What other clubs can offer

Hards

Lets play a little guessing game ladies and gents.

Clubs involved: Melbourne, Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon, Hawthorn, St.Kilda

Rough idea of what is required:

- Two first round draft picks

- One first rounder and one established player

- One first rounder, one established player and one second rounder

any additional ideas welcomed

Draft order

1. Carlton, 2. Richmond, 3. Carlton, 4. Melbourne, 5. Western Bulldogs, 6. Essendon, 7. Fremantle, 8. Brisbane Lions, 9. St.Kilda, 10. Adelaide, 11. Sydney, 12. Hawthorn, 13. West Coast, 14. ?, 15. ?, 16. ?, 17. ?, 18. Richmond, 19. Richmond, 20. Carlton, 21. Melbourne and so on...

Melbourne

Pick 4 + Travis Johnstone

Pick 4 + Colin Syliva

Pick 4 + Pick 5 (acquired via trade with Bulldogs for Russell Robertson)

Pick 4 + Pick 9 (acquired via trade with St.Kilda for Travis Johnstone)

Pick 4 + Pick 9 + Pick 21 (swapping 2nd Round picks with West Coast, so we get a late 20s)

Carlton

Pick 3 + Pick 20 + Josh Kennedy

Pick 3 + Pick 5 (acquired via trade with Bulldogs for Brendon Fevola)

Pick 3 + Pick 9 (acquired via trade with St.Kilda for Brendon Fevola)

Pick 3 + Brendon Fevola

Collingwood

???

First pick is going to be 14th at best, so they must trade.

Pick 10 (acquired via trade with Adelaide for Alan Didak) + -significant player-?

Essendon

Pick 6 + Scott Gumbelton

Pick 6 + Pick 23 + Patty Ryder

Pick 6 + Pick 7 (acquired via trade with Fremantle for Patty Ryder with assorted pick trades)

Hawthorn and St.Kilda would have to trade up higher to have a shot.

West Australians on Hawthorn/St.Kilda lists:

Hawthorn: Max Bailey, Mark Williams, Chance Bateman, Lance Franklin, Jarryd Morton, Garry Moss

St.Kilda: Michael Gardiner, Clinton Jones (rookie elevation)

Williams Bateman and Franklin stand out. Morton's brother is at West Coast (Mitch). Williams may never play again because of his knee. They won't include Franklin. Maybe Bateman? Doubt Eagles would want him though.

Ideas?

We will certainly need to trade Robbo and/or TJ to get the Judd deal done, not just to gain picks, but also to make room in the cap.

If we can trade Robbo and maybe pick 21 to the dogs for pick 5, then trade pick 4 + 5 to the Eagles, that would be great.

That means that we lose: pick 4, pick 21, Robbo

We get: THE JUDD

Gumbelton and Ryder will have massive appeal to West Coast, but so will Carlton's picks. At the end of the day, it still all hinges on Judd's choice. If he says "I only want to go to the Dees", than I'm positive we'll be able to strike a deal with them.

You can bet your bottom dollar that West Coast don't want to deal with Collingwood. Hopefully Judd keeps that in mind while Eddie is trying to stroke his ego (amongst other things <_< )

i agree...unless he nominates MFC as his club of choice we wont be getting him.

if he does nominate us, i am confident a deal will be struck, and we can be sure that it will be heavily in our favour because WCE will be forced to deal with us and would be scared that if they dont Judd will go into the PSD.

Any of these trades would be a HUGE win for the demons:

pick 4 + pick 5-10 (gotten via a trade with another club- Davey to Adelaide? Johnstone to Stkilda? Robbo to Bulldogs? Green or Bruce traded)

Pick 4 + Johnstone/Davey/Green/Bruce/Sylvia (1 of these)

since these are pretty heavily in our favour, we will probably have to swap 2nd round picks (i.e. downgrade from 21 to 29ish) but that's no big deal...

once again, its pretty much all going to come down to who Judd nominates. i hope to god its us and i will be eagerly waiting the announcement

Bomber skipper Matthew Lloyd is offering the world for Judd - Bombers to offer WA boys for Judd: Lloyd.

Essendon are prepared to use their West Australian first-round AFL draft picks Paddy Ryder and Scott Gumbleton in trade negotiations for Chris Judd, according to captain Matthew Lloyd.

Essendon are considered among the front-runners to sign the former West Coast captain and Brownlow Medallist, who will return to his home city of Melbourne.

The Bombers recruited Ryder at No.7 in the 2005 national draft and Gumbleton came to the club at No.2 last year.

