnt allow us to develop our own players in positions we want to develop them in. its not sandringhams fault, and we have had a great alliance. but my main concern, and the main concern of most on this forum is mfc success, and in a twisted way, the sandy partnership is perceived to prevent that. right or wrong.