Do Melbourne fans cheer?

whitito

Sitting in the Southern Satnd, 2nd tear on the wing, I felt like an island last night.

Absolutely no vocal support for the team from the start.

The players were lamentable in the first half and the fans around me were pathetic all game.

Absolutely shite effort from the "supporters".

Speak up and make your self heard FFS.

As feral as Collingwood are, at least they make there feelings heard.

We sit there politely and accept it.

Wake up!!

wow, so you manage to sit next to every melbourne supporter in the ground do you? and you can hear the input?

if you were into it you probably wouldn't be able to tell if the rest of the crowd was going nuts, but if you wanna hear some loud stupidity feel free to sit on the right hand side of the players race in the MCC

As I posted on 'ology:

"CROWD: 46,277

What a pathetic crowd figure.

What was it a bit cold?

A bit wet?

All the toffs didn't want to get chilly cheering for the number 9?

The first Demon in our long history to play 150 games. Our longest serving captain at that and we can't even get 50,000 at the G against the filth.

That is [censored]ing pathetic. Melbourne supporters should be ashamed (and this isn't directed at passionate ones like those here).

This sort of [censored] justifies all the pathetic stereotypes about Melbourne supporters. The fact so few made it to the game to support Neita on his 300th just sickens me.

Any of you weak fairies out there reading this (yeah you know who you are) you as weak and pathetic as that [censored]wit Ben Johnson. You're a disgrace to our club.

I'm disgusted at the lack of support shown to Neita. "

Maybe it was the noise from where I was sitting behind the goals at the Punt Road end, but I thought that the Melbourne supporters clearly outnumbered their counterparts tonight. I would be surprised if there were 20,000 Maggie fans there for their own home game. Still, we should have managed to drum up more than 30,000 of our own fans to such a momentous game.

Well, I flew over from Adelaide for the match and sat above the cheersquad on level 2 in N2

To my amazement, about 5 mins before the start of the game, who should sit around me and the missus?!?!?!

None other than.....

Brad Miller, Daniel Ward, Simon Godfrey, Cam Bruce, The Wrecker, Simon Buckley, Adem Yze, Brent Moloney, PJ, Rivers, Neaves and James Frawley!!!!

I cheer no matter what, and so does the other half, but it was amazing to see that the Dees in the Outer cheer with the best of them!!!

Even tho we lost, it will be a night I will never forget!!!

We were behind the goals at the city end, sitting amongst the scum, they copped a lot of earfulls from us I can guarantee you that....they were constantly reminded that while they were winning they still are absolutely no good.

plenty of noise where we sat...M11 We outnumbered Collingwood supporters and make our presence known.

If that ever happened to me, I'd have to move seats I'd be that nervous!

Did the players actually cheer and shout out 'balllllll' and all of that?

And could you hear what they were saying when Bell and co. got injured?

After a few beers the nerves dissappeared.... Made sure I didn't get too pi$$ed tho :)

Plenty of "Ball" and "McLaren, you are a bloody joke!" (which was quite amusing)

When Holland got injured, the wives and girlfriends were a bit sickened by the vision and the boys were obviously concerned! And after Bell got cleaned up, there was genuine worry amongst the fellas.... A few of the old "Johnson, you dirty [censored]" and "You're gone for the year mate"

All I know was I was in the MCC down near the front in the rain wearing just my Melburne guernsey screaming my head off all game. Jumping in the air and having a go at every sook Filth supporter I could see. Thats what it is about, being tough, loving your team, having a go at the opposition supporters and players and fighting for your team.

We lost.

BUT CARN THE MIGHTY MELBOURNE DEMONS!!!!!

Apparently all the roads around the MCG were blocked before the game, as there was a Bob Dylan concert & the storm playing at Olympic Park.

I was not going to park at the G on a wet night, getting out of there is bad enough in daylight; we ended up parking at the Arts Centre as both Olympic Park and the Tennis Centre carparks were closed to us.