They will have the No.6 pick in this year's draft.

"We'll have pick six and where I think West Coast are going to like Essendon is we have plenty of great West Australian young talent at our footy club," Lloyd said on radio station Sport 927.

Just wondering if Lloyd is now the official spokesperson for the Bombers and whether their Board has any say in the matter?

I'd be stunned if David Neitz spoke that way about trading his younger teammates.

Just wondering if Lloyd is now the official spokesperson for the Bombers and whether their Board has any say in the matter?

I'd be stunned if David Neitz spoke that way about trading his younger teammates.

Got to wonder whether Judd would find that an attractive trait. He'll understand where Lloyd is coming from, of course, but I don't think it's the most astute comment by the captain of a club.

And yes. Lloyd is the spruker whilst Essendon have no coach ;)

Robertson + White + our 3rd rnd pick to doggies for their pick 5

Our pick 4 + Bruce + Carroll for JUDD

We use pick 5 ourselves for tall KPP

Trade Travis to Lions for Cameron Wood.....................

- why would judd want to come to a club (after he has stated that he wants some success) who are going to trade 5 experienced players out of their best 22?

- and why would WCE want carroll? they got hunter and glass.

- and who will be our full back next year? frawley? he is too young

-why not just pass on pick 5 to WCE for judd and keep bruce and carroll

that is a crazy/stupid idea. far too many things wrong with that suggestion

- why would judd want to come to a club (after he has stated that he wants some success) who are going to trade 5 experienced players out of their best 22?

- and why would WCE want carroll? they got hunter and glass.

- and who will be our full back next year? frawley? he is too young

-why not just pass on pick 5 to WCE for judd and keep bruce and carroll

that is a crazy/stupid idea. far too many things wrong with that suggestion

Carroll is a good ordinary player who won't take us to the top

bruce is a waste of space & a bad influence on the kids, will not put the body in.

White see bruce.

Just quickly, I read in the paper "The West Australian" an article by Mark Duffield in which Eagles chairman Dalton Gooding is quoted as saying:

"They (Carlton) have the No.1 and No.3 draft picks and we would see that as the minimum for Chris."

also,

"Unless Collingwood can trade some higher draft picks, it (a deal for Judd) would seem hard."

Interesting quotes, to put it into context, the headline of the article was "I want to be a magpie" and the thrust was that the reporter had good mail that Collingwood were Judd's preferred club. No quotes from Judd himself though, seems like speculation or hearsay. Still the Dalton Gooding quotes are interesting.

So they want picks 1 & 3 minimum for Judd. Could be just playing "hard ball" but if this is the way the Eagles are going to deal, then I really think we might be out of the race.

Like people have been saying, it will be up to CJ to pick his preferred club and I'm sure a deal will be worked out but I just can't see him coming to a rabble like us at this transitory period, couldn't possibly be that appealing, even if he was a Dees fan as a kid. I reckon he'll go to Essendon who have a fairly high pick plus high picks from recent drafts that are WA boys (ie. gumbleton, ryder) plus the room in the cap and the financial clout. Or, the Pies, but they would need to do some serious maneuvering in the draft. I hope it would cripple them to try and trade for Judd (ie. they would need to offer Thomas and/or Pendlebury to get Judd).

I think we should give up on the idea and also, this talk about trading Robbo, holy SHI&!!! If we got rid of him, we'd be the least potent scoring team in the league bar none next season. The guy's carried our forward line for a good 3 or 4 seasons now. Madness.

we would be [censored] mental to trade col sylvia - he will be a gun and is very young too. he went higher in the draft than brock remember.

someone like trav who is 29 - trade away

we need to make our list younger not older.

also need to keep robbo - he is a key part of our forward line

id trade bruce for pick 86 - the eagles wont fall for him either.

lloyd is an idiot, a boring, boring idiot. essendon are more of a rabble than we are - we have a coach

carlton would be insane to trade picks 1 and 3 for judd - and if ratten does it well, good luck to him but why not get 2 quality youngsters instead of one brilliant player who is 24? they finally have some draft picks and they are going to trade them away? dum dum dum dum dum dum

I reckon he'll go to Essendon who have a fairly high pick plus high picks from recent drafts that are WA boys (ie. gumbleton, ryder) plus the room in the cap and the financial clout.

The day Matthew Lloyd starts doing trades for the Essendon Football Club, is the day I start supporting Richmond :rolleyes:

Essendon have already said that they are not trading these two boys as they are their future.

