What are YOU going to do about it?

Over the past few days we have all seen the articles about how Melbourne is in trouble on and off the field.

It's depressing, and for many we have seen it all before with the failed merger attempt in 1996. Right now much of what is being written is simply off the back of one bad game. But before things get too much worse, what YOU going to do about it?

I realise that most people who write on this forum are already giving up more than their fair share, while it is those supporters who do next to nothing that are the problem. I've tried to get many Melbourne supporters I know to become members, and it isn't always easy.

That's why I'm going to holding off getting a golf membership (which I have been saving up for, for many months while on a minimum wage and studying) and use part of that money to buy a Melbourne membership for my football hating girlfriend.

I also pledge to make more of an effort to see Melbourne play, no matter how bad they are travelling.

Big or small, what are you going to do?

I write this as i sit here in my long sleeve away top with the number 4 and nolan on my back and say this "my sporting life sucks balls!" :)

The most frustrating bit with Bolton is we have dominated 4 games and lost 3, drawn 1

Oh well, prob win a game in the championship :)

The dee's would have been relegated long ago if we had that here, If only I could be one of the ones to jump on and off a band wagon instead of sitting up to 4 am to watch a game I know we will lose then to get up 5 hours later to watch the mighty Dee's get flogged!

Guest unstable punt
Over the past few days we have all seen the articles about how Melbourne is in trouble on and off the field.

It's depressing, and for many we have seen it all before with the failed merger attempt in 1996. Right now much of what is being written is simply off the back of one bad game. But before things get too much worse, what YOU going to do about it?

I realise that most people who write on this forum are already giving up more than their fair share, while it is those supporters who do next to nothing that are the problem. I've tried to get many Melbourne supporters I know to become members, and it isn't always easy.

That's why I'm going to holding off getting a golf membership (which I have been saving up for, for many months while on a minimum wage and studying) and use part of that money to buy a Melbourne membership for my football hating girlfriend.

I also pledge to make more of an effort to see Melbourne play, no matter how bad they are travelling.

do the same as l've been doing forever, buy memberships and go to games, abuse opposition supporters and players and scream for the Demons

do the same as l've been doing forever, buy memberships and go to games, abuse opposition supporters and players and scream for the Demons

My point is, in these "dark times" (media driven or otherwise) what little bit extra are you going to do?

It could be as small as giving $5 to the 150 Club or going to one extra game for the year. In the scheme of things it might not be a lot, but as individuals each little bit extra we give/do does help, no matter how futile it may seem.

I am somewhat dismayed that there arent more events etc that might be affordable to the average punter !!

Well at least none seem announced. Im simply not in the position to chuck 500 at a dinner.. but had some other memeber /fan nights been arranged for Bentleigh etc id certainly have given it a favourable look in !!

Well not much I can do from Darwin, but despite the fact I will most likely not get to a game this year (unless I can sneak away for the weekend) I have today, despite all the doom and gloom, bought my membership.

It would have been easy not to bother, with the way things are looking but I realise it is now more than ever that the Demons need its supporters. Come on guys and gals, if you havent already get on board!!!!

If the MFC could clone 30,000 Yze_Magics, the MFC would be the most powerful and feared club in the AFL.

So what are you going to do about it?

Its common knowlegde that I am the Demons most passionate and famous supporter

I have done plenty, and will continue to do so

If the rest of you follow my lead, we will become a powerhouse

On a site like this this thread is pointless. Everybody here is doing what they can. I ante up for three memberships and three reserved seats every year and I will again be in the sponsorship group. Many of us will be doing more than that, many less. The point is that we are not the problem.

On a site like this this thread is pointless. Everybody here is doing what they can. I ante up for three memberships and three reserved seats every year and I will again be in the sponsorship group. Many of us will be doing more than that, many less. The point is that we are not the problem.

That's the attitude...

Don't bother actually reading the whole post next time where it says: I realise that most people who write on this forum are already giving up more than their fair share, while it is those supporters who do next to nothing that are the problem.

I give up.

Yes quite right.

Preaching to the converted.

We are the tragics , you've got to get the uncommitted to commit, not so easy. A lot of call on peoples dollars these days, and folk are looking for value for their buck and there isn't a lot of value

in a Demon membership I'm afraid. People do what they can!!

Like all businesses, if the cash don't flow then its time to go.

The point is that we are not the problem.

Bingo !!!

I dont mean a game of bingo.. but hey that might be ok..lol..

It strikes me the club is far too conservative. It needs to get far more 'with it' !! Maybe the new Honcho and Co may change this..

Guest unstable punt
If the MFC could clone 30,000 Yze_Magics, the MFC would be the most powerful and feared club in the AFL.

you better start breeding, on second thoughts NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

Last year instead of buying the full MFC/MCC membership, I only bought the $40.

The reason for this is, instead of just buying a membership for me - I also bought one for 4 of my Melbourne supporting mates who are MCC but not MFC members. Increases the membership tally by 4 and the club gets my money.

I'll do that again.

I also pledge to do everything I can to get this 2nd 150 Club Syndicate up and running.

Also - tomorrow I am making my return as a volunteer at the Melbourne Football Club after not having done so for quite a while (over 12 months I think...).

I was thinking that one thing us Demonlanders can do is be active in media forums where possible.

I drive for a living, and therefore listen to SEN a lot. It distresses me, that we as supporters perpetuate the [censored] weak image of ourselves by our lack of voice and passion even on a small thing like talk back radio.

I called SEN this morning to defend the Dees from that [censored] Andy Maher who has been trying to sell the MFC down the river every chance he gets. A few more callers got on line and defended the club as well. Unfortunately, that doesn't happen very often.

I'll put out a call to arms for us to get active and vocal and defend our club in these media forums to try and help change the perception of the club and it's supporters.

I was thinking that one thing us Demonlanders can do is be active in media forums where possible.

I drive for a living, and therefore listen to SEN a lot. It distresses me, that we as supporters perpetuate the [censored] weak image of ourselves by our lack of voice and passion even on a small thing like talk back radio.

I called SEN this morning to defend the Dees from that [censored] Andy Maher who has been trying to sell the MFC down the river every chance he gets. A few more callers got on line and defended the club as well. Unfortunately, that doesn't happen very often.

I'll put out a call to arms for us to get active and vocal and defend our club in these media forums to try and help change the perception of the club and it's supporters.

I was one of those other callers on Hungry for sport and spoke to Patrik "the [censored]" Smith. My brother rang the flogs from morning glory. Next time i see Point dexter im gonna spit on him. I was livid listening to it this morning.

I was one of those other callers on Hungry for sport and spoke to Patrik "the [censored]" Smith. My brother rang the flogs from morning glory. Next time i see Point dexter im gonna spit on him. I was livid listening to it this morning.

Yeah, i heard you both times this morning, you brought up the fact about Melbourne being heritage listed, which Patrick didn't want a bar of.

Andy Maher has an agenda to put the Dees in the gun because he is still hurting about people putiing the Blues in the gun a few years back, so he wants the same treatment dished to the Dees.