• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

My 2008 blueprint

Yze_Magic

Frsitly, hire Kevin Sheedy as coach and Todd Viney as an assistant.

Do not let CAC go anywhere.

Trade week

Cameron Bruce, Chris Johnson and pick 51

to Essendon for

Pick 5 and Kepler Bradley

Brad Miller

to Brisbane

Pick 42

Delistings

Daniel Ward, Simon Godfrey, Matthew Warnock, Heath Neville, Clint Bizzell

Rookie elevation

Jace Bode

National draft

Picks 3, 5 , 20, 36, 42

3 - Trent Cotchin - Onballer - 184cm - 81kgs - Northern Knights

5 - Brad Ebert - Onballer -187cm 86kg - Port Magpies

20 - Tom Bellchambers - Ruckman - 199cm 91kgs - Tasmania

36 - Dan McKenna - KEY BACK/FORWARD - 194cm - 82kgs - Gippsland Power

42 - Steve Gaertner- KEY FORWARD - 196cm, 83kg - Dandenong Stingrays

Eerily like the 2003 draft, the Demons pick up 2 brilliant youngsters with picks 3 and 5. Cotchin and Ebert will impact straight away with their speed and skills, and are more than capable of being starting 22 players from round 1. Bellchambers is a very good tap ruckman who will add to our bare ruck department.

Bruce is lost in trade week, but the pain will not be felt as the Demons take the mercurial Ebert with pick 5, as well as bringing in some extra size with the versatile Kepler Bradley, who is out of favour at Essendon.

In -

Kepler Bradley

Jace Bode

Trent Cotchin

Brad Ebert

Tom Bellchambers

Dan MCKenna

Steve Gaertner

PS draft - pick 3

Out -

Simon Godfrey

Cameron Bruce

Chris Johnson

Brad Miller

Matthew Warnock

Heath Neville

Clint Bizzell

2008 senior list

Clint Bartram

Matthew Bate

Daniel Bell

Tom Bellchambers

Jace Bode

Kepler Bradley

Nathan D. Brown

Simon Buckley

Nathan Carroll

Trent Cotchin

Aaron Davey

Lynden Dunn

Brad Ebert

Ryan Ferguson

James Frawley

Steve Gaertner

Colin Garland

Brad Green

Ben Holland

Mark Jamar

Paul A. Johnson

Travis Johnstone

Nathan Jones

James McDonald

Dan McKenna

Brock McLean

Brent Moloney

David Neitz

Michael Newton

Ricky Petterd

Byron Pickett

Jared Rivers

Russell Robertson

Colin Sylvia

Isaac Weetra

Paul Wheatley

Matthew Whelan

Jeff White

Adem Yze

PS draft - pick 3

Impossible to say who we could take with the 3rd pick in the Preseaon draft, but lest hope there are some quality players that fail to re-sign with their clubs.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

funnily enough i agree with YM on both those trades. (i dont think ive eva agreed with YM before haha).

I would sign up Sheedy as coach for sure.

i assume we have pick 2,18,20,36,52,68

TRADE PERIOD:

Bruce and pick 36 FOR pick 7-10 (most probably to Western Bulldogs, Stkilda or Collingwood)

Brad Miller (QLDer) + pick 18 + pick 52 FOR Cameron Wood (brisbane) + pick 58

Mark Jamar FOR pick 50ish (any club that will take him... i honestly suspect someone will)

DRAFT PERIOD:

pick 2: Cotchin/ Morton

pick 10: Rys Palmer/ McEvoy (if he's available)

pick20: Best Ruckman Availabel

pick 50ish: ???

pick 58: ???

pick 68: ???

PSD: ???

INS: 8 players:

Cameron Wood (10 yr number 1 ruckman)

Cotchin

Palmer

Pick 20, 50ish, 58, 68

PSD

OUTS:8 players

Bizzel (retired)

Warnock

Neville

Brown (retired)

Pickett (retired)

Jamar (traded)

Miller (traded)

Bruce (traded)

(Nb: Ward, Holland, Ferguson are the borderline players i kept on the list bc they are necessary depth.)

Conclusion:

We bring in a 10 yr ruckman to replace White long-term, and bring in 2 absolute gun midfielders to add to our stock pile. pick 20 and lower to be used on utilities and KPP, or maybe even use pick 10 on a guy like Henderson if he slips down the order.

We lose Bruce, which sux, but of all our senior players he is most expendable because he has poor leadership and his possessions are NOT damaging.