And while Judd might want to go to Collingwood, he needs to remember that Collingwood have little to offer West Coast. If he cares about West Coast not getting screwed, then Collingwood are in a bit of a pickle.

As for Carlton, they are not trading their first pick, so that's out of the question.

If they offer pick 3 + pick 20 + a player, that is not too dissimilar to pick 4 + pick 21 + a player.

Besides, unlike Carlton, we have options of trading players for a first round pick (which we can then give the Eagles). Apart from Fevola, they have nothing, and if they trade Fevola, Judd will know that his chances of winning a premiership with Carlton have greatly reduced.

IF Judd wants Melbourne, I'm confident that we can satisfy West Coast, but that is a big IF.

Carroll is a good ordinary player who won't take us to the top

bruce is a waste of space & a bad influence on the kids, will not put the body in.

White see bruce.

carroll is currently our best option at full back. ordinary or not, if you trade him and draft a KPP back, that leaves you with rivers, ferg, frawley and a rookie as our key backs. wow ... if you have 3 kg of muscle you'll kick 40 goals against us, with or without judd

if white is a waste of space what is jamar? white is still our best ruckman like it or not. a ruck force of jamar, PJ and wood (young but very inexperiences and raw prospect) will allow us to get killed in the midfield with or without judd

bruce has his flaws, but he is no shirker. his kicking does need to be sorted, and this is the key issue at hand. if he gets it sorted, we all of sudden have one of the most versatile midfielders who can attack but also defend. if we dont have to lose him to get judd we should do all we can (the issue is moot if he wants to stay at the club) to keep him and work out his kicking. a midfield of 4 of brock, jones, bruce and JUDD will be very very hard to beat.

we would be [censored] mental to trade col sylvia - he will be a gun and is very young too. he went higher in the draft than brock remember.

someone like trav who is 29 - trade away

we need to make our list younger not older.

also need to keep robbo - he is a key part of our forward line

id trade bruce for pick 86 - the eagles wont fall for him either.

lloyd is an idiot, a boring, boring idiot. essendon are more of a rabble than we are - we have a coach

carlton would be insane to trade picks 1 and 3 for judd - and if ratten does it well, good luck to him but why not get 2 quality youngsters instead of one brilliant player who is 24? they finally have some draft picks and they are going to trade them away? dum dum dum dum dum dum

1) trav is 27

2) robbo is being a petulant little kid. his "the bulldogs are a great club" line really [censored] me off. if he saying that sort of crap, he can go. so much for love of the jumper.

3) get bruce's kicking right ,and 15 clubs would want him. dumb statement

4) on ess and carlton you are right

The more I think, the more I realise, we are not going to get Chris Judd.

He will be either a Pie, Blue or Bomber. Just fact. If he doesn't go to us I would love him to slip through to Richmond.

But we cannot get Judd, don't have the money that those 3 clubs will pay him and he can say all he wants and we can say all we want money doesn't matter to him. But if we say "Judd join us, we will pay 900,000 a season" and one of the other three say "Judd join us, we will pay 1.2 million a season. No matter who you are your not turning that down. Plus, Collingwood has a chance of winning by the looks of things. That works against Carlton and Essendon. Therefore it comes to the Pies.

Great facilities, money money money, options outside of football, talented team.

They have everything in there favour to at least convince him to announce them as favoured option. Even if there isn't any trade bait.

Agreed Demons 32. Pies will probably get him but the more I think about the complexities of all this the more I think it could be one gigantic stalemate and Richmond might get him. What a controversy it would be.

Bad Demons 32, Bad!

If Robbo goes, and it's looking very much like he will, we will have more than enough money to pay him his $1m, even if that really is a factor.

The thing is, his salary becomes a minor issue once you take into account the opportunities he receives outside of football. If he makes an extra $1m through having his fingers in a raft of investment-type pies, I can't really see him giving a toss about 200,000-300,000 less, though I doubt we'd be offering that.

I know you're just trying to keep a lid on you hopes though mate ;)

carroll is currently our best option at full back. ordinary or not, if you trade him and draft a KPP back, that leaves you with rivers, ferg, frawley and a rookie as our key backs. wow ... if you have 3 kg of muscle you'll kick 40 goals against us, with or without judd

if white is a waste of space what is jamar? white is still our best ruckman like it or not. a ruck force of jamar, PJ and wood (young but very inexperiences and raw prospect) will allow us to get killed in the midfield with or without judd

bruce has his flaws, but he is no shirker. his kicking does need to be sorted, and this is the key issue at hand. if he gets it sorted, we all of sudden have one of the most versatile midfielders who can attack but also defend. if we dont have to lose him to get judd we should do all we can (the issue is moot if he wants to stay at the club) to keep him and work out his kicking. a midfield of 4 of brock, jones, bruce and JUDD will be very very hard to beat.

