Comings and Goings.

grazman

Guest The Tiger Of Old
Why?

As far as I can see he's drastically underperformed at Fremantle in the four years he's been on their list and has gone backwards this year.

Wouldn't give up Robbo or pick 21 for him let alone both.

Well Robbo has a body of a 40 yr old. That's why.

Plus, how can you shine when your M. Pavlich's 2nd-ary???

He is a great player. Just not as great as Pavlich.

Pick 21. What?? Another awesome skinny shite kid??

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Tiger Of Old
That's BRILLIANT Maurie! :P

Oh no. Rhino Richards is here.

Watch out everyone. His presents has already been felt.

Great comment rhino. Really in depth & insightful.

Classic Rhino there.

Guest The Tiger Of Old
presents? did you bring me one mr. richards?

And the grade 3 spelling bee is awarded to "deanox".

Well done "deanox" - I bet your parents are proud of you.

Your not too good with your grammar however, I think you need to buckle down.

Your sentance should have been posted like this;

Presents? Did you bring me one, Mr. Richards?

No Grade 4 for you yet...

lol i wasnt bagging him i was playing on the typo/pun/mistake (whatever it was). most people would have seen it, and either disregarded my poor attempt at humour and moved on, or chuckled at the pun and the moved on. why dont you just move on?

people dont have to like rhino, but the majority of the time he makes very good football sense. it was not rhino who started any insults in this thread, and it wasnt me either. attacking RR because of his reputation makes one sink lower than the level they believe him to be at.

Guest The Tiger Of Old
lol i wasnt bagging him i was playing on the typo/pun/mistake (whatever it was). most people would have seen it, and either disregarded my poor attempt at humour and moved on, or chuckled at the pun and the moved on. why dont you just move on?

Why don't you stop picking at little type'O's?

It's just childish. Your like a child.

Hahahaha - Very funny - Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

Your a sad little boy aren't you..?

i'll say the same to you as i say to everyone else. if you dont like it here, leave. no one asked you to come, and in all honesty the place would probably be better if you werent here. but thats not my issue. i posted a throw away line and you are carrying on like the proverbial pork chop.

if im a child, you're the moron kid who stands there and says 'i know you are but what am i?' because you have no real come back or intelligence.

and in any case you are the one who started throwing the mud around.

now stop wasting everyones time and start worrying about posting on the thread topics.

Guest The Tiger Of Old
now stop wasting everyones time and start worrying about posting on the thread topics.

I'm trying to mate but you keep struggling to make arguments.

If you have a problem with me, PM me - other people on here don't wanna hear you ramble on - Or, get over it.

Simple.

Guest The Tiger Of Old
i'd do that in a heart beat. Pity brisbane won't

Yeah. I think you'll find that trade unlikely...

Perhaps a late draft pick also but even then...

Sherman's too good a player for Miller.

Plus, Brisbane aren't really looking for a Miller type I wouldn't imagine...

Why do many people on this site mistakely treat the AFL trade week as some sort of misguided family repatriation scheme for footballers from interstate?

I am at a loss what value Miller would have to Brisbane. :wacko:

He has more chance at Richmond or Bulldogs.

True no value i was just throwing some suggestions out there ok

I understand the interest in Ryan Murphy but are we looking for another forward?

I know Neitz only has one year left but Bate, Dunn and Newton look the goods.

We really should be concertrating on our defence and ruck divisions and could benefit from another small forward.

Trading for anything else like a Haseleby or Sherman, in my opinion, is not beneficial.

Guest The Tiger Of Old
I understand the interest in Ryan Murphy but are we looking for another forward?

We really should be concertrating on our defence and ruck divisions and could benefit from another small forward.

Trading for anything else like a Haseleby or Sherman, in my opinion, is not beneficial.

Bate, Dunn, & Newton are athletic forwards. I still think we need an Ox. This doesn't mean we need R.Murphy but a player of his caliber would be beneficial.

I agree with our defense being a number 1 priority though. If you watch other team's backline, you can notice obvious differences in class to ours.

Also with the ruck position, again your right. Jolly would be a good fit but I think there was too much love loss last time.