Jamar and Miller are dead wood cut off and overall bring in a crop of players under 20 for our aging 30 somethings.

yze_magic, i dont think we can trade bruce because we signed him up this year. heffernan rule.

The irony of that rule is delicious :rolleyes:

Y_M, if we get pick 3 for Bruce that would be an absolute miracle. However, as Deanox rightly pointed out, he would need to agree to the trade as he signed a new deal in 2007.

Would you do the same, but trade Sylvia for pick 5 instead?

We'd lose a young midfielder/half forward, and gain two more.

I'm not advocating trading Sylvia, but if we want pick 5 we'll need to trade something good. Whoever coaches Essendon next year won't let a first round pick go, especially not for a 28 year old.

Why would Brisbane want Brad Miller?

And why do people put trade deals up that are patently favourable to MFC with little or no benefit for the other side? CAC would be laughed at in trade week suggesting most of the trade deals mentioned?

He comes from QLD Rhino - it's common sense. Ability and list needs really aren't that important! :wacko:

Yze Magic. Some questions.

1 - Why would the Bombers, whose Board have just committed to a rebuild swap a high pick for a 28 year old Cameron Bruce?

2 - Why would we want Kepler Bradley? There have to major question marks about whether there is a position that he can hold down.

3 - Why would Lions give up a talented ruckman who they have put alot of development into for essentially pick 18?

Guest unstable punt

And why do people put trade deals up that are patently favourable to MFC with little or no benefit for the other side? CAC would be laughed at in trade week suggesting most of the trade deals mentioned?

Bruce and Sylvia will not go so you are way off, its all guesswork and l just think you all should be patient and wait. The coach hasn't even turned up yet and if its Sheeds we will not get Bradley, can't understand why you would want him????

There would be a fair few teams lining up for Brad Miller is he is put up for trade

He is an experienced KPP that has experience at both ends of ther ground

A change of scenery and he may a good player. I reckon Brisbane would go after him, not only cos he is a Qlder but Miller is mates with Jonathan Brown

I think leigh Matthews would see Miller is a talented athlete whom he could mould into a good footballer

Oh for the love of god, no more friggen essendon hacks! <_<

Couldn't agree more Madness. Kepler Bradley is not wanted by Sheedy thus IF Sheedy becomes coach he still will not be required. Bradley just boots the ball anywhere like a good old country footballer. His disposal is very,very ordinary and makes Bruce's kicking look sublime. He is nowhere near Bruce's talents and we would lose on the suggested trade so much. I cannot understand why Cameron Bruce is so criticised on this forum as he is one of our top 6 players and has been for at least 5 years. People have so very short memories and conveniently forget the brilliant games he has played for the Dees.

He is nowhere near Bruce's talents and we would lose on the suggested trade so much.

Why?

The main part of the trade is pick 5

Bradley is just loose change

There would be a fair few teams lining up for Brad Miller is he is put up for trade

He is an experienced KPP that has experience at both ends of ther ground

A change of scenery and he may a good player. I reckon Brisbane would go after him, not only cos he is a Qlder but Miller is mates with Jonathan Brown

I think leigh Matthews would see Miller is a talented athlete whom he could mould into a good footballer

Name them and why would they want a player who has fundamental limitations in his football skills and in six years cannot command a spot in a bottom dwelling side ravaged by injuries. His experience at both ends of the ground have been failures

I am sure Miller will trigger a bidding war! <_<

No one in their right mind would trade their opportunity with a young draft player for Miller. If we do beeter than pick 55 it would be a steal.

Brisbane will go after Miller becasue he is from QLd and a mate of Jonathan Brown. :blink: Might they consider what he woud actually bring to the club. :lol:

Miller is a limited footballer who has hit his talent ceiling. His athleticism does not hide this.

Jack Dyer once said about a footballer..." You cant make a silk slipper out of an old gum boot". It aptly applies to Miller.

If any side were to get Miller it would more likely be through the PSD.

Guest redandbluethruandthru

good call on bellchambers yze magic. im a tassie bloke and he has been very impressive albeit in a sh!thouse team. is versatile and great tap ruckman

Miller is just down on confidence.

If he goes to a new team there is a chance he will get up to the form we all saw a few years back.

And even then our new coach may keep him with the same thought. Get his confidence up, he can get better.

It is plainly obvious that he isn't not talented. Just lacks confidence in his ability after a few bad games which turned into alot of bad games. It happens to alot of players, but as soon as they get their confidence up they become quite good.

The one trade I want...... or perhaps through pre-season draft.

Why not try and get Whitnal for the same reason people would want Miller as mentioned above?