Goose Maguire

Bruce Almighty

bloody oath he would be..just the KP defender we need...our defence is a shambles

not sure whether he is out of contract, but would be great at the Dees. :rolleyes:

Just the kind of KPP we need. I assume that most clubs will be looking to pick him up so the chances of getting him are pretty low.

What could we give St.Kilda in return if we do get him?

Maybe Ferguson to join his brother and pick 20

Goose would be a great pickup but i would imagine the saints would be hanging on to him as tightly as they can, though with the two nicks just signing new contracts this season, there wouldnt be much room left in their salary cap so there is a chance

I wouldnt go near Maguire

He is overrated, and he is never on the park anyway

No thanks

He was pretty consistant and relatively injury free until he broke his leg in 06

I agree with Bruce Almighty if we got goose instead of Mcgregor, then that team of 2008 of your YZE_Magic would absolutely chop

Maguire would be a good pick up, no doubt but I don't think StK will let him leave. It'd definately be worth having a crack at him.

Another who it has been suggested wants a change of clubs is Jayme Graham from WCE. He'd be cheaper and has done some good things.

As for McGregor, he is just as injury prone as Maguire. I had a look at an Adelaide site and basically they think he has dodgy knees and won't be much of a loss (although I think he is a bit of a fan favourite). I'd only take him if he came very cheap!

I wouldnt go near Maguire

He is overrated, and he is never on the park anyway

No thanks

Oh for heavens sake......

Now, I regard Maguire very highly at CHB, and I believe he would be great pick up, if we were able to get him, which is always the question.

The Saints fan site are starting to get a little bit nervy about the the fact that Goose along with Xavier Clarke have not signed with the club as yet, and given how many big names they have had to re-contract (Kosi, Reiwoldt (on some big dollars apparently), Dal Santo, Hudgton, Fiora, last week, and an extra year for Fisher, who wasn't even out of contract) this season, there is an ever growing worry over there that they are running out of cash.

As for his injuries, he had some injury concerns early on in his career back in 2002 and 2003, but got through that and was playing really good footy in 2005 and 2006 right up until he broke his leg at the end of last season. And seriously if anyone considers that a freak accident like that makes a player injury prone then maybe we are not on the same train of thought. Of course he has not played as well because of that break this year, but the talent is definitely there.

I honestly believe he would be a great asset to our backline.

Goose would be a good pick up but if we're any chance for Judd then we are no chance for Goose.

If we are no chance for a Judd our 4th pick could be valuable and we could assist that trade with the trade, get Goose and either another good player or a replacement pick, probably early teens.

That said, forget goose, get Judd.

Judd is our main priority I'd say. I most contract negotiations would be taking a back seat this week at all clubs.

While I do agree here.......

I also believe that there has to be an eye kept on whoever else may become available.

Judd has absolutely and necessarily become the top priority, but the club would be negligent if it disregarded all other possibilities.

Just my opinion :) !!!

I also believe that there has to be an eye kept on whoever else may become available.

Absolutely. The smart money is on whatever falls our way. Linton Ave is a rabble..has been for decades and a good reason many talented players have . They are fed up with e bullsh!t that goes on there. if it wasnt true it would be written by a comedy scriptwriter!!

certainly the main game is Judd.. but the wary will have all eys peeled for others !! ;) spot on QC

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.