It's not about 2008.

Like the Hawks have done, keep making space & recruiting youngsters. The space provided to the kids will see them gradually grow into it, some quicker than others. Class & natural talent is allways the best platform to leap from.

It's too soon to make a judgement on a player thats only just begun & has just had an average season, (2nd year blues?) has been injured all season. has a great leap, a powerfull one grab mark, very good tap out, adequate pace, & will mix it with others. Ruckmen are notorious slow developers.

I've seen plenty of young ruckmen rise to the challenge when the first ruck has a long term injury.

Cast offs from other teams are rarely the answer & shouldn't be the way we go. They can only work as top ups in a powerfull side that the clock window demands it by necessity. This is not us. Our clock has past 4.00AM.

We have 2 seasons to get our list right before becoming a force again, we need class.

Bad Demons 32, Bad!

If Robbo goes, and it's looking very much like he will, we will have more than enough money to pay him his $1m, even if that really is a factor.

The thing is, his salary becomes a minor issue once you take into account the opportunities he receives outside of football. If he makes an extra $1m through having his fingers in a raft of investment-type pies, I can't really see him giving a toss about 200,000-300,000 less, though I doubt we'd be offering that.

I know you're just trying to keep a lid on you hopes though mate ;)

Haha well trying to keep a lid on it worked for the Cats didn't it? haha.

But even if that 200,000-300,000 means nothing, there are more business ventures outside for him at Collingwood, the Blues and the Bombers.

We don't really have anything Judd wants, other than he barracked for us, but we don't know how much of a supporter he really was, I know alot of people who go for the Demons, out of all them only me and my brother GO for the demons like everyone here on Demonland. Fans like us are rare.

Haha well trying to keep a lid on it worked for the Cats didn't it? haha.

But even if that 200,000-300,000 means nothing, there are more business ventures outside for him at Collingwood, the Blues and the Bombers.

We don't really have anything Judd wants, other than he barracked for us, but we don't know how much of a supporter he really was, I know alot of people who go for the Demons, out of all them only me and my brother GO for the demons like everyone here on Demonland. Fans like us are rare.

Yer it's a bit the same for me. The few that do go for Melbourne are very apathetic, and most of my mates are Essendon supporters. If Judd went there I'd never live it down. At least if he went to Collingwood we could all hate them together.

Anyway, I don't know that the other clubs do have more in the way of ventures to offer. If you ask me, only 2 clubs can provide his lovely Rebecca the sort of job she has become accustomed to; us and Collingwood. If you believe Sheahans article in the Sun, we have our fingers in a whole range of pies.

Yer it's a bit the same for me. The few that do go for Melbourne are very apathetic, and most of my mates are Essendon supporters. If Judd went there I'd never live it down. At least if he went to Collingwood we could all hate them together.

Anyway, I don't know that the other clubs do have more in the way of ventures to offer. If you ask me, only 2 clubs can provide his lovely Rebecca the sort of job she has become accustomed to; us and Collingwood. If you believe Sheahans article in the Sun, we have our fingers in a whole range of pies.

And if you believe the herald sun today we have 5/10 chance. So who knows.

1) trav is 27

2) robbo is being a petulant little kid. his "the bulldogs are a great club" line really [censored] me off. if he saying that sort of crap, he can go. so much for love of the jumper.

C'mon CD, your thinking with your heart & not your head. I know your fairly smart.

1) trav is 27

ok well dont trade trav then. i would actually like to see how he goes with new coach anyway.

robbo will stay - he is just doing what everyone would do and trying to get job security by getting a longer contract. it will sort itself out - he will stay. as for praising the bulldogs - a little praise never hurt anyone. if he went around saying the bulldogs were crap, well, that would be [censored] stupid. mind you he should really keep his trap shut.

ps judd did say he wanted to play finals - so that would rule out carlton and essendon anyway

brucey brucey brucey. his kicking is not his only problem. he is a receiver who does not go in for the hard ball. so a running receiver who cant kick? that makes him fairly useless to my mind. west coast know this. i think running receivers are fairly bloody useless anyway - i say get someone who can get a hard ball - see jones - who can also do the running receiver thing - like jones can.

yes bruce gets 25 touches a game - but thats cos no one mans up on him because they dont respect him because he doesnt go for the hard balls and cant kick.