Disgraeceful turn out for the Skippers 300th

I am tipping all the Brighton toffs were at MT.Buller or didnt want to get wet

I was sitting front row on the boundary, freezzing my [censored] off and loving every minute of it

The Demons need to expand their supporter base, becuase sadly for the MFC is it primarily bayside people that are Melbourne members and they just dont have the passion for football that the rest of the city does

Would have loved to be at the game. I can't since i live interstate and i just cant drop everything on friday, catch a plane, and be back home the next day. :(

On the radio which i listen to for coverage, melbourne supporters 'seemed pretty' quiet, but there was really no difference, maybe it was the reception

I was sitting front row on the boundary, freezzing my [censored] off and loving every minute of it

The Demons need to expand their supporter base, becuase sadly for the MFC is it primarily bayside people that are Melbourne members and they just dont have the passion for football that the rest of the city does

Whilst I agree 100% that it was a disappointing turn-out from Melbourne supporters for Neita's 300th, your generalisation that people from the Bayside area have no passion for football is exactly the kinda rubbish that us true Melbourne supporters are left to deal with.

I'm not from Brighton or Bentleigh, but I know many people who are and are avid Melbourne supporters who DO go to games.

I also know supporters from many other different suburbs who sometimes just don't feel like going.

People are fickle. That's life.

Whilst I actually prefer the Melbourne supporter stereotype much more than the other ones (eg: Collingwood supporters are ferrel dole-bludgers with no teeth), it still ticks me off to hear comments such as this.

We don't have and, to my recollection, have never had a large supporter base, so I hope that whoever comes in to coach next year will bring in a few more members and perhaps a slightly different image to the club.

YM i was where you were i was with my friend who is a carlton supporter he came to watch neitz 300th ... and he was appauled he thought there should have been minimum 60,000 there to see the club champion and first dee to play 300 games... we weer going for melbourne all night screaming our lungs out... we were fairly upset that neitz never got the send off he deserved...

Angry, It was pathetic like our supporters....

I like to think that everyone on demonland is a true Demon supporter...

That crowd considering the bulk would have been Magpie supporters....

Also last week i made the trip from Launceston to see Whitey play his 250th game against the Bulldogs at the Dome.. Again there were about 18,000 there.. Another pathetic crowd......

As the old saying goes until you buy your membership and renew it and truly support your club through thick and thin you can not be considered a supporter and cannot be taking seriously.

I don’t understand we smashed our membership record this year (Over 28,000) but do they turn up to games... If we don’t lift as supporters we might not have a team to support in 5 years. Which is also why it is imperative to sign Sheedy now so he can market the club and make us a powerful club like we were in the 50's and 60's.....

Get out there and support the team Melbourne based Demon supporters. The onus is on you as you are there with the option to represent the Melbourne faithful....

I was in M13, near the front. I shouted myself hoarse, and my throat is still scratchy three days later.

I was in the next bay... surrounded by ferals and cheering like crazy.

And what do you know Yze_Magic, I'm from Brighton! :rolleyes:

Apparently all the roads around the MCG were blocked before the game, as there was a Bob Dylan concert & the storm playing at Olympic Park.

Oh no, get a freaking train in like all the other smart people do instead of driving...dddeeerrrr!!!!!

I was sitting in M9 surrounded by the filth (including the mate i took with me) and i reckon i drowned them all out!!!

Cheersquad was great this round ;)

I was in M13 as well...... Row S and it was bloody loud, especially when we started storming back.

Yep, the third quarter was a beauty around us. I was in row F I think. Sounds like we were right near each other. Funny. :)

Yep, the third quarter was a beauty around us. I was in row F I think. Sounds like we were right near each other. Funny. :)

Am I the only person that goes to games and tries to suss out who might be Demonlanders? :unsure:

It's quite a challenge, but then again I guess one of the attractions of a forum such as this is the annonymity.