Dean Bailey

drdrake

I've heard that Bailey has the 'mad stare' of any scary coach ...

Hope he fares better than Francis Bourke, who took the ferals to a GF in '82, only to get sacked because the players didn't like the discipline.

i dont reckon bailey will be scarring players as such..he is just trying to create oppurtunities for them to get the absolute best out of themselves. as he said "i will be working with the players"

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont reckon bailey will be scarring players as such..he is just trying to create oppurtunities for them to get the absolute best out of themselves. as he said "i will be working with the players"

He wont be scarring players but he will be sticking fire crackers up there asses with a lighter at the ready if needed :lol:

Bailey doesn't strike me as a hard taskmaster of the Malthouse mould.

As much as many Demons fans will hate this next statement, I will say it anyway: He reminds me a bit of ND.

Now, wait. Just have a listen to what he says: "working with the players", "we have to gain respect" etc

It's not exactly the fire and brimstone vitriol of somone who will accept nothing but total commitment, or else blah blah. You get what i'm saying. Malthouse.

Not saying he won't be a fine coach but what I am saying is that I hope he is that teacher we have been crying out for.

We had a good gameday coach in ND, not a popular theory i realise, but our run and carry and our forward line functioned extremely well at times.

What ND lacked was the ability to develop players. To help them get better. Not all his fault, but the fact that Green, Bruce, TJ, White, etc have not progressed over the years was a worry.

To sum up: Fire and Brimstone - Hopefully, not required

Teacher and Developer - Absolutely required

Dean Bailey is a great teacher and has a great footy brain. He was the one who said Chad Cornes should play centre half back. He brought guys like Troy Chaplin, Michael Pettigrew and Robbie Grey into the Port Adelaide side and made them better players. All the players love him coz he listens and doesn't strut around like some coaches do thinking they are tops.

He is the best coach I know and he is definitely better than the likes of Ratten, Knights and Harvey by a long shot. He will bring out players like Travis Johnstone and put them back on the deadliest players list. At the moment Melbourne are behind Richmond and other clubs to win the flag. That will all change during the course of the season.

Very happy to see Bailey use his own methods. Hope sylvia has a full preseason but recent history shows otherwise. Not sure about the addition of Josh Mahoney but ill back it till i see him coach.

Yeah. The Mahoney one has me a bit twitchy. When Williams was hired I was happy enough, but I didn't like the direction our midfield went in this year (and I don't mean towards the medical room). I'm not sure what mahoney brings to the table other than greenness.

And he's already won the masses over. But when he loses 3 in a row he'll be crud round here :lol:

Tee Hee...

I expect all and sundry to love and hate him many times over in the coming year.

I thought you were a fan of ND?

I respected him and I reckon he could coach, but there was much I didn't like.

The fact that he struggled cobbling a sentence together was a source of amusement at times.

yep......sometimes speech sucks !!!!!!!!!! :lol: :D

I'm glad you see the irony :)

He spoke like you write.

oh touche...been saving that one ?

I find this forum funny because no one here actually knows anything about Dean Bailey but they talk about him like they know him.

Do you know anything mate? Please... enlighten us.

like much in life you create an informed opinion.

we base these on direct interactions ( some have attended functions ) some may actually have met him

there is various info/background on him.

he has reputations from various sources

there is feedback form players ( as some here actually know players. / are players ?? :) )

and so the picture forms

and it evolves

that'll do for me :)

I find this forum funny because no one here actually knows anything bout Dean Bailey but they talk about him like they know him.

Welcome to Demonland, where everyone is an armchair critic.

At least it's all been positive so far... wait until we lose a pre-season match :rolleyes::lol:

I find this forum funny because no one here actually knows anything bout Dean Bailey but they talk about him like they know him.

LOL

Get used to it

There is a lot of uninformed opinion on this site, and some of it is hilarious. But geez its funny.

ps. For intelligent football opinions you are best off reading my posts. I will PM you a list of others besides me that offer up some good footy talk. Its a notch below what I can offer, but its worth reading

LOL

ps. For intelligent football opinions you are best off reading my posts. I will PM you a list of others besides me that offer up some good footy talk. Its a notch below what I can offer, but its worth reading

proof perfect that it is indeed hilarious here !! lol :P

• 3 years later...

Bailey doesn't strike me as a hard taskmaster of the Malthouse mould.

As much as many Demons fans will hate this next statement, I will say it anyway: He reminds me a bit of ND.

Now, wait. Just have a listen to what he says: "working with the players", "we have to gain respect" etc

It's not exactly the fire and brimstone vitriol of somone who will accept nothing but total commitment, or else blah blah. You get what i'm saying. Malthouse.

Not saying he won't be a fine coach but what I am saying is that I hope he is that teacher we have been crying out for.

We had a good gameday coach in ND, not a popular theory i realise, but our run and carry and our forward line functioned extremely well at times.

What ND lacked was the ability to develop players. To help them get better. Not all his fault, but the fact that Green, Bruce, TJ, White, etc have not progressed over the years was a worry.

To sum up: Fire and Brimstone - Hopefully, not required

Teacher and Developer - Absolutely required

Massive Bump.

I was bored so I went looking for 'what rpfc thought about Bailey at the beginning' and this is what I found.

Unfortunately, fire and brimstone is required for this sorry lot.

Jeez, I hope the Malthouse mention becomes irony...

Edited by rpfc

Ha!

I'll give him a hint - Garland and Bate.

In fairness to you and just about everyone else, Garland did actually look like a complete vegetable in his first couple of games. Would've taken a seriously keen eye to spot the talent there. A good lesson in not counting chickens too early all the same.

Edit: Also, I miss mo64. Whatever happened to him? His last activity was in late 2009 and his ceasing activity was very sudden. Hope nothing bad became of him.