Jamar & PJ are good players but I don't believe there really up to AFL standard yet - I'm not sure they will be either.

All I know is, there is going to be a heap of positive changes for 2008 & beyond.

Bailey is one of those positives. He will really get our guys pumped & wanting the ball.

3 trades I would be happy with:

Trade 1

Bruce and White to St.Kilda

St.Kilda first pick to Brisbane

Charman to Melbourne

Trade 2

Johnstone and Jamar to Port Adelaide

One of Carlile/Chaplin/Pettigrew and Port Adelaide 2nd pick to Melbourne

Trade 3

Chris Johnson to West Coast

Sampi to Melbourne

The first trade delivers us an effective ruckman. The second trade a much needed CHB and the third trade could be considered a risk but if Sampi decides he wants to play (which he has indicated) chances are it won't be at West Coast. Could be a handy addition to our forward line.

First off...Charman is Brisbanes # 1 ruckman. Why would they lose him. He is starting to show terrific signs. Secondly, why would port want Jamar when they have Lade and Brogan and jamar is not at afl standard. Thirdly...sampi has said he has no motovation to play afl so its a wasted pick

We still need another forward who can consistently take contested grabs, Dunn definitely doesn't fit into this category and the fact that he's been played as a run with type suggests that the club realises this. I'm not convinced that Bate is a sound long term prospect up forward either.

We need another big athletic forward who can take a pack mark

We need another big athletic forward who can take a pack mark

Unless J Brown is on the market, there are not too many players who fit this criteria. In the modern game, pack marks are a rarity.

Key forwards are the least of our problems at the moment. Ruckmen, key backmen and creative running backmen are our priorities imho.

Key forwards are the least of our problems at the moment. Ruckmen, key backmen and creative running backmen are our priorities imho.

Kurt Tippett (Adelaide) for Brent Moloney.

Promising 202 Ruckmen.

With Hudson, Biglands, Griffin, Maric, Meesan, Sellar all competing for 2 spots, We could snag him.

Guest The Tiger Of Old
Kurt Tippett (Adelaide) for Brent Moloney.

Promising 202 Ruckmen.

With Hudson, Biglands, Griffin, Maric, Meesan, Sellar all competing for 2 spots, We could snag him.

I wouldn't trade Maloney yet. Give him a pre-season & he will kill.

He is still very young & is a grand talent.

Even if we do trade him - Watch him next year.

unfortunately for Beamer his true value may never be realised due to his niggling OP.. Theres a reasonable argument to be had that he's worth trading. Some wont like it.. such is life

I wouldn't trade Maloney yet. Give him a pre-season & he will kill.

He is still very young & is a grand talent.

Even if we do trade him - Watch him next year.

Here lies the problem with AFL clubs during trade week. Instead of trying to improve your list, we're more concerned about what the resident player might do at his new club.

Trading Moloney for Tippett, Maric or Griffin would benefit the club. Some may argue that you're trading an established player for an unknown quantity, well all draftees are are an unknown quantity. We desperately need to trade for a young ruckman.

Its always amused me..and many others no doubt, that some just dont ( or wont ) grasp the idea of trading. Whether its lollies, swap cards or players..you have to GIVE in order to GET !!.. The very nature of trade is you are offering something you are prepared to do without in order to get somethng you need. Some seem to forget this basic premise..

What dont we want. we dont want players who for one reason or another cant fulfil their promise or potential. we need players who can fill roles we are undermanned in. its not rocket science.

but too many will then attach sentimentality to it all. they will waffel on about loyalty and this bloke gives his heart for the jumper... yada yada yada..Blah blah BLAHHHH !! To them.. please take note.. it doesnt matter !! its all about balance. Its all about 'compelteness' of a team.There..Ive said it..TEAM !!

its good that X Y or Z plays with passion and attachment , but at the end of the day, its a job. They will do it for another club, they will do it in order to continue plying their trade and being involved in a competition they enjoy. If you can trade a half useful somethig together with a 'please stand in queue here number' for another but more useful player..well why wouldnt you??